The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    From the link...

Absolute Power Corrupts… Awesomely

Of course, the killjoys among us might point out that the police officer endangered multiple lives while clearing the lane so he could speed with impunity. He frightened a driver who was not breaking the law, he increased the likelihood that one of the cars around him would react in a manner which could injure someone (like slamming on the brakes without warning) and he starts off the video by tailgating the Civic ahead to a level rarely seen outside of Spec Miata racing. Oh well. If we want this omelet of consequence-free reckless highway operation by “trained” cops, we’ll have to break a few eggs.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Blocking the left lane is against the law in many states. And aside from the issue of being illegal or not, the practice of blocking the left lane is rude and offending to other motorists. As a member of the Emergency Medical Services, it also hampers our response times especially when we are caught at a bad time (e.g. we are still on board our privately owned vehicles when a call comes in).

And if the driver doesn't know how to react when a fast vehicle is approaching from behind (it's no rocket science, just pull over to the right), he has no place driving a motor vehicle on the road.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    LOL, let's give the Civic the benefit of the doubt that he's at the speed limit level and the cop just wants some fun :naughty2:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's actually against the law in many states (and even here in the Philippines on the SLEX and NLEX) to stay in the left lane if you are not overtaking.

Blocking traffc is dangerous. Driving slowly in the left lane exposes you personally to danger from overtaking vehicles. And it puts the entire rest of the road in your blind spot. It's easier to see traffic behind you on the left side than the right. I scold our drivers when they stay in the left lane for no reason.

It also hampers the movment of emergency service vehicles like police, fire and ambulance units. Though it's about par for the course here in the Philippines... as I see many idiots who don't know that you're not supposed to block an ambulance. Even if it will cause you to lose a few places in traffic... you always, always... ALWAYS... pull aside when you see an emergency response vehicle behind you.

That Civic driver was an idiot. Cop behind you... PULL THE F*** OVER.
    Last edited by niky; April 18th, 2011 at 12:52 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    This have been a problem with me. lately, i went to Nueva Ecija, using NLEX.
    Speed limit is 100 kph. so, was on the outer lane. then overtake, then back to lane (being an abiding driver seeing that left most lane is for overtaking only). then weave out again to over take, then back again. done done many times which I asked myself, why not stay on the innermost lane all the time, anyway, you are overtaking?
    If you are doing 100 kph (as the speed limit), you are at the max speed limit. My question is, do you have the right to hog the inner lane? Aren't those going faster than you violating the speed limit which is in turn also violating the set law?
    who violates what? As for my case, isn't it more dangerous for me, weaving in and out of the overtaking lane?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by burjegol View Post
    This have been a problem with me. lately, i went to Nueva Ecija, using NLEX.
    Speed limit is 100 kph. so, was on the outer lane. then overtake, then back to lane (being an abiding driver seeing that left most lane is for overtaking only). then weave out again to over take, then back again. done done many times which I asked myself, why not stay on the innermost lane all the time, anyway, you are overtaking?
    If you are doing 100 kph (as the speed limit), you are at the max speed limit. My question is, do you have the right to hog the inner lane? Aren't those going faster than you violating the speed limit which is in turn also violating the set law?
    who violates what? As for my case, isn't it more dangerous for me, weaving in and out of the overtaking lane?
    Actually, I also have a similar predicament. I sometimes just hog the left-most lane (overtaking lane) once I have cruise control set to 100km/h. Of course, if there's an incoming car faster than that, I either (a) make way and move to the 2nd lane or (b) speed up. I find myself using the B option more often so far, hindi pa naman nahuhuli (sir, nasobrahan pagtapak sa gas )

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Always give way to the faster vehicle. Simple as that. So long as your lane change maneuvers are done properly. They are not considered dangerous.

I'm driving a V8 powered wagon yesterday but still had to give way to a MB100 who was driving faster than me.

It is not up to us to enforce the law. We just have to abide by it. Let the speedsters get apprehended at the exit. Some of us actually have the legal right to break the speed limit even when on board our unmarked vehicles (aka POV's.).

And sometimes, we need to briefly nudge the limit for safety purposes. E.g. when I get stuck behind a gravel truck and my rig (and windshield) are getting pelted with stones, I pull ahead to overtake then resume cruising at the speed limit after I have pulled ahead of him at a pretty safe distance (e.g. 350 feet ahead).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    kung nasa leftmost lane kayo at max speed na kayo then another vehicle is approaching higher than the speed limit, it is not your problem kung overspeeding sya. just stay on the open rightmost lane.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    kung nasa leftmost lane kayo at max speed na kayo then another vehicle is approaching higher than the speed limit, it is not your problem kung overspeeding sya. just stay on the open rightmost lane.
    yup. pull aside, let him pass at whatever speed he's going. let the cops chase him down, that's their job not yours.

if you want to go as fast as he's going, then let him by and accelerate right behind him. and risk getting caught as he might be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Left lane hogging Honda gets owned! Major LOLZ