New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    This happened to my mom's former officemate, more than a decade ago. She accidentally ran over a pedestrian. Being guilty and acknowledging her fault, she quickly stepped out of the car and gave all her contact information. The man stood up with minor injuries and limped to the sidewalk. The next few days when she went back and checked on the victim, "pilay" na pala siya! If my mom can remember correctly, umabot pa ito sa korte, at nanalo yung mama. Her officemate was obliged to pay for each day of salary he misses at work, up until he recovers completely. The last time my mom heard from her is that she compromised with a certain lumpsum.

So be careful na lang sa driving.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    This happened to my mom's former officemate, more than a decade ago. She accidentally ran over a pedestrian. Being guilty and acknowledging her fault, she quickly stepped out of the car and gave all her contact information. The man stood up with minor injuries and limped to the sidewalk. The next few days when she went back and checked on the victim, "pilay" na pala siya! If my mom can remember correctly, umabot pa ito sa korte, at nanalo yung mama. Her officemate was obliged to pay for each day of salary he misses at work, up until he recovers completely. The last time my mom heard from her is that she compromised with a certain lumpsum.

So be careful na lang sa driving.
    AFAIK, after you pay the lumpsum, they should be made to sign a "QUIT CLAIM" prepared by your lawyer. So that they can't run after you for more money.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Kaya sa America, pedestrians always have the right of way. Takot sila sa demanda. Kaya pag nakikita ka na nila na parang tatawid ka ng kalsada, preno na kagad sila.

Dito kasi, few people can afford to pay for lawyer's fees.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    meron sa may north ave/mindanao ave intersection yung guy na laging ganun. dun ba nangyari yun or iba?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    nangyari din sa akin yan about two years ago sa san francisco. i had what i thought was a minor accident with a motorcyclist. he did not fall down from his bike and managed to gain control. he was even able to walk back and forth from his motorcycle to my car when we were exchanging infos and drove off afterwards. so, i thought that he was okay and our insurance companies will take care of everything and never thought much of it since. imagine my surprise when my insurance company calls me 10 months later to inform me that the motorcyclist is claiming half a million dollars! my coverage was only for $100K, so i was really worried. anyway, my insurance company appointed me a lawyer and we ended up paying much less than my coverage, which was a relief.

so like squala said, be careful out there. there are people who will take advantage of every opportunity to get the big bucks, ethical or not.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I guess dito nga pumapasok yun tanong na what if sa di tamang tawiran tumawid yun tao, kasalanan pa din ba ng driver yun. Lugi naman yun driver to be put in that position but when a stupid pedestrian causes an accident where the driver gets incapacitated, mahahanap mo pa ba yun kups na tumawid. unfair!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    It will all depend on your initial statement to the police. If you can prove that you exercise proper care in your driving and the pedestrian was clearly at fault, wala ka dapat liability. Even if you were negligent but can prove that the pedestrian was equally negligent, dapat naman reduced ang liability mo.

And make sure that the police report is unbiased and merely factual. Pag may conclusion sa report na you were at fault, ask for its revision before signing it.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    nabiktima ako ng ganyan this time its a bunggo kotse gang. binabaan ko and i gave him a good beating. it turns out na hindi lang pala ako na ogag nito pati pala kuya ng friend ko. then a few more weeks after nakita ko siya sa newspaper. malamang sikat na sya at madami na nakapapansin. madaming ganyan sa binondo,jones at roxas blvd area. ingat po kayo

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbullz
    nabiktima ako ng ganyan this time its a bunggo kotse gang. binabaan ko and i gave him a good beating.
    Good Job! Bagay yung ginawa mo sa nick mo!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    A member of AAP told me once that, "If your actions on the road in any way endanger the life of your fellow motorist or pedestrian, you automatically lose your right-of-way."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Matagal na pero share ko na rin...