New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They advertise a car show from 12nn to 7pm. Fair enough. I just want to see some cars. I leave The Medical City at 3pm and get there a little past four.

I've been a car show attendee since around 1988 and this one has got to be the one with the longest line. Suprisingly, the crowd inside isn't really that big. Why the long line? Because there is only a guy or two slowly selling tickets. They must be newbies since they couldn't even identify who their boss is. They were just hired to sell tickets as per one of the guys at the ticket counter.

At around 4 pm we fall in line. By 5:30 we were nearing the ticket booth when one of the female organizers announced that only the Php400.00 VIP tickets will be allowed admission after 6pm.

The female patron in front of me complains to the female organizer. Showing the ticket announcing a car show from 12nn to 7pm and a party afterwards. The female organizer reasons that even though the party is at 8pm, they will have to clear the place before 8pm. The female patron cries fraud saying there were no prior announcements that the venue will close at 6pm and that some of them had come from work (hindi naman kami puro students with allowances from mom and pop). The least the organizer could have done was announce that general admissions would be until such time only instead of surprising the patrons who are in line that they can no longer enter. Siyempre sinegundahan ko yung female patron since her argument is valid. A polite announcement a few days or hours before didn't hurt anyone.

What happens next surprises me as the female organizer hurls a pen towards the female patron and storms away. The female patron doesn't even flinch (haba ng pasensya) and just goes away. The female organizer leaves also.

I identify myself as being from Tsikot.com to one of the persons wearing an organizer's uniform and would like to get the name of the female that nearly hit me with the pen she hurled. Surprisingly, the guy ran away!

Not wanting to cause a scuffle, I just go back to the Rotary Club meeting next door and leave shortly thereafter.

The least the organizer could have done was identify until what time they would be admitting general admissions even before the show date. And that they could have at least made their lines faster (it stretched until the side of the WTC Manila) so that people who arrived at 4pm would still have a fighting chance to view the cars on display.

Not all of us go there to watch jiggling silicone and half naked ladies...

Some pics to follow.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Well, that was a bad experience.

I myself cannot fall in line for 1 1/2 hours just to have a ticket.

Maybe I should reconsider going to MIAS instead of this

Hmmmm.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ticket:

Hurling pen lady:

Back of hurling pen lady:

Hindi naman siguro 'kopal' sa Tsikot.com ang babaeng ito?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    No pics of the ladies ... erm ... cars, doc? Or you didn't proceed inside?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi na. Thinking of MIAS also. May mga gusto lang din akong tignan na units on display dito. But not worth Php400 x2 (dalawa kami) if you ask me.

Pano kami papasok eh ayaw na ni hurling pen lady?

Feeling ata ng production outfit, success is measured by how long the line is. I've seen bigger crowds in the other local shows without having to resort to mile long lines.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Hindi na. Thinking of MIAS also. May mga gusto lang din akong tignan na units on display dito. But not worth Php400 x2 (dalawa kami) if you ask me.

Pano kami papasok eh ayaw na ni hurling pen lady?

Feeling ata ng production outfit, success is measured by how long the line is. I've seen bigger crowds in the other local shows without having to resort to mile long lines.
    Yung transport show sa SMX last year maraming tao, but the line was relatively fast-paced.

Dun nalang nga siguro ako sa MIAS, this coming Thursday, para hindi dagsa rin.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sabi ng aking bubwit ay sadya daw pinahaba ng organizer yung pila ng general admissions so people would be forced to spring for the VIP tickets.

I guess there's a grain of truth to that since there were events people hawking VIP tickets along the general admissions line.

I'll see if things change tomorrow. Once all the party people have left and only the auto enthusiasts are left.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Sabi ng aking bubwit ay sadya daw pinahaba ng organizer yung pila ng general admissions so people would be forced to spring for the VIP tickets.

I guess there's a grain of truth to that since there were events people hawking VIP tickets along the general admissions line.

I'll see if things change tomorrow. Once all the party people have left and only the auto enthusiasts are left.
    Baka walang kumagat sa P400.00 ticket nila.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Buti na lang hindi ako pumunta kahapon. Been a carshow goer since 2009 since I owned a DSLR to take photos of cars. Okay, ***y girls also but never did I experience such scenario. Usually, there is a booth wherein you'll have to purchase your ticket. After a minute or two, I'm usually inside savoring the girls, I mean the car display already.

Maybe the organizer this year are newbies

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Wala na party party ngayon diba? Sana mas maluwag. If the wearher will be fine later, ill go. If not, sorry arianny hahahaha

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Ladder Events? [organizer of Hot Import Nights Manila 2012]