New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    We went to Tagaytay last Saturday. At 7pm, as I was driving back to Manila, planning to use the SLEX entry in Sta. Rosa, my car fell into this huge blind rut on the right side, just at the point where you'd turn to get to the toll booths.

I hit the rut at just under 20 km/h but it was deep enough to be violent. Luckily the only damage concerned a short crack on my tire sidewall, little chips off my left-front rim, and some tears on the plastic skidplate under the engine bay.

No pierced/cracked oil pan, fuel tank or leaking shocks, but it could have easily happened that way had I fell in at a higher speed.

Be safe guys. I hope this serves as an FYI. May I suggest using the ABI/Greenfield entry/exit instead.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I was in Tagaytay yesterday. I used the Sta. Rosa in going there but used the Coastal Road in coming back. Lucky for me.

:yawn: [SIZE="1"]3508[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    nakakainis talaga magdrive sa SLEX ngayon lalo na sa gabi, bigla nalang meron lumalabas na mga ganyan hazards.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I think this thread would serve its purpose better if this would be transferred here: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135

So that travellers will have a warning about this hazardous portion

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I know that; i was riding our office car in the evening also and the driver hit that rut squarely (it was filled with water that time). And that was already several months ago!!!

I don't know though if this is under the jurisdiction of the SLEX or the local government since the rut is right on the shoulder entering the off-ramp from the national road. sigh...
    Last edited by vinj; April 1st, 2008 at 12:42 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    We went to Tagaytay last Saturday. At 7pm, as I was driving back to Manila, planning to use the SLEX entry in Sta. Rosa, my car fell into this huge blind rut on the right side, just at the point where you'd turn to get to the toll booths.

I hit the rut at just under 20 km/h but it was deep enough to be violent. Luckily the only damage concerned a short crack on my tire sidewall, little chips off my left-front rim, and some tears on the plastic skidplate under the engine bay.

No pierced/cracked oil pan, fuel tank or leaking shocks, but it could have easily happened that way had I fell in at a higher speed.

Be safe guys. I hope this serves as an FYI. May I suggest using the ABI/Greenfield entry/exit instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I know that; i was riding our office car in the evening also and the driver hit that rut squarely (it was filled with water that time). And that was already several months ago!!!

I don't know though if this is under the jurisdiction of the SLEX or the local government since the rut is right on the shoulder entering the off-ramp from the national road. sigh...

from Tagaytay, you turn right to the toll booth to go back to manila. That right side of the road tends to get flodded during rains. naglagay sila ng canal para kahit paano ay makatulog sa drainage. kaso wala rin. sa dami ng mga bus at trucks na dumadaan sa kanto na iyan, mula LTI, kaya siguro nagkaroon ng "edge".

Iyan ang route ko araw-araw pero pa left ako pa punta sa tool booth.

I think jurisdiction iyan ng toll way.

2 lanes ang daan kaso nag dagdag ng additional lane para sa mga kakanan. itong additional lane na ito dumadaan nag mga bus at mga truck pa SLEX.

ingat na lang.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    yan din ang daan ko araw araw, kaya dapat sa kaliwa ka talaga dumaan paakyat. bad trip diyan lalo na kapag umulan, ay siguradong baha diyan at di mo na rin makikita ang butas, tapos ang tagal pang humupa ang tubig diyan.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    well, the best drivers are SLEX drivers. nuff said

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    I think this thread would serve its purpose better if this would be transferred here: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135

So that travellers will have a warning about this hazardous portion
    May you do the honors kind sir?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    from Tagaytay, you turn right to the toll booth to go back to manila. That right side of the road tends to get flodded during rains. naglagay sila ng canal para kahit paano ay makatulog sa drainage. kaso wala rin. sa dami ng mga bus at trucks na dumadaan sa kanto na iyan, mula LTI, kaya siguro nagkaroon ng "edge".

Iyan ang route ko araw-araw pero pa left ako pa punta sa tool booth.

I think jurisdiction iyan ng toll way.

2 lanes ang daan kaso nag dagdag ng additional lane para sa mga kakanan. itong additional lane na ito dumadaan nag mga bus at mga truck pa SLEX.

ingat na lang.
    It's a little counter-intuitive kasi, especially for someone who doesn't regularly drive in the Sta. Rosa area. Instinctively, I'd think one would try to "hug" the right side of the road precisely because he/she was turning into the SLEX toll booths. Yun pala may higanteng lubak na naghihintay sa iyo kapag ginawa mo yung tama. Yun lang ang nakakainis.

Just venting, sirs...at least I'm not going anywhere near Sta. Rosa in the near future. Vacationers, may I suggest the ABI/Greenfield entry/exit instead...mas maluwag pa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Huge, unseen rut on Sta. Rosa entry to SLEX northbound: FYI.