New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Basta ako sa foundations na ako deretso nag dodonate, never ako directly nagbibigay...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I would have given money as well if the guy used the dialysis excuse on me.

*digitalron, something similar happened to me. I was in the grocery when a tall mestizo guy (not sure if he is caucasian or Filipino) approached me asking for P5 to pay for one small pack of Boy Bawang. He spoke well and said that he will give me back the P5 but he still has to get his money in the food court area. I didn't know how to react so I just gave him the P5. I probably look naive (or tatanga tanga? ) that's why he approached me.

Wow... looks like their "sounds good" shock tactics got the better of us!

Come think of it... I do look tatanga-tanga as well if I'm not on environment-aware mode. I'm oftentimes guarded (and look suplado, but that's to keep away unwanted sales people, hehe) but there are times I let my guard down especially when tired from work. Hayzzz.... The things we have to put up with.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

*digitalron, something similar happened to me. I was in the grocery when a tall mestizo guy (not sure if he is caucasian or Filipino) approached me asking for P5 to pay for one small pack of Boy Bawang. He spoke well and said that he will give me back the P5 but he still has to get his money in the food court area. I didn't know how to react so I just gave him the P5. I probably look naive (or tatanga tanga? ) that's why he approached me.
    Baka you are kind hearted lang talaga. So what happened? Did he pay you the P5? Or did you follow him to the food court area to get the money?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008

Uy cathy...baka naman na hypnotized ka! Pambili ng boy Bawang!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    [qoute]Nagalit pa daw yong Mama at sinabing marunong ka pa sa akin.[/qoute]

haha.. imbes na mag-rason ng maayos nagalit pa siya.... sa probinsya namin may permit ang mga nanglilimos para sa pampa-opera... ok siya ha...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    magalit na kayo sakin pero nagbibigay ako sa ganyan. minsan depende lang din sa itsura o angas ng humihingi. NARANASAN KO NA KASI ANG HIRAP NG BUHAY SA GIPIT KO NAISIPAN KO NG KUMAIN NG LUPA. LITERAL YAN! bilang pasasalamat na lang sa panibagong buhay na binigay ni Allah. taos puso kong binibigay ang mumunting perang inililimos ko sa kanino mang humihingi para huwag lang silang makapanakit. kadalasan nga kahit nasa isip ko na nanloloko lang sila. kung nakapag papautang nga ako sa mga BALASUBAS na magagandang kausap bago ako hiraman. eh bakit pa sa taong humihingi ng tulong na wala namang pinapangakong kapalit. pagka bigay ko ng pera bumubulong ako ng dasal para sa pagbabago ng kanilang buhay. MAAAWAING DIYOS KO PO, TULUNGAN NINYO KAMI!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Ako, hindi magpapaloko sa mga Syndikatong yan

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    Scammers know that most Filipinos still have a kind heart that is why their depredations continue.

By the way, I have had two unusual (to me at least) experiences with people asking for money.

First was in Greenbelt around four years ago, it was late afternoon. A guy in his mid to late 40s approached me and asked for fare money because he claimed he lost his wallet. Not terribly unusual... except for one thing: he was a North American Caucasian! He was wearing smart casual (short polo tucked in, beige slacks, and brown leather shoes), and he spoke in an educated manner. At first I refused to give him money but he was insistent (but relatively polite) so I ended giving him twenty pesos just so he would leave me.

The second was while walking along Buendia going towards South Super Highway around two or three years ago. It was night and very few people were around me. Just past Export bank, a somewhat tall Filipino guy with a bonnet approached me, and said "Sir, I'm sorry to bother you, but do you have some spare change for me?" I was taken aback because he looked like a street tambay but when he spoke, he had a nice inflection! He didn't sound like someone trained in a call center; he sounded like he was a well-mannered, well-educated, fluent person. Of course I was a bit troubled because no one was around the area... and he was taller than me, so I gave him a fistful of coins (mixed five and one peso coins, didn't really bother counting).

Have any of you encountered similar stuff?

I still do get the usual woman and child who need fare money, older guys who claim they have a sick child, and other similar stuff; but those two specific incidents really burned in my brain because of their being so unusual.

I would also give money to that man who was asking for help... Somehow, it takes courage to ask assistance from strangers....

digitalron, - malamang totoong nawalan ng pera ang mga lumapit sa inyo. Iyong una fare money, iyong pangalawa, 'spare change'(?)... For what purpose, though?

CFY - malamang gumigimik ang mama na iyan dahil natipuhan ka. Did he ask for your contact info or anything to extend your conversation?...

10.3K:sumo:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    magalit na kayo sakin pero nagbibigay ako sa ganyan. minsan depende lang din sa itsura o angas ng humihingi. NARANASAN KO NA KASI ANG HIRAP NG BUHAY SA GIPIT KO NAISIPAN KO NG KUMAIN NG LUPA. LITERAL YAN! bilang pasasalamat na lang sa panibagong buhay na binigay ni Allah. taos puso kong binibigay ang mumunting perang inililimos ko sa kanino mang humihingi para huwag lang silang makapanakit. kadalasan nga kahit nasa isip ko na nanloloko lang sila. kung nakapag papautang nga ako sa mga BALASUBAS na magagandang kausap bago ako hiraman. eh bakit pa sa taong humihingi ng tulong na wala namang pinapangakong kapalit. pagka bigay ko ng pera bumubulong ako ng dasal para sa pagbabago ng kanilang buhay. MAAAWAING DIYOS KO PO, TULUNGAN NINYO KAMI!
    I guess that makes two of us. Pag may lumapit sa akin ma totoo man yung mga sinasabi o scam, binibigyan ko, kasagaran twenty bucks. Pag scam, they may rot in the fires of hell. Mga batang lansangan na nanghihingi ng makakain (usually pagkain lang and not cash) they have a special place in my heart. There was a time I brought three batang lansangan inside Mc Donalds when we docked at Cebu International Port. At a very young age I know how it feels to go hungry.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUR-RT View Post
    eto naman, nakatamby kami sa petron q ave, then may lumapit sa amin nanghihingi ng tulong yung anak daw niya may sakit kailangan ng tulong, eh yung isang kasama ko ay staff ng BITAG, so tinanung niya yung nanghihingi ng tulong kung lumapit na raw sa pcso etc sabi oo, tapos sabi ng kaibigan ko magpunta na lang sa opisina ng BITAG para ma follow up yung request ( siya din kase umaasikaso sa mga nanghihingi ng tulong sa BITAG) aba ang ginwa nung nanghihingi ng tulong umalis na lang bigla.. tsk tsk modus nga...

kaya gingawa ko pag may ganun sinasabi ko puntahan niya yung kaibigan kong staff ng BITAG para matulungan, binibigay ko name nung kaibigan ko so kung totoo man na nangangailangan ng tulong yung tao mas malaki matutulong nung referral ko kaysa sa 20 pesos na ililimos ko.
    Bro, hinge naman contact ng Bitag friend mo so I can refer those people to him. =]
    PM mo nlang.. Wag mo lang ako refer sa Bitag to get their number XD haha

Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    Scammers know that most Filipinos still have a kind heart that is why their depredations continue.

By the way, I have had two unusual (to me at least) experiences with people asking for money.

First was in Greenbelt around four years ago, it was late afternoon. A guy in his mid to late 40s approached me and asked for fare money because he claimed he lost his wallet. Not terribly unusual... except for one thing: he was a North American Caucasian! He was wearing smart casual (short polo tucked in, beige slacks, and brown leather shoes), and he spoke in an educated manner. At first I refused to give him money but he was insistent (but relatively polite) so I ended giving him twenty pesos just so he would leave me.

The second was while walking along Buendia going towards South Super Highway around two or three years ago. It was night and very few people were around me. Just past Export bank, a somewhat tall Filipino guy with a bonnet approached me, and said "Sir, I'm sorry to bother you, but do you have some spare change for me?" I was taken aback because he looked like a street tambay but when he spoke, he had a nice inflection! He didn't sound like someone trained in a call center; he sounded like he was a well-mannered, well-educated, fluent person. Of course I was a bit troubled because no one was around the area... and he was taller than me, so I gave him a fistful of coins (mixed five and one peso coins, didn't really bother counting).

Have any of you encountered similar stuff?

I still do get the usual woman and child who need fare money, older guys who claim they have a sick child, and other similar stuff; but those two specific incidents really burned in my brain because of their being so unusual.
    Whoa .. Given benefit of a doubt they could be telling the truth- kinda like twist of faith.. But at least they are polite..

I rather have those manlilimus/beggars than a theif anytime..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
New M.O. sa panlilimos (Naka-weekly dialysis daw ang anak)