New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    mga sir ask ko lang tama ba to submit yung vehicle mo sa security check upon entering mall parking?? etc?? i mean di ba kahit police check point bawal mag pa bukas ng trunk? just plain view nila.

sabi kase sa akin i am not obliged to open my trunk, invoke right to privacy..
    just asking..

btw noob here..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUR-RT View Post
    mga sir ask ko lang tama ba to submit yung vehicle mo sa security check upon entering mall parking?? etc?? i mean di ba kahit police check point bawal mag pa bukas ng trunk? just plain view nila.

just asking..

btw noob here..
    Most of the mall parking I go to, I don't even bother with opening my trunk anymore.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    for 1 thing, malls are private establishments

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jozef_10 View Post
    for 1 thing, malls are private establishments
    True but will a 2 second look prove useful enough to detect anything? At least at certain malls like Shangrila Mall, they have bomb sniffing dogs. They open the trunk just enough for the dog to sniff the air from inside.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 18th, 2009 at 06:14 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUR-RT View Post

just asking..

btw noob here..
    jozef10 is right. Malls are private establishments so the plain view doctrine and the right to privacy (or properly, right against unreasonable searches) are not applicable. As private establishments, malls can therefore legitimately deny you entry if you refuse to have your vehicle inspected.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blur-rt View Post
    mga sir ask ko lang tama ba to submit yung vehicle mo sa security check upon entering mall parking?? Etc?? I mean di ba kahit police check point bawal mag pa bukas ng trunk? Just plain view nila.

Sabi kase sa akin i am not obliged to open my trunk, invoke right to privacy..
    Just asking..

Btw noob here..
    what are you hiding?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    gusto lang makita mga sound setup nyo.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just submit to whatever check they want, it will not eat a minute of my time so why should I not follow it? and besides is it really that hard to flick a switch to open the trunk?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I just submit to whatever check they want, it will not eat a minute of my time so why should I not follow it? and besides is it really that hard to flick a switch to open the trunk?
    Same here.
    I just get annoyed when the security guard slams the trunk too hard.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    So if everyone else jumps off a high building, you will also follow?

Those so-called "security checks" is the height of stupidity because anyone who plans to bring in a bomb would already have hidden it anywhere else in the vehicle except in the trunk. Or hidden the entire bomb inside the large isobaric box of a subwoofer system. And then what?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
mall parking vehicle check??