New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Just venting... this is my first accident here.

Had to brake hard as the lane I was in stopped suddenly. I stopped maybe an inch away from the next car. And I almost sensed that the person behind me will not make it. (I felt the ABS kick in, which is rare.)

True enough nabangga ako. Her damage was visibly much worse, I suppose her 99 MB C230 went under my bumper momentarily. I think tinamaan ko rin very slightly yung nasa harap ko kaso umabante na siya.

It was so cold out, dagdag pa yung kaba. We waited for a cop. Both of us, first timers, didn't know what to do. While waiting for the cop we exchanged insurance and license information. Finally tinabi na namin yung mga kotse.

Nakaka-takbo pa naman yung kotse ko, yung sa kanya mukhang nag leak na ng tubig. I'm assessing my damage as rear bumper plus disaligned / damaged muffler, obvious from the sound, and I'm hoping yun lang. Meron pa ba akong dapat i-check? Naka preno ako ng matigas nung tumama, is there possible damage on the brakes?

My insurance co also tells me I can try claiming through the other party, who seems to be responsible based on my account of how it happened. Otherwise, I can claim through them, but I have to pay the participation first, then they will claim from the other person's insurance, which may take months.

Haay... ngayon medyo masakit likod ko pero mukhang na banat lang. Di naman ako tumama sa steering wheel and wala namang marks ng seatbelt so mukhang mawawala rin.

Sorry mahaba salamat sa pag-basa... Dami nating masama ang pasok ng taon.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    buti naman cliff at walang nangyari sa yo. ingat lang dyan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i actually had no idea that you lived in the US. kala ko sa pinas ka.

did the police make a report? that would be very useful when dealing with the insurance companies. the best way for you is to have the other party claim it through their insurance (to avoid the participation fee). kung may police report ka clearly stating it's their fault, and you have their insurance information, that should be pretty ironclad.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    sana wala ka pang ibang injury
    ganon din sa ride mo wala na sana ibang damage pa

ingat ingat na lang mga kapwa natin driver

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sorry about your situation. this sounds like ours last november. wife driving the car, got hit on the back during stop and go on the freeway. at first the other party was willing to deal with us since things look minor, then communication stopped.

our insurance comp recommended us to try and file a claim directly to the other party's insurance. after one call, they sent an adjuster to inspect and estimate, sent us paperwork to fill in, and a few days ago just sent us a check even before we mailed any document to them! i was told big companies (21st in their case) are easier to work with.

they are right about filing it on your insurance. you have to pay upfront, and no guarantee that they will be able to recover it. this happened to us long time ago.

just be ready with all the info when you contact their insurance. in my case, i had my wife write down all the details of the incident. make sure you mention that you are having some body pains so it will be on record right away. a visit to the doctor may be ideal here, just to be sure you are ok. if you feel your brakes are affected, mention it to their insurance too.

because our experience is similar, i think you should be able to recover all costs from their insurance.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    at importante rin na nakuha mo yung name ng officer at kung anong county sya,para pag nerequire ka ng police report,puede ka lang tumawag to get one,.at puede mo rin eclaim yung sakit sa likod,and tma sila na huwag mong gamitin ang insurance mo,makipag usap ka dun sa nakabangga sa iyo na ipaayos nya yung kotse mo,responsibilidad nila yun,kasi kung gamitin mo yung insurance mo,sigurado after renewal tataas yung premium mo,ano ba insurance mo?liability or comprehensive?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    kuya cliff, buti safe kayo.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You said mukhang nabanat likod mo. Have your back checked immediately. It may not seem big now but it may escalate in a few years, especially kung na-whiplash ka.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    sorry to hear about the accident. i wish you a speedy recovery. go with M54's advice.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    It's good you're OK and you've insurance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
My First Accident in the US