• It was a scam

2 25.00%
  • Honest mistake

4 50.00%
  • Neither. The driver was at fault.

2 25.00%
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I sent my driver to buy me something at the 7-11 of the Sagittarius bldg on Dela Costa Makati with 100 pesos. He then came back and it appeared as if they shortchanged him and insisted he gave 50 pesos. He got confused he said at the counter and was unsure so he thought he had be given proper change. My driver is generally trustworthy and it could be said he was skimming me but he never has and has even been trusted with larger amounts. Was 7-11 trying to get away with a skimming scam? Anyway for what it is worth I am sticking to the ministop across and will stay away from that 7-11.

For whatever it is worth I asked the others in the building and they had a feeling the place was dodgy.
    Last edited by gearhead; July 19th, 2010 at 06:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Buy something again from that 7-11 and see if it happens again.

It's hard to call whether it's a modus or innocent mistake, or even 'skimming' by the driver - who knows.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yes. And this time, you buy the stuffs yourself....

10.4K:shazam:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Yes. And this time, you buy the stuffs yourself....

10.4K:shazam:
    Hahaha. Am sending him now to pay my celphone bill so we shall see if it is him. By the way, I did find out from others in the area that some of the convenience stores here in the business district have done that. One woman actually gave a 1000 peso bill and received change for a 100 but she was too timid to complain. Guess that was her loss. Another did complain but they did not give him a receipt so it was useless he said.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Hahaha. Am sending him now to pay my celphone bill so we shall see if it is him. By the way, I did find out from others in the area that some of the convenience stores here in the business district have done that. One woman actually gave a 1000 peso bill and received change for a 100 but she was too timid to complain. Guess that was her loss. Another did complain but they did not give him a receipt so it was useless he said.
    I just drop by today to this 7-11 branch. Since I've read some of the complaint, I just simply remind the the casher that my money is 1k before she put it in the cash register. In short, I get the exact change...It's better to be aware always than ignored later...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Simple solution to a simple problem: Count your change upon receipt.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    well baka naman modus operandi lang yan ng cashier nung time na yun at hindi 7-11. pangit naman pakinggan na modus ng 7-11. galing ako sa pagiging part-time sales associate sa 7-11 at malabong mangyari yang scam na yan dahil hindi ikayayaman ng 7-11 yan. To be sure always ask for receipt at bilangin ang sukli.

My vote: Neither. The driver was at fault.
    kasi siya yung bumili at hindi binilang yung sukli. kung scam man or nagkamali yung cashier, kung nagbilang muna siya at humingi ng resibo at laging aware, wala sana itong topic na ito. :D
    Last edited by jerjer&qtqt; July 20th, 2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: add info

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Simple solution to a simple problem: Count your change upon receipt.
    x2! at huwag aanga-anga! more often than not, we are the one's who are always at fault. tapos maghihinala.

Modus Operandi of 7-11 or innocent mistake?