New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why don't some hospital/clinic they automatically issue out ORs for the professional fee of their medical practitioners?

When my mom was paying at the cashier for the hospital bill of my dad, they initially refused to issue out an OR. But after she repeatedly stated that she needs the OR to have it reimbursed, they finally gave way.

At the same hospital, another lady was paying and also requested for an OR since she's only a katiwala of an OFW and that she needs one to properly account the hospital expense of one of their relatives. The hospital then gave her a breakdown of the professional fee written only on a notepad - saying that can serve as the OR.

Another big & popular hospital/clinic where my mom went for an outpatient & dental services also refused to give an OR.

The dentist that I used to go to also doesn't issue out ORs automatically when I make my payments (I used to spend P2000 per visit for my dental treatment then).

Buti pa yung small clinic malapit sa amin, they do give out an OR when they charge a consultation fee.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    M2, according to a doctor friend of mine it's because they are trying to avoid that EVAT thing for professionals (doctors, lawyers, etc.). He said that, if everytime they'd issue receipts for every PF, they'd have to pass the cost to their clients/patients. At least, that's what he told me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nico... yup... also heard that argument.

Kind of ironic isn't it? If all professionals (including actors/consultants/architects/etc.) just remitted the corresponding VAT for their PF, there wouldn't be a need for the E-VAT.

:boo:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can report that to the BIR. Having an OR is also documentary proof of obtaining the hospital or clinic's services.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    para makaiwas sa taxes....buti nga ngayon most of the gasoline stations eh nagiisue na ng receipt, unlike before na tinatanong pa kung mag issue sila or not...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Nico... yup... also heard that argument.

Kind of ironic isn't it? If all professionals (including actors/consultants/architects/etc.) just remitted the corresponding VAT for their PF, there wouldn't be a need for the E-VAT.

:boo:
    Yep. According to that doctor friend of mine, he does issue receipts - only when his patients ask. I kinda chided him about that EVAT thing. He said that he won't mind paying the EVAT if the government would use taxes correctly. However, one of his arguments/reasons struck me: paying huge taxes would cut-away from his income thus he would have to change/tone-down his lifestyle.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    totoo nakakahiya rin humingi ng receipt sa mga doctors, lalo na kung matagal niyo ng doctors, parang kami ng wife ko sa OB niya, parang nakakhiya eh....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    M2, saang hospital ba mga yan? Yung mga hospitals dito, since computerized na ang accounting nila, automatically prints out an OR after settling the bill.

Buti pala yung Pedia ng mga anak ko walang bayad so no need to ask for an OR

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    same experience din before. sa hospital wala naman problema since lahat ng babayaran mo eh may receipt. yun lang professional fee minsan ang may problema. I still remember na yun dad ko nakipagtalo pa dati dahil ayaw talaga magbigay ng PF yun duktor, syempre kinulit na lang since i-rereimburse kasi sa insurance yun.

pero in some cases may positive din kasi yun ibang duktor eh pwede bawasan yun PF nila or libre kung di talaga kaya magbayad ng pasyente.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nung humingi kami ng OR para sa PF ng OB ni missis, sabi ng secretary we have to pay for the E-VAT. So sa 18k na PF nya, kelangan namin magbayad pa ng 2k++ more just to get an OR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hospital/Clinic doesn't issue OR for PF