New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just last night, I encountered two moronic drivers.

First is a old Honda City (no plates yet). I was driving at a reasonable speed in EDSA when a noticed that a car was swerving left and right behind me to muscle his way forward. The lanes were pretty tight and it wasn't amusing at all. Then all of a sudden, there was no traffic beyond us. And an impromptu car race ensued. At first, pantay lang at hindi na ako nag downshift, am at the 3rd gear * 40kph. So I just pressed on the gas and waited. At around 4.5k rpm, the engine suddenly enleashed hell! Gave him a taste of VVTI power.

Second is a red Corolla taxi. It was in front of SM City, am at the innermost lane when suddenly he swerved in to my lane, swerved out and swerved in again. His passenger at the back was holding on tightly at the chair. So I pressed the horns and I was behind him. I then pulled over to his side, promptly lowered my windows, blared my horns some more and when he looked gave him a finger that he'd never forget.

For the two scenarios, what do you think about it? Is that uncalled for or do they deserve that?

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    there are times that i would do the same thing you did. but most of the time i stay cool, eventhough they deserve it, getting emo to little situations like that may get you in trouble, either called and otherwise. given na talaga that there are uncourteous drivers sa daan, get used to it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di pwede yan kay Beast, I'll give them a dose of their own medicine. Pero kailangan minsan wag patulan yan mga ganyan. Mas makakarating ka pa ng mabilis sa pupuntahan mo if you just let it pass. Di natin maiiwasan magkaroon ng road rage sa streets lalo na kung heavy traffic around the metro especially with the heavy one I encountered yesterday. Imagine a 3 hour drive from Pasig to P. Tuazon in Cubao.
    Last edited by Ungas; July 19th, 2003 at 11:52 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Lets stay cool on the road.. Minimize provoking other drivers into possibly violent acts (specially the moronic drivers), mas malaki pa pwedeng mawala sa iyo, talo ka pa if the situation escalates...

The life you save may be your own...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag privvy vehicles, i usually don't give the finger. kapag fx and taxis lang... medyo less risk... but there's the risk...

i usually don't do that, but kapag medyo badtrip / pagod / stressed, kaya cguro ganun...

makapag karting na lang nga cguro para ma release lahat ng stress! hehehe!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Boss Ungas,

Konting lamig...hehehe! Sayang lang laway at pagod mo sa mga g*gong 'yan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Altis6453::: Yup, I've learned my lesson, never argue with those morons unless you want your wife nagging at your side after the incident. :D

Ang uso ngayon di na cutting paths, karamihan sinasayaran na. I just let them pass sa tigas ng bumper ko, there's more damage to them than mine.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ungas
    Altis6453::: Yup, I've learned my lesson, never argue with those morons unless you want your wife nagging at your side after the incident. :D

Ang uso ngayon di na cutting paths, karamihan sinasayaran na. I just let them pass sa tigas ng bumper ko, there's more damage to them than mine.

hehehehe....
    mahirap nga kapag yung katabi mo yung makakalaban mo..

kung ako sa mga moronic drivers na yan...
    d ako pupuwesto sa harap ni "Beast"..o kaya
    ni "Strading" ni sir Kimps...
    tsk tsk tsk
    hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero minsan dapat din turuan yung mga ugok na driver na yan! hrheheheheeee

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    While we're on the subject of having your seatmate nag you, i share ko lang na one night I was crossing a street sa may UP Diliman. Nasa pedestrian lane na ako and there was this car na biglang nag accelerate sabay bukas ng high beam and fog lights na heading right for me. Napansin ko na lalaki yung driver at mukhang date nya yung katabi.

Ang hindi alam nung driver ay shortly after the pedestrian lane, merong hump. So syempre pinauna ko na yung kotse while I observed with amusement yung kotse at yung mga occupants inside na mukhang puro bukol na dahil umuntog yata sila sa roof nung kotse pagdating sa hump. I imagine na hindi naging maganda yung date nila that evening.

Hehehe

:-)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Idiot Drivers / Road Rage