New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Yesterday, I almost got myself into an accident and endangering the lives of other motorists and pedestrian in the area,due to the nature of my tires(M/T or Mud-Terrain), my pick-up truck tends to lose grip when the pavement is wet, it happened to me alot of times but not as severe as what just happened to me, so here goes....

As I was cruising ,there is this certain mitsu l300 that keeps pinning me down, I dont know why but he changes lanes abruptly and its getting to my nerves since we know that the area along the LRT central station is very narrow and to top it off, jeepneys and buses consume what little is left of the road waiting for passengers..I kept my calm and try to get away from him...as I made a right turn , the moron suddenly appear from the passenger side , sped off and cut me..my reaction was to steer to the left but there is this black besta van that cut me again from the left..in short, I was left hanging in there getting honked by the car behind me, that is when I snapped and said to myself " No more Mr Nice Guy". so from defensive driver, I turned into a psychotic driver...abrupt no-signal light turns, sudden accelerations and not letting anyone into my lane...Ive been driving that way until I reached a stoplight , from there, I saw the L300 that has been making my driving experience miserable and the besta van that made it worse....but as expected, the agressive l300 driver made a right turn at a C-shaped street (like the one in plaza dilao) , effectively bypassing the traffic light then sped off into the blue, so there is only one enemy left, and that is the besta van, as the green light turned green, I accelerated and tried to pass the van from the right side, I reached him and I decided to increase the volume of my radio, taking my eye off the road, then suddenly, a bottleneck appears and Im going to sideswipe a parked trailer truck so I swung a to the left, but something happens, because of the trucks parked there and It is raining, there is oil+water on the road so my vehicle lost traction and drifted, I hit the brakes but nothing happens, so out of desperation, I steered to the right and again hit on the brakes hard and Thank God the vehicle is back under my control....,I almost hit the besta van to the left and the tucson in front of him, good thing he braked just in time and my vehicle stopped before hitting the tucson...my speed before the incident is 40 kph, In that event, I wasnt wearing a seatbelt and I banged my forehead on the steering wheel and dashboard, the tucson drove off oblivious to the incident while the besta van and the taxi behind me looked at me with anger and confusion, I wanted to apologize but decided to remove myself from the embarrassing scene and made a right turn on the first street that I encountered

I actually returned to ground zero and asked the people there if there is anybody, pedestrians etc., who are hurt by my actions, to my relief, they said no...since I cannot forgive myself if innocent lives suffers due to my immaturity and brashness

Lessons Learned: 1. Road is Slippery when wet,2. Never ever let emotions drive the vehicle, keep in control of your faculties

I seem to have injured the bone beneath my eyebrow since it hit the steering wheel with such force

thank you for reading

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    umamin sa goon squad. hehe

anyway may times talaga people get the best out of you kaya may ganyang actions. best talaga to keep your cool since you dont wanna end up dead/injured just because of traffic.

ako din may times na ganyan sa kalye pero what i do is just grip the steering wheel and let it pass. pero shempre may instance din na hindi na mapigil kasi abusado na kaya kailangan turuan ng leksyon.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    oo nga eh, malas ko lang siguro at sakin natapat ang aksidente huhu

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Post mo plate number mo, make and model ng car mo para maiwasan ka namin...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    i know how you feel sir.. experienced those other inconsiderate drivers on the road as well... just keep cool next time po. happy driving!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

For me,- I will let them pass...

Mauna na silang lahat.....

13.2K:boxing1:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Of course, we all are possible Goon Squad material. After all, we're only human. The best course of action is learning from our mistakes and resolve not to commit the same error again. It takes balls to admit it here and brains to know that what we just did is wrong.

Sadly, majority of people in this country severely lack the latter.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    :hysterical: Sabagay mabuti na nag-iingat!

But sometimes, even the cool cat do feel the urge to ram other arrogant/irresponsible drivers.....
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    oo nga naman po para sa karamihan na nag iingat. peace bro!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe.

Tapos post ka rin after na galit ka dahil violation of privacy yung pag-post mo ng plate number. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I am goon squad material