New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    to TS: as much as i want to agree on you regarding 100kph being slow, you have to follow their rules.
    Same here... As much as I think the 100kph speed limit is too slow, if you are caught, just pay up. If you want to get away with speeding on the expressways, be prepared with the proper "tools".

Example: police speed-radar and speed-laser detectors. Or laser jammers (for those areas which use laser speed guns).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    buy radar / speed guns detector?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GH, that's all you gonna say about it!? you're disappointment to the TS...

special mention ka pa naman...

P.S.
    With that said, I really wanna hear what sir ghosthunter has to say as well as his insights and opinions on this subject matter

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I guess mahirap talaga maintindihan ang salitang MAX.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Indeed.

Too short.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Pardon for my ignorance, but aren't the license plates considered government property?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Frankly, I have nothing worthwhile to add on the subject matter. The expressway cops are legally deputized by the LTO to enforce the speed limit law. As much as I do not agree with the low speed limits imposed, it is the current rules. Of course I can get around those "rules" by not getting caught in the 1st place, hence my "investments" into speed-gun detector and jammer technology.

As for the 114kph speed... that can be easily argued by saying to the LTO that you have aftermarket wheels/tires and your speedo showed that you were at 100kph. I would think if the TS would use this argument as defense, he has a chance of getting away with only warning.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I know GH, no matter how hard we looked at it, skyway was right and TS was wrong...

but then again I feel sorry for TS...special mentioned ka eh!!!

a little consolation from you..please? flying kiss na lang para kay TS...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    so for speeding, not only will they issue a ticket, they'll give you a choice to relinquish either your license or front plate? that seems unnecessary and immensely inconvenient!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^that's the whole point, so violators will learn their lesson...kung nahuli ka naman doon sa kabilang segment, Alabang to Calamba part sa Batangas naman yata ang redeem ng license.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
My dad got caught sa Skyway (April 5, 2012) - 114 km/h - license plate confiscated