New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I saw a thread in the forums here saying positive things about LTO Cainta and decided to apply for a driver's license there. Upon arriving there, you will notice that there are no fixers pestering to give you "value added" services. And once inside you will always hear the LTO Chief using their PA system to warn people not to deal with the fixers outside their office. Hmmm... so far so good! Seems this place is real legit.

Every person applying for a license needs to do a drug test and a medical test. There was an accredited Drug Test and Medical Clinic there. For 400 pesos they will do the medical and drug test for you. You will be asked to give a urine sample. Strange thing is, I got results from the drug test within 5 minutes and I never saw them open my urine sample bottle. Magic! At least for the medical check, the doctor tested my eyesight for nearsightedness.

Then the next step is to take the written exam. While waiting I chatted up some guys and they told me that they paid somebody inside to make them pass the written and practical test. One said he paid 1500 and another mentioned he paid 2500 pesos. They said they paid LTO employees inside to arrange this.

Well, the test started and it was 40 questions - multiple choice type of test. I estimate if it takes 30 seconds to answer each question, it will take 20 minutes to finish the test. But lo and behold! Some submitted their answer sheets in less than 10 minutes! I guess they were geniuses or speed readers.

Later on, I asked these geniuses how they managed to complete the test in less than 10 minutes. Well, they said when they received their answer sheet, it was already pre-answered. Hence, no need to answer anything. Aaay, what a beautiful way to make money! Answer sheets for sale.

Out of 27 who took the test, 10 of us passed. 6 of the 10 were the geniuses who finished their test in less than 10 minutes. The rest of us were legit.

Off to the practical test, 1 of the 4 legit passers of the written test told me she is only applying for a motorcycle driver's license - restriction code 1. Some assistants of LTO overheard our conversation and told her she can apply for restriction code 2 as well. But she said, "but sir hindi po ako marunong magmaneho ng kotse". Their answer was - "walang problema yun!". Turns out, if you give them 400 pesos, they will let you pass the practical driving test even if you do not take the actual driving test, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!!!! I kind of though at this point that I can get a blind man licensed here for Professional Driver's License.

The 6 geniuses who did the 10 minute written test quickly all disappeared and their papers were quickly transferred for payment and eventual release of their new license. The 4 of us were left there waiting to be given the test. But first they charged us 150 pesos for the practical test fee. No receipt was given and we were told that they did not have a car and they need to rent one for us to use for the test. Pero walang receipt! We waited from 11am to 12 noon. No test. The LTO staff took a lunch break. The main guy giving the practical test left during lunch driving his shiny Mitsubishi Pajero. Hmmm... seems he gets paid well by LTO. He came back at 1:30 pm and all he did was handle a bunch of papers and sent them back for processing. Still no test for us poor guys. Then around 3:00pm, he decided to do something about us. He had two posts placed one car length apart and told us we should do parallel parking. He did a demo using a battered and old Mitsubushi Lancer and he managed to hit the post while parking it in.

Hehe, I sort of felt he was psyching us out. Trying to break our resolve not to do this test the legit way. The posts were really very near each other. There is no way you can get that car in there. Well we did not give up. He chose the youngest guy in our group to do the first test. Post got hit front and rear. That of course was expected. So he failed. But then, the Mitsubishi Pajero Driving LTO Test Personnel called him over and said - "pare mag-usap tayo dito". Mukhang "payback time" na. It cost the guy 300 pesos to pass the test. One by one, same result. Failed, hit the post, car too far from the gutter etc etc. Kasi naman "mission impossible" na parallel parking ang test nila. Guaranteed to assure no one passes, not unless the 4 wheels of their test car can turn a full 45 degrees and the you slide in the car.

So, my conclusion is, if you want to legitimately acquire a driver's license from LTO Cainta, it's like climbing the Mount Everest. If you do not deal with their "internal" fixers i.e. the LTO employees, you would find it hard to get a license.

In the end, I realized why the LTO Chief keeps on warning about dealing with fixers inside. He wanted to make sure all the "fixing" is done inside and all "fixing" revenue goes in and no middle men involved. Aaay, I wonder how they can use this dirty money to feed their family. Kapaaaal!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Dapat to sa goonsquad..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Moved to GOON SQUAD HQ subforum

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    This is a good investigative report for 'Imbestigador' of GMA 7, 'XXX' of ABS-CBN, or BITAG of Tulfo!

:police:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Di lang sa Cainta rampant yan. halos lahat ng LTO offices ganyan modus sa exam.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    which reminds me... i need to go to LTO tomorrow... lost license... been a long time since I've been inside. Any tips?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Galing nga sa LTO. Sobrang well oiled machine yung fixing industry sa loob. Very efficient, from the test booklets that already have the right answers, to the checker who already knows you will pass, to the photo-taking, to the actual creation of the license. 10/10. Now if the government can be just as efficient on doing LEGIT stuff....
    Last edited by tidus1203; March 18th, 2009 at 05:06 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Ticket View Post
    which reminds me... i need to go to LTO tomorrow... lost license... been a long time since I've been inside. Any tips?
    Bro, I suggest you give a call to the LTO office you plan to go to and ask them the procedure and requirements for lost license cases. And ask them if there is any cut off time for filing your papers. In this way hindi masasayang ang lakad mo or at least minimize the number of times you need to go back to them.

The phone nos. of different LTO offices are in the LTO website www.lto.gov.ph.

Good luck! Ingat sa buwaya.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    kaya sa kalye ang daming pasaway na driver, paano sa LTO pa lang ang dami na kabalastugan nangyayari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
LTO Cainta: Do not deal with Fixers outside - Deal with Fixers "inside"