New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    My father had just renewed his Non-Prof driver's license last month. May bago daw requirement for renewals: BIR TIN # card. And here's the problem . . .

We all know that this TIN # is FREE. Right? You just have to go to the nearest BIR office and request for it. Well, may mga magagaling na LTO employees na ginagawang gatasan ang bagay na ito.

Kung wala ka pang TIN# ay sasabihin nilang sila na ang bahala, just pay php1000! At marami na silang nabibiktima, mostly tricycle and jeepney drivers. Pati mga kawawang farmers ay hindi pinapatawad. And these people usually don't know government policies. I'm referring to LTO Region 2. . .

I hope USec Lomibao will do something about it!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My friend told me about a similar MO at LTO. They would ask for your TIN # and if you don't have your TIN card with you, they would verify your TIN # at the BIR website but you have to pay P120 for the print out. The "verification" is done at a sari sari store across the LTO office.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    anak ng.. eh paano yung mga wala pang trabaho? sagabal lang ito.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I heard last week at the NEWS.
    AM Radio c/o 630 Channel/Frequency
    That they won't ask for TIN# anymore.

It's a good news for all of us.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uuuyyyy, naabutan pa erpats mo TS....

LTO lifts TIN requirement
    By Perseus Echeminada (The Philippine Star) Updated September 19, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Reacting to complaints of driver’s license applicants, the Land Transportation Office (LTO) has lifted the requirement of a Tax Information Number (TIN) card that complicated the processing of applications for a license.

LTO chief Arturo Lomibao issued last Wednesday Memorandum Circular 2009-1216 directing LTO branches nationwide to implement the requirement to present the TIN card only in the processing of student permits and new driver’s license applications.

Aside from student permits, the TIN will also be required for applicants of new conductor’s license number, duplicate professional and non-professional and conductor’s license, conversion of foreign license to local license, and student permit for foreigners.

TIN will no longer be required for the renewal of professional and non-professional drivers’ licenses, expired driver’s license from two to 10 years, revision of records and replacement of mutilated driver’s license.

The TIN or photocopy of the TIN card will, however, be required for the processing of driver’s license of Filipinos living abroad.

The TIN requirement is in compliance with the executive order issued by former President Joseph Estrada, which mandated all government agencies to require applicants for driver’s license - even students and non-taxpayers - to get a TIN before their application could be processed.

Lomibao, a former chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP) who assumed his LTO post only last February, has ordered an investigation into the irregular processing of license renewal at the LTO branch in Las Piñas City, wherein an applicant for renewal of driver’s license was required to present a valid identification card and TIN card before his or her application would be processed.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyl Ryan View Post
    I heard last week at the NEWS.
    AM Radio c/o 630 Channel/Frequency
    That they won't ask for TIN# anymore.

It's a good news for all of us.
    Thanks for informing tsikoteers out there. Ako personally may TIN# ako, pero paano naman sa mga wala pa diba, yung mga hindi pa nagtatrabaho, mahirap din maglakad ng TIN#, pahirap lang ito.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I know my TIN #, pero I don't have a TIN Card. Hassle talaga ang process na ganito.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Nabuko na kasi ang modus operandi nila kasabwat ang mga fixer . Lahat talaga nang alam nilang pakakakitaan kayang gawan ng paraan sa loob ng LTO. Para mapabilis kailangan kang maglagay.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    buti na lang nabuko 'tong money making scheme na 'to ng philstar

the funny thing is last month na-impress pa naman ako sa lto pagkatapos ko i-register iyong auto namin & it took me only about 45 minutes tops to process the whole thing w/o the "help" of any fixer. akala ko naman ang laking improvement na

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Whoa! Ang galing tumiming. Nadale pa ako niyan. Na-delay ang pagkuha ko dahil wala akong dalang papeles na may TIN #. Oh well. At least na-lift na.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast