New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I'd like to share this incident that happened in intramuros at around 6 in the evening.

I was enjoying a cup of taho near an institute in Intramuros when i suddenly saw a black Ford Expedition with a tinted plate number. He suddenly stopped in the middle of the road. Turns out that maybe one of those pedicabs that counter-flowed in a one-way road must have sideswiped his vehicle.

But there are no visible damage as far as i know, but he "ordered" the other pedicabs, sidewalk vendors, some parked cars and even some pedestrians to "move aside". Mayabang talaga itong si gago.

Behind the black expedition, there were 3 taxis. Taxi number 3 had honked his horn due to the traffic. Mr big-fat-idiot walk out his vehicle to confront the taxi. But he confronted the taxi behind him as he thought that taxi honked his horn.

Turns out the driver had been drunk-driving all along when i examined his "walking ability". When the taxi driver defended by closing his door and windows, mr-big-fat-expedition guy delivered about 120 pounds of punch to the taxi driver which caused the driver-side window to shatter. Expedition guy ripped open the taxi's door and delivered some punches to the blood-faced taxi driver due to shatters of glass.

The passengers at the expedition are trying to calm down the driver but he instead go after the other taxi's. This is when the institute's security guards called the police to report.

Expedition guy immediately fled but i think he was caught by policemen when he passed by the station.

I felt bad for the taxi driver. He was just passing by and an unfortunate incident caused him his safety and his window. I hope those drivers who are abusive and intoxicated in alcohol get what they deserve.

Anyhow, I have some questions after seeing this incident.

If anybody encounters these type of persons, what should they do?

If drunken driver destroy's your window/windshield/side mirrors/etc, what should the driver do and will insurance be applied?

And, i know this is off-topic, but is there a way to make the glass shatter-proof so it cannot be broken by stones and drunkard's fists?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot View Post
    And, i know this is off-topic, but is there a way to make the glass shatter-proof so it cannot be broken by stones and drunkard's fists?
    Car windows have tempered glass which shatters to small bits to prevent injury from big shards of glass. The worst would be a few shallow skin cuts.

Installing a window tint will help hold the glass bits together so most of the glass will not fly around if shattered.

If you want "shatter-proof" glass, you would be looking at stuff similar to bullet proofing. Not really cheap nor practical.

BTW, tempered glass is stronger than standard sheet glass. It can withstand a few punches without breaking. But it will shatter easily if there is a single point of impact on it. Example, a big ring (like a grad ring) on the hand punching the glass might provide enough point-impact force to shatter the tempered glass window.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 27th, 2010 at 02:25 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    dapat bawal talaga mga tinted plate numbers... sino ba genius nagpauso nyan just for the sake of being 'unique'.

wow. shattered the window by punch. i hope he got some finger fractures. makahanap sana ng katapat ang mokong na 'to.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    mr-big-fat-expedition guy delivered about 120 pounds of punch to the taxi driver which caused the driver-side window to shatter.

The Hulk?....

10.4K:shazam:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    "Expedition guy ripped open the taxi's door..."

+1 on the hulk...hahahaha...either malakas sya o mahina ang pintuan

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mreyes View Post
    "Expedition guy ripped open the taxi's door..."

+1 on the hulk...hahahaha...either malakas sya o mahina ang pintuan
    baka naman yung taxi eh yari sa papel de hapon. parang yung mga sinusunog pag may namamatay na instik...

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Baka he pulled open the door in a very forceful way, di naman talaga "ripped".

To answer some of the questions, wouldn't that be classified as "aggravated assault with multiple physical injuries"? Dapat kasuhan yang baboy na yan para matuto ng leksyon.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    Baka he pulled open the door in a very forceful way, di naman talaga "ripped".
    Yup that's what i meant. kasi he opened the door na parang pupunitin na. tapos pinagsusuntok yung kawawang driver.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    t*r*n***0ng expedition driver naman iyon!

ang dami niyang kasong haharapin, bukod sa nanggulpi, lasing pang nagmamaneho, anak nang teteng.

ang naaawa ako doon sa taxi driver na ginulpi, hindi naman siya ang bumusina, siya pa ang napagbuntunan nang galit.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka naman nakatagpo lang ng katapat yung taxi driver? balasubas din kasi karamihan sa kanila ... kaya ayun ang katapat nila, lasing na expedition driver

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
An Incident in Intramuros