New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Just want to share to you guys what happened to my strada on May 9, 2008, Friday around 10pm (while our event was on-going). This was at the open parking lot of Mandaluyong City Hall. I have reported this to the police already. Apparently, there were no security personnel in-charge in that parking lot. Sad. But fortunately, wala naman nawala and walang nasaktan. Pero wala rin nahuling salarin. I guess when the alarm sounded off, it drove him away. I have medium tint installed but i think somehow that thief must have seen my base VHF radio installed inside that i use for our events. Meron din kasi ako magnet-mount for my external antenna so i guess that gave him an idea. Ingat-ingat lang mga kapatid. Maraming nabibighani sa kapogian ng strada natin. God bless!

PS: Mods, palipat nalang po ng thread na ito if you find it inappropriate. Thanks so much!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    By the way, thanks to ThePatriarch and ianmitsulancer for helping me get sources of the front window belt line. Pero out of stock sa planta pati sa eldorado and mitsuprime. If any of you guys know someone who can help me find this part, kindly PM me po. The part description is: Moulding, Front door window belt line (left, driver side). Part number MN117611.

Kahit galing Thailand! papaship ko nalang dito. Delikado kasi tampered na yung belt line ko. Baka hindi lang ganito mangyari next time. Any info or suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thank you very much!!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir buti yan lang? dapat po may steering wheel lock kayo and dapat yung matinong brand and immobilizer ..

sir how much mo base vhf radio ngayon??

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    sorry to hear that bro. anong parking lot yan sa mandaluyong? at least wala nakuha and somehow your alarm cause them to just flee from the scene.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    By the way, thanks to ThePatriarch and ianmitsulancer for helping me get sources of the front window belt line. Pero out of stock sa planta pati sa eldorado and mitsuprime. If any of you guys know someone who can help me find this part, kindly PM me po. The part description is: Moulding, Front door window belt line (left, driver side). Part number MN117611.
    your most welcome bro... akala ko the part was available at mitsuprime because the baguio branch sounded sure of it. but i'll see what i can do pa rin... still checking with motorplaza if they have the part sa inventory. yup- grabe yung dent sa belt line. this makes me recall an incident that happened sa UST area na mas grabe pa- someone smashed my cousin's side windshield (Ford Escape) while he was photocopying some documents- kasi andun yung laptop sa loob... tsktsktsk... although it was a failed attempt but the damage was done!
    Last edited by ianmitsulancer; May 13th, 2008 at 10:16 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    so sorry to hear about this, bro. May araw din yung *#&!% na yun!

It's good to hear that no one got hurt in the incident.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Oi, sorry to hear that sir paul. :sad:

Mods,

Move natin to sa Goon Squad.
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    kakarmahin din yang mga lintik na yan.. Diyos na bahala sa kanila. atleast walang nasaktan at walang nakuha.. diba insurance naman ang bahala diyan?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Bad trip talaga yang nangyari sa yo, sir pauland.

Mukhang gumanit ng crowbar leaving a big dent sa door panel. Laking tulong talaga ng alarm system. Di kaya nila naisip yun and still proceeded with their ill motive? Buti na lang thwarted ang attempt nila, pero nakakalungkot, they left a sizeable damage to your strada.

I understand your predicament. Pagawa mo na agad, sir pauland, para ma-minimize yung trauma sa yo.

Pasalamat ka pa rin walang nanakaw sa yo.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    isn't the police station just near that place? like walking distance?

and alam ko dami police diyan...

form the looks of it the attempt was to steal your car not whats inside

if they intend to get the inside sana binasag na lang nila with the looks

of it a crowbar tool.. to pry open the doors mukhang amateurs...

sorry for your inconvenience sana maayos agad..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
my strada incident: Bukas Kotse Thwarted