New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Just providing a warning for our fellow tsikoteers who ply the Katipunan route. Watch out being run off the road by a White Fortuner with Plate Number ZEH 653. I was with my wife tonight around 8:30 pm and I was making a U-Turn at the front of Gate 2 of Ateneo (The U-Turn slot under the Pedestrian Overpass) and was behind a Mitsubishi Montero when the driver of the White Fortuner forcibly cut in from my blind side (right side of my car) with no turn-signal, not even beeping their horn. Being a defensive driver, I just honked my horn and let the car pass. I'm not sure if what i saw was correct but from my viewpoint, the driver was female. After forcibly cutting in and almost hitting my car if i hadn't given way, the driver drove away and was weaving in and out of traffic at high speed and again with no turn signals and no regard for other motorists. Lucky that I usually leave adequate space in front of my car before the next vehicle especially when doing a U-Turn so I was able to avoid an accident with the driver of the Fortuner.

My message to the driver, size doesn't make right and I just pray that you meet your match or your maker (whatever comes first) without endangering anyone else.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I saw a similar vehicle along C5 - Libis earlier.. The driver was in a hurry and it almost rammed my car from the side.

From the looks of it, parang natatae ata ang driver eh.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    What an ass! Prolly an ex-bus driver. Just the thought of tolerating abusive motorists is irritating but sometimes we just have to give way for the greater good. At least you and your wife arrived home safely.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Baka Car Jackers yun na nagjoyride sa kawawang fortuner....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    He drives like that because he's on a Fortuner, just like how other Fortuner drivers do -- act like an ass when they're in one.

I'm not generalizing, but I do know that you have already observed that most, but not all, drivers who drives a Fortuner feels like they're superior when they cruise along in their more than a mil vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Lady driver daw...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Lady driver daw...
    im actually thinking that it was a guy with long hair. kaya ganyan umasta. feeling pogi. feeling siga. ugaling squatter. but if it is indeed a lady, then that's surprising. i've only encountered several lady drivers who drives aggressively, and they haven't reached the level that the driver that the TS was describing, attained. medyo chill pa ng konti than that.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    He drives like that because he's on a Fortuner, just like how other Fortuner drivers do -- act like an ass when they're in one.

I'm not generalizing, but I do know that you have already observed that most, but not all, drivers who drives a Fortuner feels like they're superior when they cruise along in their more than a mil vehicle.
    If your observation turns out to be true, then he's one hell of a jerk! Just drive around Metro Manila for about an hour and you'll see more than a dozen Fortuners and about the same number of Monteros too. So what's he feeling so special about? Now if he were driving a $1.5 million Dartz Prombron SUV, payag na akong bastusin nya sa daan, hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Nakakita na ako samen Fortuner din grabe makadikit sa sinusundang delivery truck parang linta. Then kinut 'yung motor na nasa right lane without signaling.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by buriroy View Post
    If your observation turns out to be true, then he's one hell of a jerk! Just drive around Metro Manila for about an hour and you'll see more than a dozen Fortuners and about the same number of Monteros too. So what's he feeling so special about? Now if he were driving a $1.5 million Dartz Prombron SUV, payag na akong bastusin nya sa daan, hehehe.
    Nakow... MS and Fortuners special mention thread again. Beep beep nalang in advance. Bato-bato sa langit, matamaan huwag magalit. :D

In a related note, my tito has a Starex Crdi and Everest a/t which is driven by their driver. Nakasabay ko on the road several times and ang kupal talaga umasta (thats why the Everest has several bumps already) and it seems the reminders of my tito (after i tell him) go up for naught... he cut me off once (did not know who i was) and i followed the car all the way to the house. Talsik si ogags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Katipunan Menace - White Toyota Fortuner ZEH 653