New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I've been noticing that almost a month after the MMDA started to strictly enforce the buses-on-the-yellow-lane rule along EDSA, the enforcement is getting lax again.

Buses are now poking into the 3rd lane once again (OFTEN HAPHAZARDLY, as usual) and occasionally take up half of the 4th lane at speed when avoiding other buses.

Also noticed that when the traffic starts to crawl on the bus lanes, some [NON PROVINCIAL] buses start going up the flyovers/into tunnels yet again.

Plying along EDSA along the first week, I was eerily reminded of Hong Kong highways, where cars taking a certain route would only crowd (and in a very organized line) certain parts of the highway, leaving the others clear for other motorists to use.

Somehow, I wanted to hope these would work. Oh well.

Malakas lang ata talaga yung mga bus companies sa gobyerno naten.

Anyone seem to notice this too?
    Last edited by mda; July 30th, 2012 at 05:57 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sa umpisa lang kasi ang mmda.
    ningas kugon. . . .

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Malakas lang ata talaga yung mga bus companies sa gobyerno naten.
    they got friends in high places

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mas gusto ko pa nga pag ginagamit nila yung flyover. Less chaotic ang EDSA. Di tulad ngayon, lalo na sa may Santolan area... sobra trapik dahil sa implementation na yan.

And although I don't use the buses along EDSA since I always use my car, naawa ako sa mga pasahero ng mga bus. Imagine how long will it take before they reach their office.

Hindi naman kasi yan ang problema eh -- use of yellow lane -- main problem diyan yung number of buses that ply along EDSA, sobrang dami. And yung ugali ng mga driver. Tignan niyo, bawasan niyo mga bus tapos yung pag-bigay ng license ay mas higpitan.. mas "matured" EDSA ang makikita natin.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Mas gusto ko pa nga pag ginagamit nila yung flyover. Less chaotic ang EDSA. Di tulad ngayon, lalo na sa may Santolan area... sobra trapik dahil sa implementation na yan.

And although I don't use the buses along EDSA since I always use my car, naawa ako sa mga pasahero ng mga bus. Imagine how long will it take before they reach their office.

Hindi naman kasi yan ang problema eh -- use of yellow lane -- main problem diyan yung number of buses that ply along EDSA, sobrang dami. And yung ugali ng mga driver. Tignan niyo, bawasan niyo mga bus tapos yung pag-bigay ng license ay mas higpitan.. mas "matured" EDSA ang makikita natin.
    Yeah, if there's one thing cramming them onto the yellow lane has shown, it's the blatant excessive number of buses that we have on EDSA today.

And yes, na high blood na ako sa Santolan - EDSA area. It's a choke point for a lot of people coming from Q.C. and Marikina.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    yep ... especially in areas na walang MMDA

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Ningas kugon. What's new.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    one more sa mga ugali ng mga notorious na bus driver sa EDSA, binubully nila yung mga traffic enforcer lakas ng loob nila gawin yan. Mahuli man sila bibigay nila "talahib" na lisensya.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Have you tried tweeting them or posting pics/vids on their FB page? The MMDA has people working the social media beat. For all its worth at least you have something to do while waiting for them buses to move

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    AFAIK pwede na sila gumamit ng Santolan Flyover.

I agree with the post that said that this has shown that there are too many buses on EDSA.

Hopefully the MMDA and LTO and the LTRFB collaborate to make things happen. When the Buses and private vehicles stay in their respective lanes, MODERATE VOLUME, MODERATE SPEED TRAFFIC CAN HAPPEN.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Have you tried tweeting them or posting pics/vids on their FB page? The MMDA has people working the social media beat. For all its worth at least you have something to do while waiting for them buses to move
    Unfortunately, my phone cam is far from up to date and will probably only catch a blurry side of a bus as it tries to create accidents - I mean, change lanes along EDSA.
    Last edited by mda; July 30th, 2012 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
A Month in - EDSA Bus Segregation, no longer enforced?