New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005

MANILA, Philippines – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) has advised motorists to be vigilant when driving along the C5 road.

MMDA said they have received a number of complaints from motorists who got flat tires due to spikes on the road.

Authorities have investigated Kalayaan corner C5 and discovered the spikes.

The spikes were made from umbrella wires that are mounted on rubber and are thrown on the road to catch passing vehicles.

The MMDA said either nearby vulcanizing shops are behind the practice or a group of criminals the agency calls “Spiderman.”

MMDA has asked the assistance of police to monitor the area and requested for more lights to be installed at C5 Kalayaan.

One motorist, Risa Torres, said she was driving home to Pateros Tuesday night when her car got a flat tire upon reaching the elevated U-turn at C5.

“Medyo na-feel ko kasi parang gumagasgas na siya. Hindi matao ‘yung lugar kaya ni-running flat ko siya hanggang sa malapit na gasoline station,” said Torres.

Torres brought her vehicle to a vulcanizing shop and discovered that her tire had been punctured by the wire of an umbrella.

According to shop personnel, Torres was the 7th customer to complain of the same problem.

The umbrella wire, they said, causes tires to immediately deflate.

“Parang may kanal siya, dadaluyan ng hangin. Dadapa po agad ang gulong,” said Johnny Arca, one of the shop’s workers. -- Report from Maan Macapagal, ABS-CBN News
    Looks like the work of the vulcanizing shops. At least that's my guess.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    seems likely. naganyan ako sa cavite governors drive dati. yung nearby vulcanizing shop insisted gawin na nya. buti na lang isang gulong lang, i change a flat tire used my spare tapos sa Q.C na ako nagpa vulcanize.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last night and daming nakasabog na kahoy sa C5. Pero medyo magkakalayo. I think may spikes mga yun.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Dati na yang ganyan sa C-5 Kalayaan.
    Pinaalis yung mga vulcanizing dyan pero mukhang nagsibalikan na naman.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Dating MO na yan. Dapat sunoging yang mga vulcanizing shops dyan, pakana nila yan.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    mga ugaling skwakwa, di na baleng maaksidente at maperwisyo ang mga motorista basta kumita, kaya mga walang asenso, hangang dyan nalang yang mga indio na yan

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    dumaan pa naman ako diyan kanina. buti walang nangyaring masama.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala bang CCTV sa area na yan to monitor who the F are placing the spikes?

This MO is a rehash from many years ago na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diba magaling manhuli mga yellow boys ng makati diyan? Ano ginagawa nila

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Off limits yung yellow boys sa C5-Kalayaan. MMDA territory as marked by BF's U-turn flyover. :D

Dapat isaksak sa leeg nung vulcanizing boys yung bakal ng payong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast