New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Enrile eyes political fundraising in mysterious phone load deductions

05/27/2009 | 11:33 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Mysterious deductions from his cellular phone load in the last three days have led Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile to suspect the trick could be telecommunication firms' political fundraising tactic for the 2010 polls.

Enrile raised his suspicion at a hearing of the Congressional Oversight Committee on Comprehensive Tax Reform Program at the Senate Wednesday.

“As a politician, I have experienced it for a period of over four decades. Is it possible, now they are going to face a stiff political contest in the country, some of these public utilities, telcos especially, would be expecting a lineup of politicians going to them for help and so are raising funds through this system? At least they got from me almost P1,000 in three days, so that they can put this in a slush account not in their regular book from where they will draw the money to support favorite politicians," he said.

He suggested that the government impose a heavy tax on telecommunications firms, and use the tax instead for public service.

“Why should we tolerate this? Why don’t we impose a heavy tax, let government take that and use it for public service," he said.

A separate report by dzBB’s Nimfa Ravelo said Enrile will summon telecom firms executives to explain the sudden disappearance of his mobile phone load.

Enrile said he noticed his P387 prepaid load “disappeared" last Monday, prompting him to reload his phone with P600 Tuesday.

But he said that on Tuesday evening, the load went down to P519, without him using his cell phone. On Wednesday morning, he said the load was down to P445.

“Now this is a senator of the republic. I’m sure that many cell phone users are experiencing the same thing. We who understand taxation and accounting, all of this went to the treasury of this service provider. If they were not used by subscribers that is income to these people, a windfall. It goes into the profit margin," he said.

Upon learning from the Bureau of Internal Revenue that there are some 52 million mobile phone subscribers in the country, Enrile said telecom firms can get billions a day using of this scheme.

He computed that if just two million subscribers are targeted to raise funds for a purpose and are milked of P20 a day, it could mean some P44 billion a day.

Enrile said this is aside from the “unlimited" call schemes of telecoms firms that involve deadlines where a load will expire after a certain period.

“From here all the way to the campaign period they can easily raise billions of pesos to support their favorite candidates," he said. - GMANews.TV
    Narinig ko na ito dati e, mabilis ang bawas sa mga load ng mga prepaid kahit di masyadong ginagamit, at di alam kung ano ang kaltas

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    kahit naman sa post paid pwede ka nila dayain. sa bill makikita mo lang naman total SMS sent, so what's stopping them from adding a little para kumita. even sa call kahit na naka lista mga numbers ng tinawagan mo they can just insert 2-3 mins sa isang number na tinawagan mo.

nangyari na yan sa akin dati, way back when cellphones were just becoming popular. i had 200 mins. free under sa plan. nung minsan bigla na lang ako sinipagan bilangin yung free mins sa bill ko. and dun ko nadiscover that only 158 mins was free, at 159 minute, they started charging. so nag complain ako and they said adjustments will reflect daw sa next bill. Come next bill, the adjustments reflected but nung binilang ko ulit free minutes. sa 175 naman sila nag start ulit.

this happened for 3 months, until i got so fed up i faxed them.

PLEASE FIX THE SM*RT COMPUTER, IT'S NOT SO SM*RT ANYMORE!!!!

after that tumama na billing ko and a computer generated letter of apology was sent to me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako naman na charge ng 3,000php plus for usage of internet daw.
    Nag file ako ng complain ayun ni-refund nila, kasi makikita nila sa bill ko around 300php lang ang normal usage ko sa internet.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Wala pa naman akong ganyang ka-grabeng experience from both Globe and Smart..... Hhhmmmm,- mai-check nga....

8000:borg1:

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ako before, nakaltasan ako ng P53 w/o no reason. Tumawag ako sa smart then i asked for a refund then after an hour or two, nandyan na load ko

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi ko napapansin na eh. hehehe. pero ngayon sa postpaid ko ok naman. kaya ayoko bumalik sa prepaid dahil sa issue na yan....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    He computed that if just two million subscribers are targeted to raise funds for a purpose and are milked of P20 a day, it could mean some P44 billion a day.
    sus ... mali naman kwenta nya eh

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    madalas ko maexperience yan sa prepaid. kakaload mo lang biglang check operator. mas frequent sa Globe yun experience ko. yun mga promo message nila eh charged sa iyo pala yun

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Telcos face franchise review -- senators

By Maila Ager
    INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 17:27:00 06/16/2009

MANILA, Philippines – Senators warned telecommunications companies that their franchises could face review due to growing complaints from consumers over “vanishing” pre-paid load, unsolicited multimedia content, and drop calls.
    Officials of telecom companies told the Senate committee on trade and commerce on Tuesday that they received hundreds of reports on “vanishing” loads.
    Smart Communications receives 100 complaints on load balance everyday, said Ramon Isberto, the company’s public affairs head.
    Senator Manuel Roxas, chairman of the trade committee, estimated the number of complaints received by Smart at 35,000 a year.
    Rival Globe Telecom, on the other hand, said it received 238 complaints on “vanishing” loads from 2006 to 2009 – 59 in the first quarter of this year, 77 in 2008, 70 in 2007, and 32 in 2006, said Caridad Gonzalez, the company’s head for corporate and regulatory affairs.

William Pamintuan of Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc., which operates Sun Cellular, reported no cases of “vanishing loads.” He said subscribers complained of network coverage.

Gonzalez explained that the missing loads went to value added services, such as ringing tones subscriptions, like what happened to Senate President Juan Ponce-Enrile.

Enrile earlier complained about the P389 load in his pre-paid line, which he loaded in the morning of May 25 but disappeared in the evening even if he did not use his phone.

Enrile’s complaint prompted the Senate investigation on the telecom carriers.

“Seven ring tones ako? Talaga? [I got seven ring tones? Really?] They are robbing my pocket,” said Enrile.

“How can it be that I’m enrolled [to a ring tone subscription] when I have not signed anything?” he said.

Enrile reported other complaints from consumers including frequent drop calls and delayed messages, weak signal and blind spots resulting in disconnection, unsolicited multimedia, and spam messages, among others.

At one point during the discussion, Roxas and Senator Joker Arroyo warned telecom companies that Congress could amend their franchises to protect consumers.

“At the rate your fighting the government, you are provoking so the chairman of the public services now is nanggigigil na eh [very angry]… We want to amend your franchise because what could we do? You handcuffed the NTC [National Telecommunication Commission),” Arroyo said, referring to Senator Ramon Revilla Jr., chairman of the committee on public services .

Roxas said: “What you really don’t want is Congress writing your operations manual. Because if you’re not responsive to the needs of the public we will come in and write your operations manual.”
    Unsatisfied by the explanation of telecom officials, Revilla said he would spearhead a review of their franchises “if they do not shape up.”

“One thing is for sure, the telcos may have unlimited power right now but they are not untouchable,” he said in a statement after the hearing.

“I would like to remind them that since a franchise is merely a privilege granted by the government through Congress, it would be tantamount to a gross violation of their franchise if such claims be proven true. May this be a message sent clearly to them,” he added.

Ernile said Congress could step into the issue by enacting legislation that would strengthen the power of the NTC in order to protect the public.
    Kumuha daw ng 7 ringtones si Sen. Enrile kaya nabawas ang load niya

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Smart ang maraming hidden load deductions sa experience ko malaki na ulo nila ngayon. Isipin mo ba naman na yong mga nagpakahirap na magpakalat ng smartload nila noon eh tinanggal na nila at decline nila na they exist tapos hand over ng smart sa mga bigtime dealers na lang. Pag metro manila lang Sun na lang gamit ko then pag probinsya bhaye ko na walang signal ang Sun cell, saka ko gamit globe or smart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mysterious phone load deductions