New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    bus drivers are taking advantage of the weather ... maraming MMDA are either sick or on sick leave umiiral ang sakit na katamaran

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Isang lane na lang sila lahat since pare-pareho din naman route. No overtaking. So kung may umepal sa loading bay bugbog sarado sya sa mga naghihintay sa likod Kung masiraan bugbog pa din
    Tama ito. Kahit ano gawin, dapat bugbogin nila mga kapwa puv driver nila.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    balik uli sa dati tsk, tsk... hintayin nalang natin may mamatay uli hihigpitan uli yan

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Nakakapikon talaga mga buses na yan....

Southbound ako and it was already 11pm last sunday, so i thought pede na akong mag EDSA. i always use C5 dahil walang mga bus pero dahil late na, naisip ko pede na mag EDSA. Pagbaba pa lang ng EDSA/quezon ave flyover ang trapik na...... yun pala sa Santolan na naman nagkukumpulan ang mga bus na nasa labas ng yellow lane. ang masama pa nito, halos lahat ng mga bus, konti ang sakay....

inabot ako ng 40 min from quezon ave to santolan dahil lang sa mga walang bus drivers na ito....this was a sunday at 11pm

bakit kasi ang daming mga bus na binigyan ng franchise eh.... yung iba pa, mga colorum

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    mga ganitong oras rin ako napapad pad sa edsa on a sunday. nasstuck ako sa may paliko ng shaw, sa may starmall. kastress!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Up until they can discipline those bus drivers to keep to their bus lane, I'm in agreement with BF (or was it the guy previous to Chairman Tolentino, after BF) who put lane dividers and fences on certain parts of Edsa. It worked wonders in Guadalupe both directions, IMO, because buses could not cut into private motorists's lanes. Lock them down there. Just open up a gap if there are corners that private vehicles need to turn into, but make sure the gap is not big enough for the buses to fit.

When the MMDA or enforcing body can strictly implement the rules on these buses, slowly take away these dividers. As part of implementing rules, increase the penalty for violations. Make it high enough that these b*stards cannot just scoff at it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^It was BF who put up the fences.

The problem with BF's infra work was it paid no attention to safety. He placed fences with island barriers, and concrete barriers which were painted pink and were poorly visible. This is where the Tolentino MMDA is better at as i noticed they have more reflectors, use standard road colors, and have safer barrier designs with warning dividers before the actual concrete barriers.

And yes, i really hate it when i take EDSA during an "alanganin" time, not expecting any traffic, only to get caught in a really bad jam which are caused by these unpoliced buses.

Happy days nanaman yung mga buses on EDSA.
    Last edited by vinj; August 2nd, 2012 at 09:51 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The problem with BF's infra work was it paid no attention to safety. He placed fences with island barriers, and concrete barriers which were painted pink and were poorly visible. This is where the Tolentino MMDA is better at as i noticed they have more reflectors, use standard road colors, and have safer barrier designs with warning dividers before the actual concrete barriers.
    That is true, Bro. But that should go without saying. They need to make it safe especially at night.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    how about GPS tracking device? tapos issue tickets for violating bus drivers ... kung hindi pa sila magtanda at matuto sa laki ng babayaran nila, talagang wala ng pag-asa

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    how about GPS tracking device? tapos issue tickets for violating bus drivers ... kung hindi pa sila magtanda at matuto sa laki ng babayaran nila, talagang wala ng pag-asa
    First offense,- tig-sa-sampung latigo ang bus driver, bus conductor, at bus owner....
    Second offense....

Ewan ko na lang kung hindi tumino ang mga damuhong iyan...

Puwedeng volunteers sa paglalatigo ang mga Tsikoteers.... :hysterical:

16.5K:weathermanf3:

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
A Month in - EDSA Bus Segregation, no longer enforced?