New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some photos: 2012 What We Do at Manila Northwest | Facebook [please tell me if said link doesn't work]

***I'm no lawyer and I'm not siding with anyone on this. I'm just telling what happened from my perspective***

I'm driving home from work. Along Elliptical Road, just before Commonwealth Avenue I spot a wrecked tricycle in the middle of the road. When I look out my driver's side window I saw a guy (the trike driver) cradling a woman in her arms (his passenger).

So I pull over to see if they need help. Some motorbike riders also pull over to offer assistance. Seeing the woman is injured, I try to radio for an ambulance. But my radio is down so I phone my friend who transmits the call for help via his 2-way radio.

Turns out they were a victim of a hit and run. A passing taxi driver bravely volunteers himself to chase the party that ran.

The MMDA Foton Blizzard unit arrives. Followed by the Q.C. Red Cross unit, the Q.C. City Hall DPOS unit, MMDA Road Rescue, and ABS CBN EMS. It literally a sea of flashing lights at the scene.

Turns out that the other vehicle's license plate got left on the accident scene. His side mirror was also ripped from the door and left at the scene. The license plate reads XSX 828 but you can barely see it because it is under a heavily tinted 'Toyota' plate cover. A few minutes later, other MMDA personnel track down the other vehicle because it sustained too much damage to keep on going (front tire went flat) and stopped at Commonwealth.

The victim was taken by Red Cross to East Avenue Medical Center while the other party and the damaged vehicle were hauled to Camp Karingal via tow truck.

I'd just like to mention that contrary to what other people say, I saw that a lot of Filipinos are still more than willing to stop and help strangers in need. I hope we don't lose that trait.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Good samaritans! God bless them!

~ ~ ~

What would the driver of the Toyota be charged with?

And btw, what's a good and reliable phone number to call when in need of an ambulance on the road?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The question is, why is a tricycle on busy major road? This is just an accident waiting to happen.

In fact, there is an existing ban on tricycles/pedicabs on major roads since 2010. (LINK: MMDA bans tricycles, pedicabs on major roads - The Philippine Star » News » Metro)

So when is the tricycle driver going to be charged for the accident, his tricycle impounded and driver put into jail?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Good Job Doc! :thumbup:

Sana dumami pa katulad mo.

And for that Toyota driver, wag sana mangyari sa family mo yan!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    good job, sana dumami pa ang pilipinong katulad niyo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not really a fan of tricycles on major roads. But when sh*t happens, victim first. Not really a fan of drivers that try to flee the scene also.

For those interested in becoming volunteers. There are numerous agencies that you can join.
    I'm part of Manila Northwest (Tondo) Volunteer Fire Brigade. We are affiliated with Central Fire Control 7 (Caloocan), Federation of Filipino-Chinese Fire Prevention and Civic Welfare Organization, as well as TxtFire Philippines.

In case of emergency (fire/medical):
    FED-FIRE: 242-2345
    Txtfire: 09225611111
    Central: 3679720

Private ambulance:
    Aeromed (Q.C.) 9111121
    Ambucore (Novaliches) 09228962188

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posting photos for our pals who are still in the Friendster era. hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The question is, why is a tricycle on busy major road? This is just an accident waiting to happen.

In fact, there is an existing ban on tricycles/pedicabs on major roads since 2010. (LINK: MMDA bans tricycles, pedicabs on major roads - The Philippine Star » News » Metro)
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Not really a fan of tricycles on major roads. But when sh*t happens, victim first. Not really a fan of drivers that try to flee the scene also.

Dapat talaga walang mga tricycle sa mga major roads dahil takaw aksidente ang mga iyan...

At ngayon nga, nabago ang complexion ng usapan dahil naaksidente na... At tinakbuhan pa.... Hay naku!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi naman. But it is beyond the scope of an E.M.S. provider to delve into such issues. Wala kaming pakialam kung sino ang at fault. We attend to everyone just the same.

It is the investigating body's task to find out who is at fault. Still, i don't like trikes on major roads and I don't like motorists that flee the scene.

The uninjured trike driver will also go in for questioning since no one can seem to locate the trike's license plate and the side car has no body number even though it is allegedly a member of a nearby TODA.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hit and Run at Elliptical Road (January 7, 2011 0100hrs)