New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Chanced upon a FB post from a certain Don Goco and quoting his post (this happened last May 11 according to the incident report):

Im driving along P. Tuazon at 10km/h aprrox while following a cab, suddenly felt an impact on the passenger side. When I stopped and checked it, I saw a young boy lying along the sidewalk holding his back acting like he's in great pain. Then another guy approched me and told me that I hit the boy. My initial reaction was blank, telling the guy "huh". How can I possibly hit someone from the side of my car while driving in traffic. Had no choice but to step out of my car since everybody from that barangay already approached me. Regardless if I hit the boy or the BOY THREW HIMSELF to my car the first thing you will do is to bring the boy to a nearby hospital since he is in great pain. In my case they refused, the nanay told me to wait and they will call a traffic enforcer, which they did. Then here comes the enforcer with an AMBULANCE and they said. " nasan ang nabanga isakay ng ambulansya" the boy had minimal scratches on his left arm. Went to the ambulance while holding his back and walking like he's in pain and rushed him to a nearby hospital. Then they invited me to go to camp karingal for investigation. So I went with them.

We arrived at camp karingal and gave my statement, informing them that it is impossible to hit someone from the passenger side while driving in traffic. Investigator told me that regardless if im telling the truth or not still im liable for the accident, so I need to wait for the diagnostic on the boy and shoulder everything. The nanay came, Investigator asked the nanay "nasan yung anak mo? Nanay answered " naiwan na sa bahay at di makalad kawawa nga ang anak ko". Im not sure if its valid or not, but we pushed thru with the case with nanay giving the testimony. She saw nothing she based her statement from her kabarangay that saw the incident I asked for a witness but the investigator told me that the statement of the nanay is valid enough. The result of the xray is negative from any fracture.

The investigator asked us on how we are going to settle the accident. Then for some reason nanay cried all of a sudden and told the investigator that "ALAM NIYO SIR MAHIRAP LANG KAMI PINAYAGAN KO LANG ANG ANAK KO MAG TRABAHO SA CARINDERIA UPANG MAKAIPON SIYA SA PAGAARAL NIYA" so investigator asked her how she wants to settle it given the fact that I will shoulder the hospital bill. Nanay replied with tears " SIR SABI KO NGA PO SA INYO NAGTRATRABAHO PO ANG ANAK KO PARA PO MAKAIPON PANG PASOK ANG SABI PO NG TATAY NIYA KAILANGAN IPAHINGA NG 2 WEEKS DAHIL HINDI PO MAKALAKAD SANA PO YUNG ORAS NA HINDI SIYA MAKAKAPASOK MABAYARAN DIN PO, KAWAWA NAMAN PO KASI AT HINDI MAKAKAPASOK." BOOM instant pang kabuhayan showcase.

To cut the story short I insisted to pay everything but still gave them more than enough money to pay for the bills and medicine just to end it. Therefore we signed the agreement.

While preparing to go home they handed me the copy of the police report and asked me to pay 550php. So I asked them why? They answered " kailangan po natin ipanotaryo yung police report". While in big doubt still gave them 1000php. While Waiting for the change one of the investigator told me " wala po pang sukle sabi po ni chief pang merienda nalang na"

OKAY FINE. I WALKED OUT WITH A POLICE REPORT WITH NO NOTARY ON IT NO RECEIPT AS WELL

My questions:

1) how can you possibly hit a person using the side of your car while in traffic?
    2) given you hit a person running aprrox 10km/h. What kind of injury can he suffer from that will require him to rest for two weeks?
    3) for all moms out there, when your kid got hit by a car, will you have 2nd thoughts on bringing him to a nearby hospital instead of waiting for a traffic enforcer?
    4) Given the incident, what are the liabilities of the driver if we push thru with the case?
    5) is it a requirement to notarize the police report? When do they require a notarized police report?
    6) lastly is keep the change really a practice?

Sharing my experience to keep all the motorist to be extra careful.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Sad to hear what happened but just basing it on your story... Pretty much victim ka... Clear modus yan

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Need a dash cam. These things are getting more common

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowboxph View Post
    Chanced upon a FB post from a certain Don Goco and quoting his post (this happened last May 11 according to the incident report):

Im driving along P. Tuazon at 10km/h aprrox while following a cab, suddenly felt an impact on the passenger side. When I stopped and checked it, I saw a young boy lying along the sidewalk holding his back acting like he's in great pain. Then another guy approched me and told me that I hit the boy. My initial reaction was blank, telling the guy "huh". How can I possibly hit someone from the side of my car while driving in traffic. Had no choice but to step out of my car since everybody from that barangay already approached me. Regardless if I hit the boy or the BOY THREW HIMSELF to my car the first thing you will do is to bring the boy to a nearby hospital since he is in great pain. In my case they refused, the nanay told me to wait and they will call a traffic enforcer, which they did. Then here comes the enforcer with an AMBULANCE and they said. " nasan ang nabanga isakay ng ambulansya" the boy had minimal scratches on his left arm. Went to the ambulance while holding his back and walking like he's in pain and rushed him to a nearby hospital. Then they invited me to go to camp karingal for investigation. So I went with them.

We arrived at camp karingal and gave my statement, informing them that it is impossible to hit someone from the passenger side while driving in traffic. Investigator told me that regardless if im telling the truth or not still im liable for the accident, so I need to wait for the diagnostic on the boy and shoulder everything. The nanay came, Investigator asked the nanay "nasan yung anak mo? Nanay answered " naiwan na sa bahay at di makalad kawawa nga ang anak ko". Im not sure if its valid or not, but we pushed thru with the case with nanay giving the testimony. She saw nothing she based her statement from her kabarangay that saw the incident I asked for a witness but the investigator told me that the statement of the nanay is valid enough. The result of the xray is negative from any fracture.

The investigator asked us on how we are going to settle the accident. Then for some reason nanay cried all of a sudden and told the investigator that "ALAM NIYO SIR MAHIRAP LANG KAMI PINAYAGAN KO LANG ANG ANAK KO MAG TRABAHO SA CARINDERIA UPANG MAKAIPON SIYA SA PAGAARAL NIYA" so investigator asked her how she wants to settle it given the fact that I will shoulder the hospital bill. Nanay replied with tears " SIR SABI KO NGA PO SA INYO NAGTRATRABAHO PO ANG ANAK KO PARA PO MAKAIPON PANG PASOK ANG SABI PO NG TATAY NIYA KAILANGAN IPAHINGA NG 2 WEEKS DAHIL HINDI PO MAKALAKAD SANA PO YUNG ORAS NA HINDI SIYA MAKAKAPASOK MABAYARAN DIN PO, KAWAWA NAMAN PO KASI AT HINDI MAKAKAPASOK." BOOM instant pang kabuhayan showcase.

To cut the story short I insisted to pay everything but still gave them more than enough money to pay for the bills and medicine just to end it. Therefore we signed the agreement.

While preparing to go home they handed me the copy of the police report and asked me to pay 550php. So I asked them why? They answered " kailangan po natin ipanotaryo yung police report". While in big doubt still gave them 1000php. While Waiting for the change one of the investigator told me " wala po pang sukle sabi po ni chief pang merienda nalang na"

OKAY FINE. I WALKED OUT WITH A POLICE REPORT WITH NO NOTARY ON IT NO RECEIPT AS WELL

My questions:

1) how can you possibly hit a person using the side of your car while in traffic?
    2) given you hit a person running aprrox 10km/h. What kind of injury can he suffer from that will require him to rest for two weeks?
    3) for all moms out there, when your kid got hit by a car, will you have 2nd thoughts on bringing him to a nearby hospital instead of waiting for a traffic enforcer?
    4) Given the incident, what are the liabilities of the driver if we push thru with the case?
    5) is it a requirement to notarize the police report? When do they require a notarized police report?
    6) lastly is keep the change really a practice?

Sharing my experience to keep all the motorist to be extra careful.
    Pfft, pinerahan lang siya. Dapat unang ginawa nya ay tumawag ng abugado!

Moral lesson, kumuha ka ng isang friend na doktor, pulis, at abugado.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Hindi si TS yung nabiktima, he just quoted some guy who posted sa FB.

Bwiset na mga pulis mukhang kasabwat pa

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Suggestion, once nangyari ito. Roll the effing camera and do not effing stop!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    If you have insurance, do not do anything and tell them that the insurance rep is on the way.

If you do not have insurance, tell them just the same that you will wait for the insurance rep. Never say na may pera ka, sabihin mo pinapunta mo na ang iyong kamag-anak na abogado o colonel upang tulungan ka. Magkunwari ka na titingnan mo yung bata, sabay simpleng bigwas sa affected part. Magkunwari ka na litong lito ka at di ka maka desisyon. Wala ka ding pipirmahan na kahit ano, hanggat di dumadating ang kamag anak mo na abogado o colonel. Yung ambulansya, problema yan ng traffic enforcer, wala ka namang sinabing tumawag ng ambulansya di ba? at di ka nya masingil kasi wala kang pera di ba? Inisan ang laban dito. Baka sa inip nyan magmamakaawa na lang sayo na bigyan mo sila maski pangkape.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you have insurance, do not do anything and tell them that the insurance rep is on the way.

If you do not have insurance, tell them just the same that you will wait for the insurance rep. Never say na may pera ka, sabihin mo pinapunta mo na ang iyong kamag-anak na abogado o colonel upang tulungan ka. Magkunwari ka na titingnan mo yung bata, sabay simpleng bigwas sa affected part. Magkunwari ka na litong lito ka at di ka maka desisyon. Wala ka ding pipirmahan na kahit ano, hanggat di dumadating ang kamag anak mo na abogado o colonel. Yung ambulansya, problema yan ng traffic enforcer, wala ka namang sinabing tumawag ng ambulansya di ba? at di ka nya masingil kasi wala kang pera di ba? Inisan ang laban dito. Baka sa inip nyan magmamakaawa na lang sayo na bigyan mo sila maski pangkape.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    ^^^Questions 1, 2, and 3 are rhetorical questions; thus, there is no need to answer them.

On question 4-

Don Goco is supposed to be driver, then why would he ask about the “liabilities of the driver if we push thru with the case.”

On question 5-

No law that requires a police report to be notarized. Please take note that a police report is nothing but certification issued by the desk officer and noted by the COP to the effect that on a particular time and date an incident regarding of a particular fact happened at a particular place on a specific time and date involving some persons was registered or recorded in the police blotter. It need not be notarized because the contents of the police report are extract of entries in the official record (police blotter). Entries in official records made in the performance of his duty by a public officer of the Philippines, or by a person in the performance of a duty specially enjoined by law, are prima facie evidence of the facts therein stated.

On question 6-

There is no such thing. This is so because before you are issued with a police report or certification, you need to pay a certain amount at the municipal or city treasurer’s office. Then you present the official receipt (under the name of the Republic of the Philippines) to the police as proof of payment of the required fee so that you will be issued with the police report or certification.

With respect to this kind of MO, some words of advice: First, criminals who pull a stunt like this one are operating in their own turf where they are familiar with and accustomed to. Criminals are territorial in nature, especially the petty ones. So, if you find yourself in the same situation as Mr. Goco, it is important that you get the complete names and addresses of the child and the mother, and it is just as important that you get their personal circumstances correctly, because they are doing the same MO mostly at the same place and within same window. In other words, the police in the area know these things already (some of them may be complicit), and most probably their names are already recorded in the police blotter for nth time. Second, you insist on what happened and have it recorded in the police blotter also. You take a mental note of the plates of the motorists behind and beside you, who may have witnessed what actually transpired.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

good scam.. whole barangay involved..

"dalhin natin yung bata sa hospital. may kilala akong magaling na duktor doon (kahit wala naman talaga). pihadong ma-aalagaan siya doon ng husto. sagot ko."
    if they agree, then it is your chance to see that the kid is cared for appropriately.
    if they do not agree... even the cops will find it suspicious that they turned down a perfectly good offer. and you can walk away.
    and yes.. no need to notarize a police report. (what for? it IS a public record as it is, without notarization.)

"misis... nakita kong pumasok sa ambulancia yung bata... bat sabi nyo ngayon, nasa bahay siya... naglolokohan ba tayo?"

i don't know.. there are so many holes in the story...
    Last edited by dr. d; May 15th, 2015 at 01:13 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

good scam.. whole barangay involved..

"dalhin natin yung bata sa hospital. may kilala akong magaling na duktor doon (kahit wala naman talaga). pihadong ma-aalagaan siya doon ng husto. sagot ko."
    if they agree, then it is your chance to see that the kid is cared for appropriately.
    if they do not agree... even the cops will find it suspicious that they turned down a perfectly good offer. and you can walk away.
    and yes.. no need to notarize a police report. (what for? it IS a public record as it is, without notarization.)

"misis... nakita kong pumasok sa ambulancia yung bata... bat sabi nyo ngayon, nasa bahay siya... naglolokohan ba tayo?"

i don't know.. there are so many holes in the story...
    but i confess.. this is easy for me to say, because i am comfortable around hospitals..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast