New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Don't you know that the waiting time to get the Toyota Fortuner is now 10 months?!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that is just a conservative estimate! In fact, since the Philippines is now competing with existing Thailand orders, the waiting time can easily be around one (1) year! .... and worse if you are on Financing scheme compared to thousands in line who will pay cash.

Toyota is virtually holding us HOSTAGE by deciding to market the Fortuner before its lone factory can be ready to satisfy demand.

Do you HONESTLY BELIEVE that when your Toyota dealer tells you that you are No.15 in the line, you are ACTUALLY No. 15? This is just an arbitrary number given to you. There are hundreds of others who are most probably the same No.15 as you from the other branches.

The worst crime is that many dealers are taking advantage of the situation by entertaining only those customers who choose to take their in-house Toyota Financing Scheme with exaggerated interest rates!

Basahin nyo yung Inquirer Today (May 27 issue) and read how a Toyota management executive SHRIEKING in delight na nagkakan-darapa yung mga customers para mauna lang sila sa pila. Tuwang-tuwa pa siya. I'm sure some customers are willing to offer bribes just to get their units early.

What a vulture world.....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you want to go a step further... you might as well boycott all Toyota products. hehe.

but all these excitement will die down within a few months. don't let yourself be a victim. ;)

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Tama si mazdamazda... Lets wait the feedback on the performance and drivability from those who got there units already.. Baka madaming tao magbago ng isip and shift to Isuzu Alterra.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i certainly hope quality wont be an issue since the fortuner is being rushed in the assembly line

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    too much na itong HYPE sa fortuner... baka nga sa pilit mong makabili, maging MISFORTUNE pa!!!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse
    too much na itong HYPE sa fortuner... baka nga sa pilit mong makabili, maging MISFORTUNE pa!!!

Yup, baka ma-misfortune ka nga at Alterra pa ang mabili mo. Hehe.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    dpat maging hotcake ang Alterra to snap toyota out of its omnipotence

kaya Alterra na kau!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't think intentional naman na mahaba ang waiting time. Naging "hot cake" lang talaga ang unit at hindi makahabol ang supply sa demand and the good thing ay hindi pa sila nagtataas ng presyo(I hope). Kung ako man ang taga TMPC mas gusto ko na madispose na agad ang mga units dahil doon pa lang nila makukuha ang profit nila.

Meron pa naman ibang alternatives like Isuzu, Mitsu, Ford, etc.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. boycott the fortuner? sino kasama mo magboboycott? will toyota care? i don't think so.
    besides, it's just to immature for you to ever think about that. makipila ka na lang.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    the only good thing i hope to see about the fortuner craze (if the units actually arrive) is that those with gen 2 and gen 2.5 pajeros will dispose of their units (mistakenly of course, but sila yun, di ako) and so the pre-owned market will be flooded with gen 2 and gen 2.5 pajjeros para maka-afford na ako ulit

ayos, okay ba logic ko? hehehehehe

andy

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast
Let's BOYCOTT the TOYOTA FORTUNER!