New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi Everyone,

Just want to share this very horrendous experience that I've had with McDonald's Q.Ave Branch yesterday. I dont mean to ruin, discredit or destroy anyone, merely sharing this incident. Below is a part of the letter of complaint I filed against the said branch and I hope they will do the needful action on this.

Lesson learned - always bring cash with you.
    ---
    [SIZE="1"]
    This is to formally file a complaint against your 24 hours McDonald’s Quezon Avenue Branch regarding a very cold treatment and a very inconvenient visit to the branch mentioned. This incident took place yesterday, 22nd of May 2011 between 1:15AM – 2:30AM Manila Time. Details as follows:

1. Arrived at the said branch with my family for a midnight weekend snack, wearing our typical “pambahay” attire. We just came from a Mercury Drugstore which was closely nearby and decided to have a snack at your branch. Saw this male wearing blue checkered polo with a very red eyes standing in front of the entrance door. The guy was staring (without a smile) at us which we ignored thinking that he is an employee of McDonald’s.

2. Upon entering the vicinity, I immediately noticed that only one table was occupied and no one was in the counter. It was quite a normal scene at this point in time around 1:15am in the morning. I advised my family to look for a seat and choose what they would like to have so we can proceed with the order. As soon as we’re done, I asked my family to approach the counter to place the order which went on smoothly. While waiting for the food to be released, I saw this guy (no name tag) in the counter who I saw in front of the entrance door, chatting with a manager by the name of “Rowell” (name tag) and some of the crew. He was boasting off some incidents and heard him flaunting that “manager po ako hindi driver!”. This was the time that I’ve learned that this guy was a branch manager because of his loud mouth.

3. Since I don’t have enough cash on hand and the ATM nearby was offline and knowing that your establishment accepts credit card, I paid the amount using my Standard Chartered Bank Visa card. The male cashier then ask the assistance of this loudmouth manager and gave him my card. After getting my card, this manager continued chatting with his crew ignoring the fact that someone is waiting for him to process the card. Minutes gone by and I nicely told the male cashier “baka pwede mo sabihin sa manager mo mamaya na magkwento kasi may nagiintay. I-swipe nya muna yun bago sya dumaldal.” in which the guy just replied back with a smile since he cannot also close the transaction because of the delay made by this manager.

4. At last, this manager went inside the office supposedly to process my card for payment. I then advised my family to bring the food to our table while I was waiting for my card to be processed. Minutes gone by, approximately 10 minutes, and still this manager was still inside the office. I went to the side of the counter where I can see what’s happening inside the office and to my surprise that this manager was again chatting with his fellow manager “Rowell”. After a few minutes again, he went out to get something and saw me looking at him but never said a word and ignored me. He then went back to the office and said when he passed by me “sir wait lang..”. I was really controlling myself not be rude with him considering the treatment that I’m getting and just replied back with a smile. Minutes had gone by again and I decided to join my family in our table since they are half done with what we ordered.

5. While I was already eating my food, this manager approached our table and said “sir may iba ba kayong card kasi puro try again lumalabas”. I was surprised since I just used it moments ago at the drugstore where I bought my mother’s medicine. To avoid arguments for just letting me know late when I was standing there for several minutes waiting for him, I just gave him another card which was a Citibank Shell Visa card. After a few minutes, I decided to approach the counter to know what’s going on and again I was informed that it’s not going through. Again, I was surprised since I just used this card when I refilled my car on a nearby gasoline station. I wouldn’t have known this if I did not approach the counter since I saw him just standing there, maybe just waiting for me to approach the counter.

6. So close to losing my temper, I told him to wait and see if we have cash on hand enough to pay the bills in cash. Fortunately, my mom had money with her and I paid the cashier who was then a lady wearing a yellow shirt with headsets on. This lady however made “faces” with me while I was paying the bill as if she was telling me that I should have paid in cash instead. If I only knew that my mom had cash on hand that time, I would have paid it straight cash rather than face this horrendous experience.

7. I was so mad and frustrated with what had happened, with no apologies given or whatsoever for this inconvenience, we decided to leave the premises. With my urge to leave the premises immediately, I forgot to ask the name of this manager since he has no name tag with him. I think this is mandatory for all your employees with no exemption. As we were walking towards the parking lot, we saw this manager with his backpack on rode a cab and my mom uttered “kaya naman pala mabagal kumilos pauwi na..”.

8. We arrived home around 3am and checked my emails before going to bed. To my surprise, my banks sent me an email/sms informing me that a transaction was successfully charged to both of my credit cards amounting to PhP595.00! This was the amount that we paid for in cash in our stay at McDonald’s Q.Ave Branch. I immediately called up my banks, verified on when and where this transaction took place and was informed that this was at McDonald’s. I informed them that this should not be charged since I paid this in cash in which they clarified that the transaction was successful but gave me instructions on how I will dispute it if it really went through. That I have to wait for 3-5 business days to confirm if this was indeed a valid transaction or not. I was really fuming mad with your manager employee since what he told me is that it was unsuccessful finding out that it was indeed successful. I would have gone all the way back to your establishment and rant about this incident but decency and manners have stopped me from doing such and just charged it to experience to never deal with McDonald’s again using a credit card. As advised, my banks will be the one to discuss this with your establishment if this was indeed proven a valid dispute.[/SIZE]

Thanks for reading tsikoteers! Mejo mahaba pasensya na. Much thanks and more power!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hmm, which McDonalds establishment ba yan? As you know, there are alot of McDonalds along Quezon Avenue: Near MRT Quezon Ave, yun banda gitna (southbound), yun malapit sa Pegasus (northbound), yun corner Banawe (southbound), etc.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro,- baka raket iyan ng mga tao nila....Or, they really do not know how to use the POS.

Anyway, if you haven't signed the charge slip,- then the transaction is not consummated....

13.1K:bike:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Hmm, which McDonalds establishment ba yan? As you know, there are alot of McDonalds along Quezon Avenue: Near MRT Quezon Ave, yun banda gitna (southbound), yun malapit sa Pegasus (northbound), yun corner Banawe (southbound), etc.
    this is the one beside the aberdeen court. it's right across the mercury drug that the ts mentioned.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    McDonald's in front of Asiatrust Bank right beside Max's Resto and Red Ribbon - Brgy South Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro,- baka raket iyan ng mga tao nila....Or, they really do not know how to use the POS.

Anyway, if you haven't signed the charge slip,- then the transaction is not consummated....

but the hassle of disputing it with the bank is really a pain especially pag naka-post na. too bad lang it was the manager who was involved..presko masyado!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    8. We arrived home around 3am and checked my emails before going to bed. To my surprise, my banks sent me an email/sms informing me that a transaction was successfully charged to both of my credit cards amounting to PhP595.00! This was the amount that we paid for in cash in our stay at McDonald’s Q.Ave Branch. I immediately called up my banks, verified on when and where this transaction took place and was informed that this was at McDonald’s. I informed them that this should not be charged since I paid this in cash in which they clarified that the transaction was successful but gave me instructions on how I will dispute it if it really went through. That I have to wait for 3-5 business days to confirm if this was indeed a valid transaction or not
    Okay rin iyang credit card mo bro.,- reality check kaagad dahil medyo alanganing oras nag-swipe...

Ano'ng credit card ba iyan?

13.1K:bike:

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    If I were you bro, go back and confront that manager. Show him the email and sms. Mail this to McDonald as well. Baka raket nila yan so kanila na yung binayad mo.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sarap naman sapakin niyang manager na yan. :hysterical: Good thing decency stopped you, sir. Just bring this up to the management & please do keep us updated.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecoism View Post
    If I were you bro, go back and confront that manager. Show him the email and sms. Mail this to McDonald as well. Baka raket nila yan so kanila na yung binayad mo.
    Not sure with the Standard Charter CC. Pero sa Citibank, once the system detect that you rendered same amount in the same store and at almost the same time. After a few minutes tatawagan ka nila ng CSR. They will confirm if you bought an item and accidentally swipe the card twice. If yes, they will advise you to file a dispute form. Nangyare na rin kase saken once sa grocery.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    di na ba uso ang charge slip? di ba dapat pirmahan mo muna bago ma-authorize yung credit sa card mo?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
McDonald's Quezon Avenue Branch: A Horrendous Tale