New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is the side going to Elliptical road.

If you are not passing by the underpass and you take the street-level road on its side, there will be a center divider marked PUBLIC VEHICLES and PRIVATE VEHICLES. If you go into the side marked PUBLIC VEHICLES (wala naman kasing nakalagay na ONLY, besides this side is the better side if you intend to make a U-turn to face EDSA northbound) may enforcer na nagtatago dun sa kaduluduluhan. Out of sight when you enter the area because of the crest in the road, you have no escape because of the pink fences. Huli ka. I've been observing this for the past few days now.

First off, I think the rule is stupid. The public vehicles just drive into whatever lanes they choose and are not apprehended. What's the point of the fenced area if the road ends up in the same place, too (EDSA) and the jeepneys still block the 'PRIVATE' side of the road to load on passengers.

Secondly, if private vehicles are not allowed in the area, why are the enforcers not actually enforcing traffic rules and directing vehicles into their correct lanes? Nagtatago pa sila dun sa dulo. Halatang kotong bopols lang ang mga ito (at least 3 sila).

Ingat kayo mga peeps. Kala ko dati, Elliptical/Commonwealth ang kotong point sa area na ito, ngayon dalawa na pala.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I don't pass by that side kasi parati traffic with all the jeeps loading and unloading there. Malas naman kung naipit ka na huhuliin ka pa.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sa kabilang side meron din yata. from Q Ave going to EDSA. Ingat lang!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Last Wednesday around 9:30pm along Quezon ave. eastbound approaching Edsa I was flagged down by an MMDA enforcer, actually there were 6 of them on that center island. My violation, I was on the PublicUV lane daw. This was the innermost lane near the railing of the underpass. I should have been on the rightmost daw. Well I told them that there was no sign which the officer (courteous naman) told me there was, nasa overhead like sa expressway. Sabi ko panu makikita eh wala naman ilaw yun sign and only someone on a helicopter can see it clearly since our headlight won't be able to shine a decent light on it. So while explaining my cause, I look on the other lane and saw a taxi use the supposively private lane. I called the attention of the officer but what he said woke up my half asleep passenger (Tess). Sabi ng officer, "eh sir yun taxi semi privete yun". To which Tess replied, "anung sabi mo? ulitin mo nga." ...well in short the poor MMDA guy got a lesson from my wife. Sabi niya, "hindi mo ba alam na there are 4 colors ng plate, white-private, red-government, blue-diplomat and yellow-public, anung kulay ng semi-private? Wala siya masabi so tignan nalang daw niya yun license ko. Sabi ni Tess ulit, "wag mong kukunin ha!". I held my license tightly as I show it to him, them sabi ng officer, "ingat nalang kayo sa susunod..."

So mga peeps ingat kayo dun. Para daw hindi mag traffic kaya ganun, eh 9:30pm na at wala naman traffic...and 6 sila dun na walang ginagawa.
    Last edited by afrasay; October 29th, 2006 at 03:48 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    kainis yang mga yan. pag westbound ka naman from quezon ave going to edsa, yung mga PUV naman eh walang pakialam makaharang sa inner lane na supposedly private cars, di naman nila hinuhuli. mga bwiset sila. grrrrrrrrrrrr!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Last Wednesday around 9:30pm along Quezon ave. eastbound approaching Edsa I was flagged down by an MMDA enforcer, actually there were 6 of them on that center island. My violation, I was on the PublicUV lane daw. This was the innermost lane near the railing of the underpass. I should have been on the rightmost daw. Well I told them that there was no sign which the officer (courteous naman) told me there was, nasa overhead like sa expressway. Sabi ko panu makikita eh wala naman ilaw yun sign and only someone on a helicopter can see it clearly since our headlight won't be able to shine a decent light on it. So while explaining my cause, I look on the other lane and saw a taxi use the supposively private lane. I called the attention of the officer but what he said woke up my half asleep passenger (Tess). Sabi ng officer, "eh sir yun taxi semi private yun". To which Tess replied, "anung sabi mo? ulitin mo nga." ...well in short the poor MMDA guy got a lesson from my wife. Sabi niya, "hindi mo ba alam na there are 4 colors ng plate, white-private, red-government, blue-diplomat and yellow-public, anung kulay ng semi-private? Wala siya masabi so tignan nalang daw niya yun license ko. Sabi ni Tess ulit, "wag mong kukunin ha!". I held my license tightly as I show it to him, them sabi ng officer, "ingat nalang kayo sa susunod..."

So mga peeps ingat kayo dun. Para daw hindi mag traffic kaya ganun, eh 9:30pm na at wala naman traffic...and 6 sila dun na walang ginagawa.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mods,
    paki merge sa existing topic "kotong trap..." by otep. was gonna delete the thread pero may nag reply na. thanks.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yun sa edsa-buendia southbound ganyan na din ata. pansinin nyo yun sign buses yun sa right (pa-right ng buendia), private vehicles are trooping sa left. may nakasabay ako sa right side, pero nakasignal sila sa buendia. good thing
    alisto ako at bigla ko naikabig sa lane kung saan nanggaling yun fort overpass. ready na yun MMDA sa dulo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nahuli na ko diyan before. swerte nila good mood ako that time.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nahuli na rin ako dyan, binigyan lang ako ng warning

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Kotong Trap:  Quezon Ave ibabaw [above EDSA underpass]