New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi guys!

I just wanna share something here. We Tsikoteers love our cars... and most of us drive defensively to avoid damaging our cars. Unfortunately, no matter how careful we are to our cars, there are times that other motorists bump into us.

Just last week, my mom was driving my Suzuki APV along EDSA. She was waiting at a U-Turn Slot and then "thump"... a Navara bumped my ride's rear bumper.

Ayun na, usap na sila. My mom told the driver/owner of the Navara that he hit the rear bumper of my car... and that Navara driver/owner still had the guts to say "Wala yan, maliit lang 'yan." (yung pagkasabi parang minamaliit un damage) Yeah, I know it's small, pero walang hiya naman dent yan kitang-kita! My mom said, "Oo para sa iyo wala iyan, pero ang anak ko maalaga sa kotse niya (something like that)."

And then the Navara owner said that it's alright, insurance na daw niya may sagot diyan. Then he gave my mom a calling card, tawagan nalang daw.

My mom told me the news the next morning and she gave me the calling card. Well, I said it's alright, I will try calling him.

Since that Saturday until today, he doesn't answer my calls. He answered my text message with "who r u?" (What the hell, right?) despite the fact I introduced myself to him. I called up his office and his secretary answered... "Sige sir sabihin ko sa kanya na tumawag siya sa iyo." And then I called the office back, the secretary said, "Sabi niya oo daw." Okay, where's the call? I tried calling his cell phone and still, no answer. Now I'm pissed!

Now this goes to show that the Navara owner is one incompetent a**hole trying to escape liability. (Asar, hindi na-damage Navara niya.) I'm only 19 but I know that liabilities MUST BE PAID. It wouldn't be much of a big deal if the one who bumped you will compensate for the damages incurred. If I was the Navara driver, I will be very much apologetic to the victim. But this guy has no guts (parang gusto yata umalis agad nung sa accident scene).

My mom wasn't able to get his plate number but I have his calling card. So, might as well put it here in cyberspace:

Mr. Ricardo Santos
    General Manager, Flour Palace Marketing
    0917-8991010

Main Office:
    195-A 9th Avenue Extension, Kalookan City, Metro Manila, Philippines
    Tel No 365-4590 / 365-4593
    Fax No 365-4584

Warehouse:
    East Canumay, Valenzuela, Metro Manila, Philippines

He's Chinese, about 30+ years old.
    Those who are in the CAMANAVA area, be on the look-out.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I'm sorry to hear that sir, we are roughly on the same age, I'm just a little bit younger, and I understand what you feel, I really hope that the navara owner named Mr. Ricardo Santos will soon answer your calls. Sana po pala nakuha niyo yung plate number and na pa gawan muna ng police report bago umalis.

Paging Mr. Ricardo Santos! That might be the start of bad luck in your business! tsk..

I hate drivers that are like him, actually, everyone does!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Unfortunately if you are in a traffic accident like what your mom was in, she should have gotten a police and had the proper police report prepared.

She did not. Had she done that it would have been easy to file in the small claims court (car accidents with an estimated damage less than P100,000.)

Now your mom is in the mercy of the other party.

Tip na lang sa lahat - pag kayo ay nasa aksidente, tumawag agad ng police at pagawa ng POLICE REPORT. Tapos file ninyo sa small claims court.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    why not do something like this (nakaka irita nga naman talaga mga ganyang tao):

-google or do some extensive research muna about that guy's informations
    -call the number again kunyari you're an applicant then gusto mo malaman address ng company na iyan but this time use another phone pang 'bait' sa kanila
    -if being an applicant fails, isip ng alternative makuha lang address ng location to where that calling card belongs
    -get the address
    -go to the building/location to doublecheck if it is existing
    -plan some by-bust operation (tama ba yung spelling?) with the cops and make some early arrangements
    -mag sama ng pulis in an undercover or pulis in-disguise na kunyari e kasama mo lang na normal na tao para makapasok din siya.
    -once na makita niyo, posasan niyo na then show your warrant of arrest kung possible. ipahiya niyo sa buong building like make a show ganun ganun or something like that na makuha lang attention ng mga tao sa paligid or inside that specific building mahalata lang siya
    -give him some b**** slaps
    the rest e sa tingin ko applied na sa court -if you're willing to go that far

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hmmm.. see, I am correct in some of my points, your mom should have gotten a police report likewise the scenario would be so different like what is really happening right now.

Try doing some of burai's tips, it might help a lot! Kung bakasyon mo naman at wala ka summer class ngayon, try looking for that man and bringing some police with you,

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *double post - damn... server error*

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    anung kulay ng navarra? maliit lang ang 9th ave. madaling makita yan main office nila.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Guys! Thank you for your replies.

I passed by 9th Avenue yesterday.. di ba yung 9th ave extension yun yung bandang LRT line na? I wasn't able to see the number "195-A", but I think it's somewhere there (I saw number "192").

Yeah, sayang nga talaga. Mom should really have gotten the Navara's plate number and made a police report. Next time, we should take note of that procedure.

Come to think of it... why would he give us his contact details (complete with address) pero magtatago siya (though his secretary said that he's out of the office most of the time). Pwede kaya natin i-report auto niya sa LTO?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Personally, nakaka-init ng dugo kapag may nagkabangga sa iyo ng maliit tapos sasabihan ka ng "maliit lang yan".

I'm always tempted to retort, "maliit pala ha? Gawin ko kaya sa kotse mo yan, lagyan ko ng yupi para quits tayo. Ano?"

Whatever happened to "I'm sorry, it's my fault. I'm offering to pay for the damages"? Kapag ganun nga, mas may chances ka pa na pagbibigyan ka ng nabangga mo kapag maliit lang talaga at not worth the hassle. Ngayon puro "Maliit lang yan. Ok lang yan. Wag na tayo magpapolicereport, hassle lang sa lahat, peperahan lang tayo ng pulis." Simpleng mali lang, ayaw aminin.

Kaya bulok tong bansa natin eh. Kung maliit na mali ay ayaw aminin, paano na kaya yung mga malalaking kagaguhan?

Something similar happened to me a few years back. The imbecile also managed to get away that time because I was driving an old, banged-up family car and was dead-tired and wanted nothing more than to go home and hit the sack. Now whenever I think about it, I always regretted that decision. I should've pushed through with their entire thing, even if the only reason for it was to waste the idiot's time.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    Unfortunately if you are in a traffic accident like what your mom was in, she should have gotten a police and had the proper police report prepared.

She did not. Had she done that it would have been easy to file in the small claims court (car accidents with an estimated damage less than P100,000.)

Now your mom is in the mercy of the other party.

Tip na lang sa lahat - pag kayo ay nasa aksidente, tumawag agad ng police at pagawa ng POLICE REPORT. Tapos file ninyo sa small claims court.
    yep i agree! medyo hassle lang pero if you are the aggravated party, ang police report ang depensa mo sa ganitong kaso. hindi naman pwedeng ireport mo lang sa LTO yan since walang police report na magpapatunay nung pangyayari.

sana hinayaan nyo magtraffic hanggang dumating ang pulis at maimbestigahan ng maayos. usually i-blotter yan then kapag pinirmahan saka lang irerelease yun license or yun sasakyan nung nakabangga

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Navara owner escaping liability