New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Not sure if this belongs here, admin kindly move if necessary.

I was scanning sulit and saw several cars mostly SUVs selling brand new at heavily discounted prices, for example:

Trailblazer 4x2 AT P1.116M
    Fortuner V AT P1.192M
    Montero GLS-V 4x2 AT P1.174M

So I inquired as I'm looking to buy one end of the year. So their story goes like this:

25% discount is good this Dec only. It has to be cash basis only.
    Buyer chooses the car model, and pays cash to the advertiser the said amount. Their office is in Visayas Ave daw.
    The car dealer will release the car, which is registered to one of the employees of the dealer. Car is part of employee benefit hence they get employee price. Buyer gets a Deed of Sale. So technically, it's 2nd hand, but fresh from the dealer or plant.

Here's the catch:

They will only release the Deed of Sale after a few days pa since they have to notarize it first. They would not allow you to bring it same day and have it notarized yourself.
    Buyer cannot transfer the ownership from employee to buyer until after 18months.
    So essentially, advertiser gets your full payment, you get the car same day, but papers are to follow pa.

What's your view on this? Anyone have experienced this? So what do you think???

Genuine seller taking advantage of employee benefit loophole? Or another modus trying to steal cash from innocent buyers looking for a great deal.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Too good to be true

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Just concluded my pms sa casa 2 days ago and had asked about any year-end discount for trailblazer. The answer i got is a big nada!
    So, this must be too good to be true!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Parang pinapalabas nila na sila talqgq ung bibili ng sqsakyan as dummy mo. Ibig sabhin non wala knowledge ng dealer sa trqnsaction. At sqkqnila nakqpqngqlan, kung anu man mangyari wala kang hqbol at sqkit lng ng ulo yan pag inangkin ng agent ang sasqkyan na ikaw ang nagbayad. If pursigido ka maghire ka ng abogado at magiging witness mo sa mga kaganapan. Nakakasilaw na offer, but is too risky.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Modus

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    M.O.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Sila may ari pero ikaw bayad hehehe...

Pulang Bandila everywhere hahaha