New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    from my blog entry:

this evening, i was pulled over because of beating the red light. it was still yellow when i crossed but somehow the vehicle i was driving caught their attention. i will not justify my mistake. however, this is about the officer that talked to me regarding this.

they stopped me in the middle of the road and told me that it was reckless driving. i insisted on moving to the side of the road and they asked for my license. i asked how much the fine was. they didn't tell me initially how much, but she told me it was 500 for my "violation", and according to her, "masmahal pa daw sa munisipyo", although it could be arranged, rather bargained for at a lower price *hint hint*.

she told me that my license would be confiscated and the ticket would serve as my temporary license. i refused to let my license be confiscated because from what i know, it is illegal for MMDA officers or for anyone to confiscate licenses. she refused, and i called the MMDA hotline, and asked if that was true. i gave the officer's name to the guy on the line and our exact location, and made the officer talk.

and then, a sudden change of heart--she suddenly told me that i didn't understand what she said, and she insisted that i should understand the conditions first before making any statement. i laughed in my head while my companions were already furious. before letting us go, she said that the fine was lowered ("binabaan ko na yan") from 500 to 150.

the evidence: http://thebassist.multiply.com/video...MDA_corruption

unfortunately, i was not able to capture a video of our first few words exchanged. the idea struck me too late, but there's still evidence of "haggling" in the video i have. if you wait for the video or if you scroll to the second half of the clip, you'll hear her say that.

the confrontation may not be much, but i hope in some way, it will inform you about their limitations as officers. they cannot take your licenses, and traffic tickets cannot serve as temporary licenses. try to call the MMDA hotline numbers listed below if you sense that the officer is being dishonest.

i have to pay for my fine. however, i still have my license, and they didn't get any money.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    you paid the 150? What is the violation if 500 was for reckless driving? And the apprehending officer, ano nangyari sa kanya? Lusot? Suspended? Or under investigation?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    i'm about to pay in metrobank. the violation listed was D. T. S., and i have no idea on what that means. as for the officer, i don't know. hope she is under investigation. ang tapang pa niya nung kinakausap niya ako. haha. i'm not ignorant, and i refuse to be. knowledge is the best weapon against these incidents.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ephraim View Post
    i'm about to pay in metrobank. the violation listed was D. T. S., and i have no idea on what that means. as for the officer, i don't know. hope she is under investigation. ang tapang pa niya nung kinakausap niya ako. haha. i'm not ignorant, and i refuse to be. knowledge is the best weapon against these incidents.

so bro, hindi mo binigay license mo pero may violation parin?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    buti na isipan mo pang tawagan ang hotline ng MMDA. eh sa makati ba ganyan din ang patakaran? may sariling mundo kasi ang mga kapulisan dun eh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ilang beses na din akong nahuli ng mmda. walang bribes dahil according to my faith, hindi tama yan.

i just pay at metrobank.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ephraim View Post
    the violation listed was D. T. S., and i have no idea on what that means.
    Disregarding Traffic Signs.

Modus na nila yan, they'll initially charge you with Reckless Driving which carries a P500 fine + seminar, hoping na masindak ka. Pag maglagay ka, syempre you get away without any charges. Pag nagmatigas ka, they'll lower the charge to DTS.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    it's against my principle to give in to bribes. kaya nagmatigas ako. fine kung fine. kung tutuusin, masmura pa sa lagay. hehe

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    My guess is that at the rate the MMDA is 'apprehending' motorists, Metrobank branches will eventually have a dedicated teller/line to accept payment of fines

Big business!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by n5110 View Post
    buti na isipan mo pang tawagan ang hotline ng MMDA. eh sa makati ba ganyan din ang patakaran? may sariling mundo kasi ang mga kapulisan dun eh.

oo nga sir, at kung pulis ang manghuhuli kanino pwede tumawag if there is a kotong cop at may account din kaya sila sa metrobank?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
the MMDA hotline works!