New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by zel.chikot View Post
    Isipin nyo, brand new elantra pa yun sasakyan. Passed all the crash tests. Tapos patay lahat ng sakay. Iba parin talaga kapag nagiingat. Kahit sabihin mo kumpleto ka sa safety features, kung wala naman sa ayos..
    Hanggang 40MpH ang mga Standard Frontal offset crash tests, in order to pass.

Any speed above that Bahala na ang Diyos.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mainit pa ang dugong magpatakbo ng sasakyan ang mga ganyang edad isama na rin ang kayabangan resulta disgrasya

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    medyo napag-uusapan na iyong aksidente na iyan since saturday evening sa tennis playing community kasi fixture sa local age group tennis tournaments iyong isang biktima. sayang pa naman kasi may potential iyon mag-excel pa talaga sa tennis

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The parents got the "early morning call" every parent hopes they never have. Good thing no bystanders were involved.

A lot of us were young and crazy once. I myself learned the hard way and was extremely lucky no one got hurt or killed. I'm also thankful my dad (RIP) cared enough to keep an eye on my driving and not just give me a car and leave me alone, until he knew i was responsible enough.

Coincidence too that just last Friday, a former officemate and I were having a talk and our topic drifted to schoolmates killed in car accidents back in high school (alam niyo na yung usong car na yan nung panahon na yon). Mon Tulfo also mentioned DUI in his article last week as it seems another college student was killed also in a car accident, supposedly while DUI.
    yeah we all went thru that reckless stage

dami ko close calls dati

fast driving inspired by F&F hehe

sabi ko nga doon sa isang thread there are people who don't live past that stage

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    We are the lucky ones that went thru that stage without incident, if meron man we live to tell about it.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    baka sisihin ng parents ang hyundai for SUA

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    Hanggang 40MpH ang mga Standard Frontal offset crash tests, in order to pass.

Any speed above that Bahala na ang Diyos.
    Pag *** member, may extra speed credits ka daw. :D

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    yeah we all went thru that reckless stage

dami ko close calls dati

fast driving inspired by F&F hehe

sabi ko nga doon sa isang thread there are people who don't live past that stage
    Quote Originally Posted by AKI125 View Post
    We are the lucky ones that went thru that stage without incident, if meron man we live to tell about it.
    In hindsight, i'm thankful that deal we had to get the 200sx when i was in 4th year HS/1st year college fell through (in turn, i ended up with my trusty pick-up for most of my college life). Given my driving skills and immaturity at that time i would have most likely crashed that tail-happy vehicle, big time.

I'm thinking the parents may have allowed their kids to drive around freely and go gimmik alone with the car at that time since they thought being inside the confines of AAV would keep them from doing anything harmful. That's a false sense of security as heck, even in my village where there's hardly any straightway to take your usual 1.6 to 2.0L beyond 60kph unless you drive real hard and run your car through the humps, there have already been some fatal crashes (yes, teenagers too).
    Last edited by vinj; May 21st, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    I wonder why teenagers really want speed? Makakarating din naman sila sa destination nila kahit hindi nila i race ang engine. Tsk!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buckle up for safety. They might have lived (though perhaps have been seriously injured) if they had not been thrown out of the car.

From some reports on the scene, the driver was gunning it from the hump at the previous corner (unless he jumped the hump), saw a motorbike exit the townhouse, braked and swerved to avoid hitting the motorbike, lost control and hit the sidewalk on the opposite side, steered trying to regain control and then hit the lamppost.

Acacia Avenue, where the accident happened, is pretty wide. One lane is wide enough to have 2 vans running alongside each other. A row of cars is parked on the right side of the road leading up to the gate of the Townhouse which is what prevented the driver from spotting from afar the exit motorbike.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jdee12 View Post
    I wonder why teenagers really want speed? Makakarating din naman sila sa destination nila kahit hindi nila i race ang engine. Tsk!
    It's about the adrenaline rush. Especially for kids brought up on Fast and the Furious.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Hyundai Elantra accident in Ayala Alabang village