New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Just got home from coming from Makati to Pasay using the South bound lane of Edsa of the Magallanes flyover. There is a road work on top of the flyover with out warning light or reflectors man lang. Only MMDA workers waiving pag malapit na. There is a blind corner. May konting curve kasi to the right pag paakyat na so if your fast going up baka mabannga mo sila. 2 lanes lang kasi dito so magiging 1 lane nalang.

And also the north bound lane of EDSA. This is going to the tunnel from Magallenes naman. The lane going up to Ayala. If your familiar with those orange colored barriers na hindi maayos ang pagkalagay. Kanina nakakalat mga eto. Mga debris from the barrier. It seems that somebody hit 1 kaya nagkalat eto mga 10 to 20 meters apart kaya medyo matraffic. If your going there now be careful po.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tsk Tsk! So much for safety first, huh? Ingat guys.

I'm not against their fixing the Magallanes flyover. That place does need some repairs. But then if an accident happened due to their repair, because there were not enough safety measure taken, then that would taint the success of the repairs.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Magallanes Interchange is one of the most deplorable and hideous places next to Bicutan Interchange.

Non-tax paying bus drivers get immunity from swerving and illegal loading of passengers and get a maximum of one smack from the side of the bus from MMDA, whilst the tax-paying middle class gets a P1000 Peso fine for illegal swerving caused in the first place by those road-hogging coffins.

It's basically pandemonium out there as found in most busy sections of Manila.

The condition of the roads on the interchange going both north and south bound are good enough for any 4x4 enthusiast. I just love those breaks (where pieces of the bridge meet) that they have left unasphalted so we can test the rigidity of our rims. I think it's an off-roaders dream.

As in all things in the Philippines, kanya kanya na lang ang diskarte.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zxd168pzz View Post
    Magallanes Interchange is one of the most deplorable and hideous places next to Bicutan Interchange.

Non-tax paying bus drivers get immunity from swerving and illegal loading of passengers and get a maximum of one smack from the side of the bus from MMDA, whilst the tax-paying middle class gets a P1000 Peso fine for illegal swerving caused in the first place by those road-hogging coffins.

It's basically pandemonium out there as found in most busy sections of Manila.
    I somehow agree with you.

I hate it when you are caught swerving and there is no solid line, you are slowly changing lanes, and you have your signal lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by zxd168pzz View Post
    The condition of the roads on the interchange going both north and south bound are good enough for any 4x4 enthusiast. I just love those breaks (where pieces of the bridge meet) that they have left unasphalted so we can test the rigidity of our rims. I think it's an off-roaders dream.

As in all things in the Philippines, kanya kanya na lang ang diskarte.
    I am relatively happy to report that those breaks on the bridge has been asphalted (band aid). They did it one morning during rush hour (I think 3 weeks ago). I still have some asphalt on the body of my car.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    When was the last time this overpass was given a thorough
    checkup? A few months ago, as I was on the topmost point of the
    overpass on bumper-to-bumper traffic, I could have sworn that
    it was swaying! Akala ko nga may lindol! I even asked my wife
    who was seated beside me, she confirmed na umuuga-uga nga
    yung bridge.
    Dapat tignan na nila ito baka matulad pa sa bridge collapse
    sa Minnesotta!
    This is true! I thought ako lang ang nakakaramdam Pati yung pasig rosario bridge ganun din. Lalo na pag may dumaang bus sa kabilang lane.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Buhayin kolang tong thread na eto since it's connected to Magallanes interchange topic. I think it's the "Greatest Engineering Achievement" Ng Piliphippines. Talagang pinagisipan bago ginawa eto. At isama narin yung streach from Magalllanes to MOA. the left turn flyover to tramo at naging 3 small lanes nalang going to taft ave. Tapus dati one lane lang private tapus 2 lanes sa yellow. Buti nalang naging 2 lanes private. Tapus yung naging ground level ang MRT Rotunda Taft Station. Diba dati parang May issue dyan na dapat elevated yan? Going thru these hurdles everyday From Binan to Roxas Blvd is like going thru hell. I think that all MMDA personnel should be replace including its chairman. Dapat galing eto sa members ng tsikot.com

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    "As if traffic in the metro isn't busy enough as caused by the *******ial rains and the fiasco caused by the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board, the Department of Public Works and Highways has announced that it will close the Alabang-bound portion of the Magallanes Interchange coming from Manila, from August 8 to 17.

According to the agency, this is in line with its Magallanes Interchange Rehabilitation Project, which was supposed to have started in July. Affected motorists are advised to take the service road instead.

No mention is made, however, on how motorists coming from Manila and turning left onto the northbound lane going to EDSA, will be affected or what alternate route they're supposed to take.

If you take this route regularly, we have two words for you: Good luck!"

DPWH to close Alabang-bound section of Magallanes Interchange | TopGear.com.ph

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The south bound portion of that interchange (going up) ....... is in really terrible condition.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No choice, ikot Don Bosco para skyway or tiis sa dami ng stop light sa cash and carry.

Tapos sabayan ng sucat bridge repairs... Pangasar.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Talaga bang tanga at bobo ang mga gov't employees sa bansa natin? Or kulang lang talaga sa pagiisip...as mostly, not car owners/drivers at commuters lang ang mga nag dedecide ng mga bagay na ganito?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Magallanes interchange