New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In light of the recent conflict between volunteer fire fighters (that includes volunteer search/rescue and EMS), nag-verbalize daw si Mayor Binay na bawal na ang volunteer units and manpower sa Makati City. Brigade fire chiefs are still waiting for an official statement but the Mayor's office has been quiet about it. Neither confirming or denying that such statement has been made.

So for the meantime, volunteer units are not responding to calls within the Makati area. There have been a number of small fires recently. The latest being in Victoria Tower? All volunteer units have remained on 10-12 (standby) instead of responding.

Makati police are also said to have become less lenient on private vehicles and motorcycles bearing logos/stickers or any signs of affinity to volunteer groups and are being flagged down for a lot of minor violations (some of which don't really seem like violations at all). These include the use of clear plate covers, 'swerving', etc. Seatbelt and helmet use are also being more strictly enforced (at least that's better).

Our advice to Makati Residents, start storing up your own water for fire fighting. Let's see the BFP tackle anything above 4th alarm on their own. It will probably end up in a general alarm with all the residents having to live in evacuation centers afterwards.

Again, it is not the intention of your local volunteer fire brigades to be of disservice. Everyone is just being more careful.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    patay tayo jan, taga makati ako. i hope this mess gets sorted out quick. i have more respect on our firefighters and ems than our cops, especially the volunteer firefighters and ems. sila pa ang may lakas ng loob pag bawalan mga volunteer when they should be thanking them for their services.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bro Otep mali yung ang mag imbak ng tubig. Dapat mag imbak ng pera para hindi masunog ang bahay mo! Kailangan mong bigyan ng suhol yung bombero ng Makati para bombahin yung bahay mo ng tubig kapag may sunog!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok naman ang fire chief ng Makati. As for his people, eh I'll hold my comments na lang. hehe

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They don't need your help daw, Otep. Siya na sasalo sa lahat:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My take, dapat Huwag madamay yun mga residents ng makati Sa away ng makati police/mayor & fire volunteers...

Fire volunteers should take the high road, puntahan pa rin nila Kung Meron sunog pero pag hinarang sila ng makati govt then it's not their fault na...

Sa ginagawa ng volunteers na standby Lang pag Meron sunog sa makati eh pumapangit image niyo sa public...

This will not get public sympathy...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    THe volunteers are just a offshoot of local goverment's inability to fufill it duty to protect the citizenry from fire. Since Makati is a rich city and wants to prove that it can do its job, you should be happy for it. ...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    My take, dapat Huwag madamay yun mga residents ng makati Sa away ng makati police/mayor & fire volunteers...

Fire volunteers should take the high road, puntahan pa rin nila Kung Meron sunog pero pag hinarang sila ng makati govt then it's not their fault na...

Sa ginagawa ng volunteers na standby Lang pag Meron sunog sa makati eh pumapangit image niyo sa public...

This will not get public sympathy...
    Well put shadow.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    That's true. It is a public service and pride should take a back seat to the welfare of the general public.

Hope they can resolve that; and yes, better for the volunteers to still try to go and offer their services even if they will be blocked off.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^but they are volunteers, apolitical, even if they have conflict with the LGUs, it shouldn't get into way in helping the citizens. yun naman ang mission ng fire volunteers eh..mga tao dapat hinde nagiging collateral damage sa away nila ng makati...

if they gonna choose kung sino pipiliin nilang tulungan then better just stop na lang yun pagka volunteers nila.

this is some sort of power tripping din eh, what's the difference between you and binay na ngayon? tinatakot niyo yun mga taka makati na mag ipon kayo ng tubig dahil pag meron sunog hinde ka tutulong, huwag niyo ibuntong galit niyo sa mga taong walang kinalaman.

we get it masama loob niyo sa nangyari sa kasamahan niyo but meron process para maayos yun. if you think the Makati govt or the local police will not do anything, then go to DOJ, NBI. DILG and ask for an reinvestigation...
    Last edited by shadow; April 10th, 2012 at 11:16 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Makati Residents:  Mag-imbak na daw po kayo ng tubig