New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sad day indeed for me.

I was on my way this afternoon to Tagaytay around 3pm with KIDDO and 3 other doctor-companions. I was in the innermost lane right next to the guard rails travelling at 60kph. I just passed Shell Magallanes and somewhere in front of Asia Pacific College when this delivery truck about 20 meters ahead of me in the lane adjacent to mine locked its brakes. Nakita ko pa yung smoke coming out from his front left tire. The trunk then suddenly did a 90 degree turn to my lane. The moment I saw the smoke, I hit the brakes but it was too late. It slammed against my front right fender. We were pinned between the truck and the guardrails. However, the force was so strong that it made my front left tures bite against the guard rails causing KIDDO to climb over and remain balanced. We were in a 45 degree angle to the right. Fortunately, none of us were hurt. Here are the pics:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PNCC had to bring in a crane to lift KIDDO out of the guardrails:

I sent out a broadcast message to my tsikot, dieselclub.org, and 4x4ph/VCP friends. Afrasay was the first to arrive in his Patrol. He accompanied me all the way to the TMG impounding area in Bicutan were I filed my affidavit. Thanks to barcus for his flatbed recommendation, I was able to get KIDDO out of the area and now he rests at FILMAR.

Damage so far? Crushed rear fender. I'm not sure if my front A-arms were affected but hopefully not. I foresee some chassis structural damage because the body looked bent. Rear right panel just below the quarter panel was dented as well.

The delivery truck was owned by a certain SO-NICE international corpration based in Sun Valley Paranaque. Manager is Mr. Oscar Kho. Tel. 821-2736-37.

I will try to get in touch with him on Monday and see how I can claim for damages. As for now, I'm still in a state of shock and disbelief. How I wish it were all just a bad dream that I could just have woken up from. What really saddens me is the effort and memmories I put into KIDDO. I have no plans of having him repaired. No amount of repairs will be able to bring him back to his pre-accident form. Tapos the effort and hassle pa sa repairs, etc. Best to salvage parts from him nalang and put it in another VITARA should I decide to get one again.

Sigh.

To all who texted me their sympathies and comfort, a big thank you. Its so heartwarming to know that during times like these, I have brothers and sisters in the online community whom I could turn to.

So, anybody knows any good condition Vitara available? Preferrable 97 model above in tip-top condition...Hehehe. Time to start over again.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry to hear that bro, pasalamat na lang at walang nangyaring masama sayo.

siguro nga mabuti pa hanap ka na lang ng bagong vitara.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ouch. sorry about that bro.

sana the truck's party will not give you a hard time in claiming damages.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry to hear that bro....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oi doc bakit dika nag text sakin!?i was in the area pa naman.

gusto mo ng matic na viatara?2002 model.herhehr

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wiretap_md
    ... anybody knows any good condition Vitara available? Preferrable 97 model above in tip-top condition...Hehehe. Time to start over again.
    kudos to people who helped you out...meron akong kakilala na merun vitara she wants to sell....virgin pa malamang ito sa off-roading...hindi na sariwa ang paints nito pero tingin ko sulit na gawin mong donor ng mga upgrades mo from kiddo...so that kiddo2 will be born.

Will check is she is still serious in selling it.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    bakit siya nag brake bigla?

hayy sorry sa nangyari.. sayang yung vitara

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    A very most unfortunate event indeed... thankfully no one had been seriously injured.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what the?...thank God no one's hurt.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
KIDDO Crash pics...