New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    WTH is wrong with these kids/teens playing in the middle of the road in one of the darkest parts of C5 (beneath the ramp/overpass to MarketMarket)?

i was driving northbound about 90 minutes ago on the way to work. as i approached the area nakita ko meron silhouttes in the distance na tumakbo sa gitna ng road. i slowed down a bit then nag-flash at nag-busina ako. there was kid standing in the middle of the middle lane (where i was on) and in the middle of the lane to the right. WTF ayaw nila tumabi kahit nagbusina na ko - akala ko meron deathwish at ako pa napiling medium to cross over. nagtakbuhan at the last minute when i slammed on my brakes. buti nalang i didn't panic and didn't swerve to the left kasi dun tumakbo yung kid na nasa lane ko!

plus, didn't see how many, but there were more kids sa side ng road so akala ko babatuhin na yung kotse ko right after to complete the prank; buti nalang wala naman bumato.

i usually take edsa to work pero nag-decide ako to go via C5 tonight to break the routine. haiiii.... i don't think i'll drive down C5 late at night again in future.

could still feel my heart in my throat 30 minutes after.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

That was about 12:30AM-1AM bro, right?

Marami pa bang sasakyan sa C5 during that time?

Dapat tulog na iyang mga bata na iyan,- nasa kalye (C5) pa....

10.2K:chicken:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yeah, around 12.30am yun.
    konti nalang sasaykan pero majority are trucks.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    That stretch of C5 is really dangerous... it starts there and extends towards the cemetery. I've got friends who got their cars hit with rocks and bottles. I myself almost got hit by bottles (plural) around 2-3 years ago. Another thing to watch out for in that area are 1-2 foot long wooden planks as these have nails driven through them. A neighbor was victimized a few years ago and had a wheel pierced. When he got down to take a look, a group of teens accompanied by a burly older guy approached and "offered" to help him fix it for Php1,000. He managed to bring down the fee to Php500.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Ilan beses na din nilagyan ng harang yung center island dyan. NIlagyan nila ng maliliit na semento pero nilulundagan lang ng tumatawid. Nilagyan nila ng wire na fence, sinira lang ng mga tumatawid. NIlagyan na nila ng mas malalaking bakal na fence, may mga nakikita pa rin akong mga butas sa ibang parts.

Walanghiya talaga mga kababayan natin... may overpass namang ginawa para sa kanila, ewan ko ba kung bakit mas gusto nila tumawid sa kalsada.

Muntik na din ako makasagasa ng buntis dyan dati, sa may market market na portion nya, may sharp curve dun. While travelling along this portion at high speeds a few years ago, nabulaga na lang ako paglampas ko ng curve na yun dahil may buntis na patawid! I had to hit on my brakes then swerve to my right, buti na lang the woman decided to continue towards my left kasi pag umatras sya dahil sa takot, she'd be moving on to the lane I swerved to.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    WTH is wrong with these kids/teens playing in the middle of the road in one of the darkest parts of C5 (beneath the ramp/overpass to MarketMarket)?
    Training ground: Practicing para sa EDSA - Guadalupe?

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71481

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ^ yeah reminded me of that thread too.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ~snip~
    Last edited by roninblade; July 6th, 2010 at 05:05 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    May naengkwentro na rin akong ganyan.

A few months ago I was on my way home driving C5 southbound, just past Kalayaan U-turn interchange at about 7 pm. Suddenly there's this grade-4 kid who's trying to cross the street! Because of lack of illumination I saw her at the last second.

Luckily nothing untoward happened, but it's scary how the girl even attempted to cross when she saw all these cars coming at her already.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    *roninblade: sobra naman yung mga batang yun, buti na lang wala kang nasagasaan.. Pero kasalanan pa rin ng mga batang yun if ever may mangyaring hindi maganda sa kanila...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Kids playing on C5 at night