New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The eye bank said that they have exhausted effort to look for the relatives of the deceased.

The family says the corneas were taken without permission.

If you were the family of the deceased kakasuhan niyo ba ang eye bank? Just wondering.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    May records ba sir regarding sa paghahanap ng relatives ang eye bank?

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Kinasuhan na raw ah?

Eye foundation faces suit for taking teen’s eyes
    By Jeannette I. Andrade, Niña Calleja
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    9:51 pm | Monday, August 20th, 2012

Eye foundation faces suit for taking teen

PMA sides with foundation
    For its part, the Philippine Medical Association (PMA) said that it found nothing wrong in the Eye Bank’s actions even though the extraction was done without the family’s consent.
    kalokohan naman ata eto, sinong kaanak ang me gusto na walang pahintulot ang pagkuha ng parte ng katawan ng mamamatay na pasyente.

Based on the earlier news i've read, ok naman daw sa pamilya ang i-donate - magpaalam lang ng maayos.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ko alam sir. Maybe may inputs mula sa mga forumers natin. Nakita ko lang po kasi sa evening news kanina. Last na naman ako sa mga bali balita.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hay, based on news print medyo skeptical na rin ako. Kung live interview, pwede rin scripted na. Oh well, let's see kung saan man maging progress nito.

Thanks doc for opening.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it is thievery ... kapag may kinuha nang walang paalam, pagnanakaw yan ... kung walang mapaalamanan, huwag mong kunin

Eye Bank? edi pera-pera lang yan!

funeral parlors are now becoming accomplices of human organ thieves?

His body was later taken to a funeral parlor for autopsy during which two personnel of the Eye Bank, according to the victim’s family, harvested his eyes after passing themselves off as policemen or asking for their permission even though they (family members) were just standing outside the morgue.
    Last edited by kinyo; August 21st, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    from what i gathered from the tv news last night, the family of the deceased were in the immediate vicinity of the funeral parlor when the extraction of the kid's corneas took place. that's mainly the reason why their pretty much incensed w/ the way the people of eye bank callously handled the whole thing

mukhang paalam lang naman ng maayos ang gusto ng mga mag-anak ng namatayan.

btw, i'm an eye bank donor card holder. not sure kung iyong bata card holder din pero baka nga donor talaga siya kaya siguro feeling nung mga "harvester" pwede kagad kunin iyong mga corneas nung deceased
    Last edited by baludoy; August 21st, 2012 at 11:17 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    this has been circulating in FB... mukhang galit na galit nga yung kapatid ng deceased from their personal accts sa FB. Who was the deceased Infante anyway? I heard he was killed.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At the very least it was unjust vexation. The Eye Bank should have been more sensitive towards the family and waited for permission. Seriously, what did they stand to lose? Also, hiding behind legalities? Other people have been shot or killed for less than what these guys did. Not that it would solve the issue, though.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    from sa news kung wala pa nag claim ng body meron grace period bago pwedeng kunin legally without permission yun cornea. Kahit hindi mageffort ang eye bank they can take the corneas legally as long as lampas na sa grace period na walang nagclaim ng body. Nag elaspe na daw yun grace period kaya kinuwa na ng eye bank.

Pati sadyang inaabangan talaga ng eye bank ang mga na namatay sa saksak, na baril, vehicular accident, etc. Kasi madalas matagal daw ang claimant.

Sayang nga naman ang cornea kung simula na magdecompose ang body.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Infante vs Eye Bank on organ donation?