New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Lawmaker wants NLEX renamed Pres. Corazon Aquino Expressway | TopGear.com.ph

We missed this bit of news back in August. Apparently, the easy-to-pronounce acronym for North Luzon Expressway may soon be changed to a more challenging one. That's because Rep. Magnolia Antonino-Nadres (4th District, Nueva Ecija) filed House Bill 4820, which seeks to rename NLEX as President Corazon Aquino Expressway.

According to the solon, changing the name of NLEX to CAEX "will bestow distinct honor [upon] and perpetuate the memory of former President Corazon Aquino, an icon of democracy."

"If favorably passed into law, it will constantly remind us of the noble deeds of the late President, especially for the poor, and inspire our people to emulate her example of selfless service to the nation while her exceptional courage and leadership gave hope and united the Filipino people at a critical time in the country's history," Antonino-Nadres added.

By the way, this is the same lawmaker whose brother crashed his Subaru Impreza (with an "8" plate) into an MMDA vehicle on EDSA back in July.
    What are your thoughts about this??
    Parang gusto ko nang magmura
    Last edited by crosswind; October 29th, 2014 at 08:57 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Ano naman kayang kinalaman ni Cory sa NLEX. Parang walang relevance.

Siguro dapat SCTEX na lang i-rename kasi dumadaan yun sa Hacienda Luisita.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Why stop there? Why not rename the whole country from the Philippines to Cojuangco country.

I was young when Cory was our president and all I remember is that we have to sleep sa terrace na may kulambo kasi maiinit at walang kuryente. Sorry, for me overrated si Cory as a president isama na rin ang self-praise na anak nyan.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Maybe they'll name the Skyway extension to Kris. :hysterical:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Eh diba si Marcos nag paumpisa ng project na Nlex at Slex?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wag na dahil halos lahat ng mga ginawang Aquino na name ay naging palpak. Ex...NAIA.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Wala naman ginawa si cory sa pilipinas e. Ewan ko bakit sinasamba nila yang si cory. Oo hindi sya corrupt. Pero wala di naman nagawa

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Mahirap yan. Kapag may meeting ka sa batangas. Taga Norte ka, tumawag boss mo sa celfone na choppy ang signal:
    Boss: Saan ka na banda?
    Employee: Nasa CAEx na po boss.
    B: ok sige ingat.
    After 2hours
    B: o, san ka na?
    E: ah CAVITEx na po boss.
    B: anak ng, 2 oras na nakalipas hindi ka na nakaalis sa CAVITEx. Ang iksi iksi lang niyan. Hehe.
    Ang ayos ayos ng pangalan ng NLEx, papapangitin pa. Anak ng. Kaya tama lang na buwagin na yang kongreso na yan kung puro ganyan lang. Naknang pating sayang lang talaga tax natin jan.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Another non performing Solon in congress,just after pork:devil:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sipsip buto na congresswoman. Sayang sweldo, pwede ba i-recall na yan. Ang daming sirang kalsada sa nueva ecija dun dapat ang pinagtutuunan ng pansin ng useless government official na ito!

Mag-pass na lang sila ng batas na automatic magpapalit name ng bansa everytime may new president para di na sila naguunahan sumipsep ng t!ti o pnke ng kung sinong nakaupo. Tama yan sa 2016 name ng pinas e "republic of noggy"!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Lawmaker wants NLEX renamed Pres. Corazon Aquino Expressway