New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    This happened a couple of weeks ago, I was just dropping of my sister and brother-in-law at Marriot Hotel in Newport City around 11:45 pm, so they could catch their morning flight back to abroad.
    Normally I just take Dr. A. Santos Ave back Home but just to save a few minutes I just took the Skyway.
    I got on and just right before the tollbooth, I noticed some exotics trailing on the E-Pass lane, Gallardo, Porsche 911, Audi R8, Nissan GTR, BMW M3 and a Lexus IS-F. After I got my fix on exotic automotive engineering and paid the toll, I saw the convoy fly by quickly but then....
    They slowed down at about 70-80kph, the Nissan GTR turns it's hazards on and in front of it 3 cars lined-up the BMW, Lambo and Porsche, and I said to myself; you got to be kidding me, I'm currently witnessing exotics cars illegally drag racing on the highway(this is common in other countries like Germany or the US but here in Manila, they should try doing this in EDSA then I'll be impressed).
    I just backed off and let them be, and as just seeing the thread marks they left on the asphalt. In the back of my mind I kept thinking what if something went wrong, like if one of them blew a tire and lost control they could end up killing themselves or other drivers on the highway like me. Too bad SLEX/Skyway doesn't have Speed Cameras or Radar Guns, I know the enforced speed limit is 100kph but 250+++ is excessive this is not the Autobahn if they're gonna play around they should do it in the track during the day.

I could've caught their plates but most of them had none the other one just had a PPSA vanity plate...

Update:
    Youtubeland bears fruit; heres something very similar to what I witnessed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWO87zmbsYo

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    This is actually more common than you think. But I'm impressed with the numbers, they normally race in groups of three or less.

'course, the favorite car is still the Porsche 911

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Now that is dangerous. Considering that there are still a few vehicles using the Skyway up to Sucat during that time.....

12.3K:outcold:

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    i saw them once pero it was only a 911 and and M3 and they both zoomed pass by me we were headed north bound.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    I think the cars in the video are the ones you've seen.. a GTR, a Porshe, Lambo, the video man sits in the Lexus

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    My experience was even worse, something like this happened although this time its composed of ricey feeling racer guys in Civic hatch backs. 2 EGs one EF. It happened right before entering the marikina brige beside sm marikina going to libis part. They basically went slow first, hazards on then blocked both lanes. I was alone so I can't do anything but wait for them (these kids seem siga and baka pag tripan pa ko). After the first turn, off they went drag racing side by side. Only, their speeds seemed slow.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    They do have nice cars and siguradong me mga pera naman.....................why dont they just share and pay some track time para talagang ma test nila ang skills nila ang their cars with out endangering others.....................

This is just me..........................typing out load hehehehehehehe

Drag racing is fun and siyempre for us na walang pera seing cars like that is really exciting..............................then again playing with some one else life is not fun........

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    This happened a couple of weeks ago, I was just dropping of my sister and brother-in-law at Marriot Hotel in Newport City around 11:45 pm, so they could catch their morning flight back to abroad.
    Normally I just take Dr. A. Santos Ave back Home but just to save a few minutes I just took the Skyway.
    I got on and just right before the tollbooth, I noticed some exotics trailing on the E-Pass lane, Gallardo, Porsche 911, Audi R8, Nissan GTR, BMW M3 and a Lexus IS-F. After I got my fix on exotic automotive engineering and paid the toll, I saw the convoy fly by quickly but then....
    They slowed down at about 70-80kph, the Nissan GTR turns it's hazards on and in front of it 3 cars lined-up the BMW, Lambo and Porsche, and I said to myself; you got to be kidding me, I'm currently witnessing exotics cars illegally drag racing on the highway(this is common in other countries like Germany or the US but here in Manila, they should try doing this in EDSA then I'll be impressed).
    I just backed off and let them be, and as just seeing the thread marks they left on the asphalt. In the back of my mind I kept thinking what if something went wrong, like if one of them blew a tire and lost control they could end up killing themselves or other drivers on the highway like me. Too bad SLEX/Skyway doesn't have Speed Cameras or Radar Guns, I know the enforced speed limit is 100kph but 250+++ is excessive this is not the Autobahn if they're gonna play around they should do it in the track during the day.

I could've caught their plates but most of them had none the other one just had a PPSA vanity plate...

Update:
    Youtubeland bears fruit; heres something very similar to what I witnessed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWO87zmbsYo
    :hysterical:

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    hi everyone, im new in this forum.. im looking for a automotive school in manila,.. i work on hondas but i want to learn more.. i heard bout meralco foundation n samson tech but what do u guys recommend?? close to cavite? let me know please thanks.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Probably it's either TrackHos/Emperor or Autoplus since they really max their limits. Especially TrackHos, though I haven't seen them run at that speeds with other cars around. Usually it's on their own. Middle of the night. Check their website to see some clips of their "fun" run.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Midnight Drag Racing Exotics at SLEX/Skyway