New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    well my side mirrors are glued for at least 5 years now.. di ko na din maalala kung kelan ko pa nilagay.. wahehe ok pa naman ang side mirrors ko..

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    guys tanong ko lng sana kung ano un etched?? does dat mean na naka etch un fon number or name dun s side mirror??

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver
    guys, nanakawan na ako dati.

sad but I had to resort to the banawe boys. in short, I had to buy a most- likely-stolen replacement. baka binili ko rin yung mirror ko.
    hmmmm. dapat kaya bumili tayo ng new side mirrors or pumatol sa
    walang katapusang cycle na ito?
    i agree bro... if there's no one who will buy hot/stolen goods then definitely mababawasan (or mahihinto) ang incidence ng nakaw side mirror dahil hindi na magiging profitable for them to do it pa. actually dapat pati mga car accesory stores should stop buying hot items too.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboytuna
    guys tanong ko lng sana kung ano un etched?? does dat mean na naka etch un fon number or name dun s side mirror??
    you can have your side mirrors etched with your plate number (w/c is what's commonly being done i think), but i guess there's no stopping anyone from having other words etched like your name, address, or the words 'this is the side mirror of (your plate no.)' hehehe.....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by amboy
    you can have your side mirrors etched with your plate number (w/c is what's commonly being done i think), but i guess there's no stopping anyone from having other words etched like your name, address, or the words 'this is the side mirror of (your plate no.)' hehehe.....
    ah un pala un. :D tnx for the info.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    some etch it with their respective groups..sometimes logo..basically anything you want as long as you have the image to be etched

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    etch mo phone # niyo para tatawagan ka nalang ng magnanakaw para tubusin ang side mirror mo hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    quiksie,
    not a bad idea......

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Etching your plate number or cel number is not a bad idea. However, I'm just curious: what are the chances of us seeing our stolen side mirrors when it could be anywhere in the Philippines? Better yet, with the thousands of vehicles driving along the Metro roads, what are the chances of us finding our stolen side mirrors? In addition, what would be the chances of somebody calling us and say "Hey guy. I saw your number on a side mirror of a car. Is that yours?". Probably pretty remote.

IMHO, there's really no fool-proof way to protect side mirrors. Any determined thief would find a way to remove it, no matter what protection we provide.

In Cambodia, theft of side mirrors are rampant. So, side mirrors of almost all vehicles that you find in Camodia are protected with grilles. Yep, you read right: grillers, similar to the ones you find on your windows, only they use thin steel bars. At the bottom of each assembly, you'd find a lock. Know what? Even if there's this kind of protection, side mirrors are still being stolen.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    -nicolodeon-

etching naman is supposed to be a 'deterrent' and as such it does not assure anyone that it won't get stolen na. i think the idea behind etching is that when a buyer sees a mirror etched with someone else's plate number, chances are, he won't buy it na since obviously, nakaw yon (unless ok lang sa buyer for everyone to see na he has a 'stolen' side mirror attached to his car). hopefully this will also deter a potential thief from stealing an etched side mirror dahil he knows he 'might' not be able to sell the side mirror na, so there's no point in stealing something he can't make money out of anymore. but ofcourse, it's a different story kung pinag tripan lang your side mirror.
    Last edited by amboy; May 24th, 2005 at 03:14 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
my side mirror got stolen!