New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Let me know if i did anything wrong, because I don't think i did.

Last week, I was coming from Pasay going back home to cavite. i was driving along the blvd. As i neared the Intersection at the Heritage Hotel (airport road?) There were cars ahead of me stopped already, so I moved into one of the center lanes..because I knew that the left lanes HAD to turn left. So as the cars started to move, n i got to the intersection I noticed that there were plastic blocks blocking the left lanes so they couldnt go straight..so they had to turn left. But, i also noticed that the blocks extended into the center lane! So all i had to do was move one lane over, as i tried to, i noticed cars weren't giving me the right of way to move into the right lane. N some of the cars on the right of me were trying to turn left going towards the Heritage hotel. So, i was trying to switch to the right lane..n they were trying to turn left. Behind the blocks were some MMDA cops. As i got into the right lane..the cops flagged me down. They said i was in the wrong lane.

Here's my argument. I couldn't see the blocks because there were cars in front of me, if i had seen them, obviously i would have moved into another lane. N some of the cars on the right of me, they should have been going straight instead of turning left... because there was no blocks in front of them..n they were already on the cener/right part of the road. N I was in the middle lane...how the hell would i know that i'd have to turn left..from the middle lane..n who turns left from a middle lane with a 5 lane road? N i also argued that they should have posted a sign.. or painted the road with the left arrows for each lane. Or take out some of those blocks.. because it extends to the middle lanes. The bastard took my license, n i told him i'd just pay him off instead of him writing me a ticket.

Anyone experience that problem at that cross section? What do you guys think? was i really wrong?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hhmm... EDSA-Roxas Blvd. intersection ata yan. and i think you were at the U-turn slot that time.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, if you're totally unfamiliar with that place, you'll really get confused. And MMDA people prey on those kind of drivers.

The reason why there are blocks in the middle lane is because at certain times of the day, the volume of cars turning left get bigger, not to mention that the vehicles turning left are either buses or trucks. Thus, they need that much space to turn.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ganun talaga dito sa pinas. on a busy intersection, ang left turning lane e usually 90% ng kalye kahit na 1 out of 10 lanes lang ang may nakapinturang left turn. next time na lang na mapunta ka sa unfamiliar territory, stay in the middle most lane. para di ka maipit masyado kung either kakaliwa ka or didirecho
    Last edited by coiter; January 12th, 2006 at 12:54 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    nabiktima na rin ako diyan .. ang laki ng sakop nung mga blocks for those turning left ... kaya medyo malayo palang ako .. nasa kanan na ako .. di mo rin talaga makikita dahil medyo pa-uphill pa yan .. napansin ko hindi nila huhuliin yung mga nasa right lanes trying to move in .. pero yung mga nasa left lanes trying to move out .. huli ..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That happened to me to pero di ko ibinigay license ko. Talagang nakipag-argue ako. Sinabi ko pa nga na MALI ANG PAGLALAGAY NILA NUNG MGA BLOCKS!!! Nakakainis talaga dyan kaya pag umuuwi ako ng Cavite ginagawa ko na lang palagi akong nasa right most lane.
    Last edited by jim; January 12th, 2006 at 05:24 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup...dami nga diyan plus buwaya chocolate boys ng pasay. tsk tsk tsk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Sad fate.
    It is the same thing when you are coming from the domestic airport on the road leading to coastal mall. If you are going to Coastal Road, you cannot cross this intersection but have to turn right going to Baclaran and then make a U turn about 200 meters from the intersection. Upon making that U turn, you need to be at least in the 4th lane from the left, else these traffic officers will flag you down for being "in the wrong lane"... They prey on those who are not familiar with the road... The lack of helpful traffic signs, coupled with the inconsistency of implementation is really a big bother to us motorists. Rather than being preventive, these officers are plain "huli cops".

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    heheheh...tama po kayong lahat! mga pulis/mmda dyan eh mga "hulicops", minsan nahuli na dyan yung brod in law ko...50 pesos lang ayos na...hehehe

tama si Jim, dapat nasa rightmost lane ka basta natapat ka sa lugar na yan, kawawa nga lang ang mga taong hindi familiar sa place na yan, basta ingat from Pasay Rotonda up to Diosdado Macapagal.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naku natsambahan na din ako dati diyan ng mga abangers an mmda diyan. buti na lang di nila ko kaya tikitan. madami talaga nahuhuli sa part na yan. hehehe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MMDA Heritage Hotel Intersection