New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My girlfriend lives in front of the house of a home service auto detailing company. As my schedule is very hectic (36 hour duties, 7am-7pm office hours, etc.) and I am not blessed with a personal driver, I chose to avail of their services. A decision which I now regret.

Last weekend, some trees decided to say hello and touch the flanks of my Nissan Patrol during our department outing in Laiya, Batangas. I know a good exterior detailing can take care of the numerous fine scratches sustained.

So I decided to try to avail of this yet to be named home service detailing. I initially wanted to have it done last Sunday afternoon but they declined citing they were too busy. Monday was also not available. I'm duty Tuesday 7am to Wednesday 6pm and I need the vehicle here at the hospital. So we decided Thursday. At first they said, they cannot do it and wanted to have it done on a Friday (another duty day for me). Finally when I had my girlfriend asked them they said yes to Thursday.

So I wake up before 5am this morning. Drove with my brother to Caloocan (I live in Quezon City) to drop off the Patrol at my girlfriend's house (they're home service but I took the extra effort to bring the vehicle closer to them). And I then proceeded to go to work.

At around 10am I get a call that they cannot do it. It really got my blood pressure up. It was a big hassle for me to have to go to Caloocan with my brother in tow so I could leave the vehicle with them. Tonight I have a dinner in Alabang and have no vehicle to use (which would have been fine if the work was done, I was willing to sacrifice).

Sana na lang if they cannot deliver, they just say it in advance. My girlfriend lives in front of their doorstep for crying out loud.

So I called up Vince [Big Bert's]. According to Paul, their floor manager, if I had brought the vehicle to them before lunch, they could have pulled off the job. But now I cannot because the vehicle is stuck in Caloocan (with no driver) because of the Home Service Detailer's false promises. Tomorrow Big Bert's cannot accomodate me because of the upcoming MOA show. I want to rest on Saturday and I'm leaving for Cagayan de Oro next week. I do not want to leave the Patrol at home undetailed for the duration of my trip because I'll be more busy than ever when I return.

Sobrang hassle talaga. If only I knew they cannot deliver sana sa iba ko na lang pinagawa.

Mamaya ko na papangalanan ang sinungaling na shop na ito. Harang talaga. Big Bert's PROFESSIONAL Detailers pa din ang benchmark when it comes to quality and client handling.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Caloocan pala doc. Yung sa may roosevelt kaya? Na mas mas malapit sa ‘tin?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hassle nga yan at very unprofessional.. biruin nyo kapitbahay na ng gf nyo yung shop di pa naasikaso..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Anlabo ngang kausap nun. Ano ba naman yung i-relay na lang nila sa GF mo na hindi pala nila pwede i-accomodate yung Patrol? Ituloy lang nila yan, and they'll soon find themselves out of business.

On an unrelated note, there's this shop, Miracle Car Wash that also offers Meguiar's-certified detailing services. It's along Panay Ave. in QC, malapit sa office namin. Minsan dun ako nagpapa-body wash, but I haven't tried their detailing works yet; I want to bring my ride to Big Bert's first, para maranasan ko muna yung benchmark.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Malabo talaga. They're literally a stone's throw away from each other. Antayin na lang niya yung stone galing sa akin! Grrr...

Sobrang daming na-hassle dahil sa pagka-unproffesional nila. My gf, my brother, me. Not to mention the wasted time and lost opportunity (my rig could have gotten the royal Big Bert's treatment by now if not because of them).

'MOTHER's' ang product na gamit nila. Basta nasa Caloocan. Mamaya na lang yung name at details. Nalimutan ko din kasi.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sobrang badtrip naman ang ginawa nila. wala na silang pangalan napaka unprofessional pa. walang mangyayari sa kanila pag ganun ang attitude nila towards their clients.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Malabo talaga. They're literally a stone's throw away from each other. Antayin na lang niya yung stone galing sa akin! Grrr...
    Doc, hanapin mo yung may-ari, tapos hagisan mo ng kidney stone -- kasama yung kidney! :bwahaha:

Buti walang hiningi na downpayment bago mag-commence yung service. O baka naman mga disgruntled employees yung may kagagawan nun, sinasabotahe yung business ng amo nila.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

Sobrang daming na-hassle dahil sa pagka-unproffesional nila. My gf, my brother, me. Not to mention the wasted time and lost opportunity (my rig could have gotten the royal Big Bert's treatment by now if not because of them).

'MOTHER's' ang product na gamit nila. Basta nasa Caloocan. Mamaya na lang yung name at details. Nalimutan ko din kasi.

Maybe your GF can take it to Big Bert's? Don't know why you took the chance on a totally new detailer if she doesn't even drive.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I gave them a chance because I don't really trust my vehicles with anyone and I feel safer with it in her garage where someone I trust can watch over the work. It would be nice if they could do it here at home but then, no one can watch over the work as the people are pretty busy around here.

I just got home now and I'm on duty tomorrow. Now I have to wake up very early and travel more than double my trip distance because I have to get my Patrol. Stupid talaga.

I'm still furious, btw.

Anyone knows if Big Bert's has some extra tarpauline banners I can hang on my gf's gate? :lol:

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hassel nga yan sir! lalo na busy person pa kayo. if i were in your shoes, il take the time to go there but then again your busy... so parang inipit pa kayo sa ganyang situation.

thats so wrong... tsk tsk tsk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home Service Auto Detailing na malabong kausap