New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sa bowtie b yan bossing?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    sa iyo yung engines bakit hindi? i'm not sure if the legal principle "no one shall unjustly enrich himself at the expense of another" is applicable...consult a lawyer.

i think there will be no problem as long as you can prove what you claim.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    you think the engines are still OK? maybe the reason they can't or don't want to return them is that they are no longer engines.. baka nakahoy na, or disassembled in pieces..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WHOA

Grrr.. uminit ulo ko a. Has the world become suck a f*cked-up place that people no longer honor their word?! :furious:

If I were tony soprano, i'd go to their homes and teach them a lesson about keeping their word. :nolurk:
    But since im not, send them a strongly worded letter from your lawyer. Then if they ignore it, sue their pants off!

Hope this works out for you dude.
    Last edited by Chip; August 29th, 2006 at 01:14 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hard part here is kahit I have the papers, they have the capability to shave off diba...sa akin will check legal parameters with my lawyers as you suggest since this is a first for me...

also I can PM those who request the names as I think someone already here has an inkling who the parties are...problem is that they may also be on this site since there is a certain amount of anonimity in cyberspace. Someone just made a post that suggests knowledge of the subject and the perps. Could it be them or someone they know? Am not so much concerned about what they did to me at this stage since it is an uphill battle...am more concerned for others.

The hobby apparently has lots of bad elements. My tito had a 49 pontiac convertible he was having repaired by a certain Cocoy Aguiluz (of the AMA family) and then it disappeared daw. For 9 years or so...Last year i stumble upon the car as the guy didnt know we were related and tried to sell it to me without papers. He said maaayos niya sa LTO. I on the otherhand knew it was my tito s kaya na report ko. However, no legal action ensued. Sometimes here others will just let things slide kaya crooks get away. Not my choice but my tito. - this alone may already identify me to the people in question as this is a known story...

Well, what is to lose diba?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oo nga. Sometimes legal is the only recourse.

And it's alarming how easy it is to "fix" those LTO papers. I know this firsthand from when we were trying to sort out the registration of a pickup I just bought for work. Even without a legal deed of sale between the first owner and the guy I bought it from (at least I know it was a legal sale, we checked the TMG records), I managed to acquire all the original papers.

As for shaving engine numbers... that's a tough one, if they do that and falsify importation records, it's hard to prove that the new number isn't legitimate, as it's probably a very time consuming process getting those records from the manufacturer in the US...

Good luck getting those blocks back... ...and if you can't, there's a lot of hitmen for hire in Cavite...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Oo nga. Sometimes legal is the only recourse.

And it's alarming how easy it is to "fix" those LTO papers. I know this firsthand from when we were trying to sort out the registration of a pickup I just bought for work. Even without a legal deed of sale between the first owner and the guy I bought it from (at least I know it was a legal sale, we checked the TMG records), I managed to acquire all the original papers.

As for shaving engine numbers... that's a tough one, if they do that and falsify importation records, it's hard to prove that the new number isn't legitimate, as it's probably a very time consuming process getting those records from the manufacturer in the US...

Good luck getting those blocks back... ...and if you can't, there's a lot of hitmen for hire in Cavite...
    Yup there is a thriving industry at the LTO (among other agencies of course cant single em out)

Some kasi will lose a block whether to katay or blown and replace with a "doctored" one and copy the number of the existing number on LTO papers...Sad to say that is the case for restoration and old cars...I have even heard a guy proudly claim to change VINs. There is this guy who sells Gas saver devices near tandang sora who actually just did that so he could sell a "doctored" 65 mustang convertible (he is noted for conversions which h doesnt tell buyers and suddenly they have a fake convertible) since they sell close to a million compared to a coupe which you can get in the 200k range.

There is also a guy who sells LTO papers for old cars so one could convert a basic mustang fastback into a "Shelby" and fool a hapless buyer.

Its hard to mention other things here since this is not secure...I can always PM though.

maybe we need to hire a lot of hit men for that? kaya ba pakyaw?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kung hitman kailangan mo may kilala ako sa mandaluyong, dating hitman ni atong ang. PM me na lang kung gusto mo ipa-off ang mga former kumapre's mo

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    :lol: That's too much... but broken legs will be nice. Killing them won't get the engines back, but a good scare might straighten them out.

Again, good luck on recovering those engines, bro. If we ever get around to restoring my uncle's Chevys, I'll PM for those names.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ano na nangyari sir?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
My engines have been stolen. Suggestions for recovery