New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    From an email scattering around... I just thought of sharing.

Colleagues,

Let me share with you a personal experience.

Yesterday around 2-3pm, while my cousin was withdrawing cash from an ATM, her daughter was abducted. According to my cousin, my niece was just right behind her. Then a guy put his arm on her shoulder (things couple do) and told her to withdraw all her money if she doesn't want anything to happen to my niece. She looked around and my niece is nowhere to be found. The guy holds no weapon. She used my niece as his leverage.

The perpetrator checked my cousin's bag and found her passbook and asked her to withdraw the money over the counter. Luckily, he did not check her pockets where she kept her cellphone. Once inside the bank, knowing that he is watching her from the outside, she secretly sent a text message to her in-laws who passed along to us the message/situation.

Her account has 100,000+. She withdrew 50K thinking she can outsmart the guy again. The thing is, the guy already know how much she has in the bank. He pulled her hair asking for the rest of the money, otherwise she will never see her daughter again. This time, she gave all her money asking him not to harm the kid.

Once the guy had her money, he took her for a taxi ride around QC. They stopped on SM North, went to the foodcourt and told her my niece was there. Smart enough, my cousin didn't let go of the guy until she saw my niece. True to his word, my niece was there waiting for her mother, unharmed. They stayed there until I came.

Guys, Christmas is approaching. Some people are taking advantage of the holidays knowing we have money to spend on gifts and groceries. Here are some tips I can share with you:

1. Never talk about money on public places.

2. Unless it's really necessary, don't tag along kids when going to malls or supermarkets specially this time when they are really crowded.

3. My cousin was smart enough to secretly send SOS. But not smart enough thinking she can get lucky twice by giving half her money. Guys, some people are desperate for a hit, they will kill for a crappy cellphone.

4. When using ATMs, use the ones where security personnel are on sight/site. Also, avoid withdrawing money on pay days (15th or 30th).

5. Look around you before withdrawing money. Be vigilant. If there is someone suspicious, better use other ATMs.

================================================== =

Ingat guys maraming masasamang loob malapit na ang PASKO,

mas NAKAKATAKOT dahil MALAPIT NA ANG ELEKSYON!

alam nyo naman

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kung totoo yan. Bait naman nung magnanakaw. He didn't harm the girl's niece, may conscience din pala.

Anyways, true or not marami pa rin may masasamang loob dito sa pinas. Ingat na lang and always be prepared. ;)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    From an email scattering around... I just thought of sharing.

Colleagues,

Let me share with you a personal experience.

Yesterday around 2-3pm, while my cousin was withdrawing cash from an ATM, her daughter was abducted. According to my cousin, my niece was just right behind her. Then a guy put his arm on her shoulder (things couple do) and told her to withdraw all her money if she doesn't want anything to happen to my niece. She looked around and my niece is nowhere to be found. The guy holds no weapon. She used my niece as his leverage.

The perpetrator checked my cousin's bag and found her passbook and asked her to withdraw the money over the counter. Luckily, he did not check her pockets where she kept her cellphone. Once inside the bank, knowing that he is watching her from the outside, she secretly sent a text message to her in-laws who passed along to us the message/situation.

Her account has 100,000+. She withdrew 50K thinking she can outsmart the guy again. The thing is, the guy already know how much she has in the bank. He pulled her hair asking for the rest of the money, otherwise she will never see her daughter again. This time, she gave all her money asking him not to harm the kid.

Once the guy had her money, he took her for a taxi ride around QC. They stopped on SM North, went to the foodcourt and told her my niece was there. Smart enough, my cousin didn't let go of the guy until she saw my niece. True to his word, my niece was there waiting for her mother, unharmed. They stayed there until I came.

Guys, Christmas is approaching. Some people are taking advantage of the holidays knowing we have money to spend on gifts and groceries. Here are some tips I can share with you:

1. Never talk about money on public places.

2. Unless it's really necessary, don't tag along kids when going to malls or supermarkets specially this time when they are really crowded.

3. My cousin was smart enough to secretly send SOS. But not smart enough thinking she can get lucky twice by giving half her money. Guys, some people are desperate for a hit, they will kill for a crappy cellphone.

4. When using ATMs, use the ones where security personnel are on sight/site. Also, avoid withdrawing money on pay days (15th or 30th).

5. Look around you before withdrawing money. Be vigilant. If there is someone suspicious, better use other ATMs.

================================================== =

Ingat guys maraming masasamang loob malapit na ang PASKO,

mas NAKAKATAKOT dahil MALAPIT NA ANG ELEKSYON!

alam nyo naman

Lot of thanks for the info. I'll desiminate that occurence to all my friends and relatives

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    mag transfer lang ng minimum amount sa ATM account para kung may mangyari na ganyan hindi masakit....

learned this sa friend ng mother ko na nahold-up at pinilit magwidraw sa ATM

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    never-ever bring your passbook or excessive amounts of money kapag mamamasyal...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    mag transfer lang ng minimum amount sa ATM account para kung may mangyari na ganyan hindi masakit....

learned this sa friend ng mother ko na nahold-up at pinilit magwidraw sa ATM
    meron limit per day ang pag withdraw sa ATM, P20k/day lang.

and I'm not really sure kung maniniwala ako sa mga chain emails..although magandang warning but common sense lang talaga ang kailangan sa ganitong panahon.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    meron limit per day ang pag withdraw sa ATM, P20k/day lang.

and I'm not really sure kung maniniwala ako sa mga chain emails..although magandang warning but common sense lang talaga ang kailangan sa ganitong panahon.

sir ang BDO 50k/day, metrobank parang 30k/day... saka yung BPI ng mga employees puwede yata lahat kunin...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    never-ever bring your passbook or excessive amounts of money kapag mamamasyal...

OT: ...and never ever din bring your creditcard pag kasama si kumander sakto lang dapat pang gas saka pang kain dahil sila ang tunay na holdaper!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGF View Post
    sir ang BDO 50k/day, metrobank parang 30k/day... saka yung BPI ng mga employees puwede yata lahat kunin...
    if you have requested to increase your allowable withdrawal limit for a day. but ang normal is P20k/day

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    [quote=shadow;1376185]if you have requested to increase your allowable withdrawal limit for a day. but ang normal is P20k/day[/quot

ganon ba... hindi ko alam hehe wala naman kasi sinabi sakin yung tiga BDO, tinanong ko lang kagkano max per day and nasubukan ko na...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Modus Operandi