New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hello Guys,

Just wanted to share this. I'm really disturbed about this... Di ko na alam kung ano...

Ako po ay si Drey Roque, isang amateur photoblogger. I write stuff because I want to write and take photos because I love documenting memories despite being too tired afterwards. Sadly, my photo taken in Kaamulan 2012 got stolen by some government employee because they needed to make a tarpaulin for the Mayor's birthday last March 21, 2012.

Here's my photo.

And here is the photo they manipulated along with my photo on the right most; they REMOVED my WATERMARK and didn't provide any credit for the work whatsoever.

Masakit po talaga sa kalooban ko to. I posted this photo as a mere gift (parang soft electronic post card) to the mayor I wish for greetings. Pero they downloaded the photo, removed my name so I don't have the recognition I deserve, kahit respeto man lang wala. They even made hard-copy on it. Tapos nakalagay lang MBO Family. What the heck? Saan ang pangalan ko dyan?

Hardcopy here.

This didn't happen to me, my best friend, also an amateur photographer placed copyright on his photo of the municipal hall. It was stolen by the same Municipality deleted the watermark but I am not sure who did it.

Hindi naman siguro ako nagdadamot. But for respect, bakit di ako naka receive ng SMS, email, message sa facebook. Lahat naman andun. Nawala tuloy ang moment na I am able to make an open letter to the mayor commending her work with our place. Pero wala na, di na pala ako nakinabang sa sarili kong gawa to make the mayor happy.

Here's a written post from my blog. (Mayor’s Photo Stolen from a Photoblogger for Her Birthday | iam3739 | Drey Roque)

What do you think pwede ko gawin as of the moment? And what should I ask in return for this inappropriate treatment?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Copyright laws do not exist for the little people. Next time, watermark it across the face, para di ma digitally matanggal with out ruining the photo. Try writing directly to the Mayor's Office. Best thing you'll get is an apology.

Last edited by Monseratto; March 22nd, 2012 at 10:39 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    as i say it here in the office.. 's*** happens..'

I understand how you feel on what has happened here but don't get too depressed on this thing because it happens every day. not only on pictures..

It is similar to songwriters, artists, etc..etc.. etc.. where everyday.. mp3s are downloaded or copied illegally, photos being copied and posted kasi naga-gandahan sila.. etc.. etc.. etc..

but yes.. tama din si sir Monseratto.. put that watermark across the face or the whole picture.. write directly to the Mayor's office and best is that you will only get a written apology.. siguro hindi yung mismong 'mayor' ang gumawa ng pag kuha ng picture mo.. but a subordinate.. or maybe kung sino gumawa ng tarp where he or she 'googled' the picture..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    write or email the philippine intellectual property office

you can search for their web address

they should do something about it otherwise, inutil lang sila at walang karapat dapat manatili ang mga tao sa opisina na yun kung wala silang magagawa para sa iyo

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ganda ng kuha mo TS, si mayora parang itsura ng higantes sa Angono.

maaaring yung gumawa ng tarp maker. Ginawa ko yun dati pero hindi picture ang kinuha ko, isang blog sya na rinepost ko lang sa friendster blog noon, na trace ako nung blogger at sinabi na dapat bigyan sya ng credit, ang ginawa ko lang nag sorry ako at nilagay ko sa last part ng blog yung taong gumawa parang binigyan ko sya ng credit.

Sorry na lang din makukuha mo dyan TS. Better rest your case, next time gawin mo na yung ginawa ni bro. Monserrato putting watermark on the face.
    Last edited by chrismarte; March 22nd, 2012 at 11:11 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    P-O-L-I-T-I-C-I-A-N, POLITICIAN. noun, pertaining to people who during elections hug babies, shake your hand, smile at you, say the things you want to hear, they even attend wakes of people they don't know and give birthday gifts to people who did not invite them. then after they win they steal your money. oh and yes, your photo, too.

there are other more interesting (and worthwhile) subjects to photograph other than politicians.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    wala na yan sir.
    kamot ulo na lang yan, pag nakita mo yung pic mo sa tarp ni mayor.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I feel for you dre dahil isa din akong photographer kagaya mo. Yan ang hirap sa atin eh, nakaw nalang ng nakaw. Matagal nang pinaglalaban ito ng mga photographers.

What you can do, is to ask for proper credit. Sabihin nalang nila na i-credit ka man lang for the picture. Yun nalang, kahit walang compensation.

Kung wala talaga, you can sue them. Copyright fringing yan eh. Kaso ang mahirap dito sa atin, walang laban ang mga maliliit na tao sa mga taong nasa gubyerno. So, haaay nalang talaga sa iyo kapatid...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Kase naman mag watermark lang hindi tama eh, lagay mo ba naman sa gilid na madaling burahin. Saka mag post ka lang ng copy ng pics yung low resolution lang para kahit download not usuable pa din.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Inform the mayor about it

Put the watermark at the center of the photo..or in a place na maapektuhan yung buong photo pag binura(though madali lang pa rin iedit nung mga mgaling sa photoshop)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast