New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I was talking to a friend outside the village then suddenly this car hits my car( 6 month old Subaru). Its full of young kids then they sped off. I was flagging them down but they kept on driving. I saw them because all the windows are open. Its a bulok toyota corolla color blue. I saw the plates. UAA822. What is the next step after a hit and run?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    file a police report and take a picture of the aftermath. try to get info from that plates.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Kaasar naman iyang nangyari sa iyo... If you want, you can trace where the offender lives and ask him for damages, but it could be too much trouble... Puwede mo na lang i-charge sa insurance na hit and run...

14.7K:cow:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by levi View Post
    I was talking to a friend outside the village then suddenly this car hits my car( 6 month old Subaru). Its full of young kids then they sped off. I was flagging them down but they kept on driving. I saw them because all the windows are open. Its a bulok toyota corolla color blue. I saw the plates. UAA822. What is the next step after a hit and run?

bro, eto ang steps na kailangan mong gawin:

1. get pictures of the damages
    2. get a police report
    3. call/go to mmda to report a hit and run (this is for them to be on the look out for the vehicle or for future apprehension when a violation was made by using the said car - also to have problems the next time the car will be registered, which is next month)
    4. call/go to LTO to report a hit and run (this will require the police report) - they will take it from there
    5. if any of your passengers got hurt, then ask your lawyer on how to proceed so you can file charges.

tracing the owner of the vehicle can also be done but if you've done the above, the penalty that the owner/driver will pay in the future is heavier. ang mahirap pa lase pag natrace mo baka makipagareglo lang or worse eh ideny pa. laking abala pa sa yo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Thanks for the info.

Hit and Run