New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    mga sir, how would you assess this?

a car is running on the main road...not too fast yet not too slow.
    approximately 50ft ahead there was an intersection, on it is a L300
    contemplating to cross.
    the car sounded its horn several times yet the L300 decided to cross.
    the driver of the car stepped on the brakes hardly but the car skid because of the heavy rain.
    after half of the L300 body had passed the double yellow line its bumper and of that car collided. it's the car that bumped to the L300.

now, whose fault it was?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i think both of them are "guilty" he he he. seriously, both of them sana nagbigay para no problem.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    the car that bumped the L300 is at fault because he was the one that bumped.

the car should have driven slow already by the time it was honking the horn and seeing the l300 ahead maybe braking or swerving. by this, it means the bumping car was the aggressive car because he honked and didnt brake earlier (meaning not defensive driving).

oh yea. the l300 can also say. "tailgating" si bumping car. kaya nga usually pag may banggaan e laging may sala yung tumumbok.

jazcker kayo po ba yung bumping car? peace tayo ha. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Right of way un car eh. Mukang mabilis kasi nag skid na nga eh. Saka 50ft, ang lapit na nun.

Hindi ba na-assess nun L300 na mabilis un car at sumugod pa rin cya? Kung talagang susugod cya, dapat cgurado nyang makakapasok cya ng mabilis para d cya abutin.

Kaya ako pag pumapasok sa main road inaantay kong clear talaga dahil wala ako sa right of way at baka d na kayanin sa break un padating na mabilis na sasakyan.

Alam kong usual na me sala un nasa likod, pero sa mga penalties ng LTO, wala un.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Both parties should have exercised proper and safe distance proximity given that both have seen each other moments before collision.

I think it's a case of both "assuming" too much from the other party.

A very avoidable accident.

Tough luck.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    :dunno:.. both of them should have slowed down especially the car kahet na right of way pa nya because IMO that's the rule whenever you come across an intersection.. and whenever i encounter incidents like this tapos ako kunwari yung driver ng car, i always practice safe driving by slowing down and assumes na pipilitin talaga tumawid nung other car before i can pass.. importante talaga na nakaalalay sa brakes just in case may pasaway like the L300 na pipilitin talaga lumusot.. kung makikipag-matigasan ka kasi sa mga pasaway na driver.. naku! magkakasubukan lang kayo..

dati rin kasi akong pasaway and i learned my lesson the hard way.. i lost my first car (when i was still in college) dahil sa same incident na ikinwento ng thread starter.. total wrecked! .. buti na lang nothing happened to me coz the seat belt law has just been implemented a month before the accident..

:fyi: lang po, i won the case.. got my car fixed and gained a P100T more, although i sold my car immediately.. galing ng abogado ng daddy ko eh..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    generally all intersections without stoplight is considered a stop-look-go situation....if you have driven in subic you know what I mean. it is not an issue on "who is in the main road has the right of way of priority".

the first one to arrive (should stop) at the intersection and also have the right to be the first one to go.

so in your case, it is already the L300's right of way. the speeding car was stupid (SIC) for NOT STOPPING on that intersection.

now if it is a T-section, the main road serves the right to go. those coming from the feeder road should stop before turning (left or right) as a rule.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baker123 View Post
    the car that bumped the L300 is at fault because he was the one that bumped.
    the car should have driven slow already by the time it was honking the horn and seeing the l300 ahead maybe braking or swerving. by this, it means the bumping car was the aggressive car because he honked and didnt brake earlier (meaning not defensive driving).

oh yea. the l300 can also say. "tailgating" si bumping car. kaya nga usually pag may banggaan e laging may sala yung tumumbok.

jazcker kayo po ba yung bumping car? peace tayo ha. hehehe
    ako nga po yun nagda-drive ng car!

Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    the first one to arrive (should stop) at the intersection and also have the right to be the first one to go.
    i am used to this rule since i had worked in an industrial park where such traffic rule is strictly implemented. i just don't know what really happened that night. well, accidents really do happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    so in your case, it is already the L300's right of way. the speeding car was stupid (SIC) for NOT STOPPING on that intersection.
    OUCH! ang sakit naman! it's not really that fast. i couldn't be running more than 60kph that time since kabisado ko ang daan at alam ko nga na may intersection dun! it's just that it's already too close for the car to stop since the road is wet. anyway, it's my fault as most of you say.

i've been driving for years but it's my first time to be involved in an accident! that's why i ask for your sides. now, i learned from that experience. i should be MORE careful! thanks folks!

kalalabas lang kahapon ng tsikot ko sa talyer. we're together again! kaya lang ang sakit na naman ng bulsa ko!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Question lang po... Wala bang traffic light or traffic police dun sa intersection na yun?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung bumangga ang me kasalanan..........pero kung sa harapan nabangga ang l300 ang l300 ang me kasalanan dun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
how would you assess this?