New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I was driving yesterday in bumper to bumper traffic, sticking to the car in front of me until I came to a T-section.

I left it open for a couple of left-turning cars, then when I saw this black REVO was going to make a right turn (effectively blocking the road for any other left turners, since traffic was really not moving), I inched my way towards the car in front. This blocked him from making the turn, but I noticed that he did not want to give way (to a hanging vehicle, I must add), trying to get in front of my auto until the cars were almost touching.

When the traffic moved a few seconds later, I heard the unmistakable sound of a fart burner over the music. It's mr. Revo revving hard, apparently trying to overtake me in a very narrow, congested 2-lane street.

I wasn't rushing at this point, and knew it was pointless to race with an impatient person in a gas vehicle.

This is where the fun begins.

Mr. Revo driver wasn't just overtaking as he DELIBERATELY slammed his car onto the side of my vehicle and subsequently sped away into HEAVY traffic, nearly hitting a car head on, and almost rear-ending another car.

I peeked out the window, and was horrified to see the damage he caused:

a small scratch on my side mirror, which is now gone thanks to rubbing compound. Surprising, since there was a loud thud when he hit.

I did not opt to pursue him as to not escalate the situation (He might have a gun. if he was willing to use his car as a weapon, what more a firearm? I don't want to die due to a traffic incident), plus the fact that I had children on board.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get his plate number - all I can remember is that there's a 2008 CHHA sticker on his windshield (whatever homeowner's association that is).

Fortunately for him, his antics did not hit a similarly less-rational, hotheaded and irate motorist. Imagine if he encountered a trigger-happy gun owner.

I can't believe that motorists like these exist. He's worse than the jeepneys and buses that I deal with daily.

He might not be so lucky next time. For now, I hope he enjoys his dent and bodywork scratches.

Some afterthoughts:
    1) The incident could have been avoided if I had simply given way, but I know I had the right of way.
    2) Is he a precision driver? Seems to mee that he's had lots of practice in hitting cars, then running away in congested roads.
    3) I hope I never encounter douchebags like this again.
    4) Sanay ba sya magmaneho sa Pilipinas? kung baguhan sya, nako. Hindi sya tatagal dito. Kung hindi mawrewreck sasakyan nya, e mapapatay sya.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    There will always be barbarians like that on the road. You only showed that you are the better person because you did not stoop down to his level. I don't know, but it really seems like people are getting more and more violent these days. YOu exercised judgement by not coming after the guy anymore. Makakahanap din yan ng matapat.

The guy probably has no brains and thinks that he had the right of way (for whatever reason) that's why he was so pissed. I remember when I passed by c5 kalayaan a few days ago, traffic was supposed to merge and when I did not give way to the car to my right since it wasn't his turn yet, he got so mad. He pressed on his horn continuously until he made a turn going to Fort. Inisip ko na lang na ta^%a siya. heehee.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I agree with Cathy on this...you were the better person and driver that given situation...trouble with some of the motorist here is that they think they own the roads...not willing to give way to others...I do admit sometimes we get irritated by the way others drive... but that's how it works here...patience and calm are my "baon" on the road.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir inamalas ka ata ah .. few weeks ago nakipag hot pursuit ka sa jeepney na walang preno with yellow boys and ngayon revo naman ..

may susunod pa kaya?

joke

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    sir inamalas ka ata ah .. few weeks ago nakipag hot pursuit ka sa jeepney na walang preno with yellow boys and ngayon revo naman ..

may susunod pa kaya?

joke

Oo nga e.

Buti simula bukas, hindi na ako masyadong magmamaneho dahil magrerent na na ako malapit kung san ako magpapatuloy ng pag-aaral

Parting gift ata sakin ng mga kalsada sa Pilipinas.

sana walang mangyari sakin ngayon

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    mahal pa naman gas ngaun tapos ganun ganun lang pinagagawa nun sad to know na madami pa din ganung mga maangas sa kalsada at walang sawang nambibwiset ng ibang walang muwang at nanahimik na motorista. baka po may TROC sticker at member siya. got the plate number sir? pwede po natin i report kung sakali.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Unfortunately I think your blocking him provoked him to get "even" so you had a part in this as well. When you blocked him from making a right you also blocked the traffic that was flowing (if at all). Penalize one bad driver and make others suffer? I think that was wrong.

If I were in your shoes I would have just let him make a fool out of himself by blocking everybody, and let everybody get mad at him instead.

These are already desperate times. If you were afraid to die due to a traffic incident you should have just let him be in the first place.

JMHO.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    minsan talaga madami mga ungas na driver na naghahanap ng gulo... madami maangas.. basta bigayan lang sa traffic para walang problema...

yan ang rule ko sa driving pag nauna na yung isa pag bigyan na...

pero minsan may mga ungas talagang mayabang mag maneho...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Unfortunately I think your blocking him provoked him to get "even" so you had a part in this as well. When you blocked him from making a right you also blocked the traffic that was flowing (if at all). Penalize one bad driver and make others suffer? I think that was wrong.
    Thought of this too - but he wasn't moving either. I wasn't trying to "punish" this guy. Neither was I exactly racing him. It was only when I was very, very near did he make a move, which was already too late. Besides, traffic moved again less than 5 seconds later, and I had given way to other vehicles before this guy.

I had simply asserted my right of way.

Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    If I were in your shoes I would have just let him make a fool out of himself by blocking everybody, and let everybody get mad at him instead.

These are already desperate times. If you were afraid to die due to a traffic incident you should have just let him be in the first place.

JMHO.
    Well, it's as if he isn't used to driving in the Philippines with its unfriendly driving conditions.

The sporadic road rage killings in the country involve some form of confrontation between similarly short-tempered people. That's why I just let him go - no shouting spats for me.

As I said, I could've just let him through. But what's done, is done.

Don'g get me wrong though, I don't have this craving need to be vindicated - what matters to me now, is that I'm fine, and that I've learned that there are less obvious dangers on the road.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    1) The incident could have been avoided if I had simply given way, but I know I had the right of way.
    Hindsight is always 20/20, but giving up your right of way for a fool doesn't speak any less of your character.

I struggle with that choice myself every single day, largely because my wife would often admonish me, "Kahit ikaw pa ang nasa katwiran, alam mo namang madaming gago ngayon sa daan. Hindi madali ang maabala pag naaksidente tayo."

We would do well to save our principles for the other battles in life that really matter; let's not waste them on some anonymous schmuck who's probably experiencing a violent (and well-deserved) death even as we speak.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; June 8th, 2008 at 10:57 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Irate Revo Driver