New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=3]Mandaluyong's private armies[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]GOTCHA By Jarius Bondoc (The Philippine Star) Updated November 09, 2009

In Mandaluyong’s gridlocked Ortigas Center roam men in jackets marked “Ortigas security” or “Barangay San Antonio”. If they’re guards, why do they carry long arms while “patrolling” on motorcycles like cops? And by what authority do they apprehend motorists for road violations as if Metro traffic aides? They’re like vultures on the lookout for prey to mulct.

Ortigas tow crews are creepier. Complaints are piling against goons of Santo Niño Towing Co.; nobody at city hall seems to care. They swoop down not just on parked cars but riders. Make the “mistake” of stopping curbside to let a passenger off, and they’d chain your car and drag it to a yard on Fabella St. There they’d charge P2,000-“ransom” to return it.

Among last week’s countless victims were a chauffeured matron, her sister and young niece. She had gotten off at her mom’s house on Boni Ave. to quickly hand a food box over the gate. Whereupon Santo Niño Towing’s Jessie Hernandez popped up, accusing her aged driver of blocking the driveway and ordering him to step out of the car. As soon as the confused oldster complied, Hernandez grabbed the wheel and, with one rear door still open, sped off with the terrified sis and niece. Asked where he was taking them, he only growled, making the females think they were to be hostaged or robbed. Into the tow yard they were brought, the high steel gate shut behind them. Brusquely the supervising vulture Arturo Catindog and eaglet Allan Bucaso demanded P2,000. As the sobbing victims contested the supposed traffic breach, Hernandez brought in more captives. All were in shock. One was a pregnant woman who had pleaded in vain to be let off like her husband before their car was hoisted.

Mandaluyong officials had deputized Santo Niño’s street toughies as traffic-enforcers. Supposedly stubborn motorists need disciplining. But the tyrannical style is patently wrong, by modern police methods.

City Hall should study the success stories of William Bratton, police chief of Boston, then New York and, for seven years till Oct., Los Angeles. Bratton had brought down Boston’s crime rate from America’s highest to among its lowest. In New York he applied the “broken windows theory” to crime prevention. And he restored public trust in the LAPD, much reviled after white cops clubbed black Rodney King to submission. In all three posts Bratton transformed his men’s “warrior culture,” into “policing as something not done to people but with people.” By contrast, Mandaluyong’s way will only spur more street chaos.
    :thumbdown:

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    di ba pedeng barilin o bugbugin ang mga ito? and later claim that kala mo mga carnapper?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    this is one instance where i'd endorse the carrying and using of a gun - licensed or not. these people should be shot.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    grabe naman iyong mga iyan. talagang namamanatala. pero mali din ang mga tiga mandaluyong kasi pinapabayaan nila mag-hasik ng lagim even though dnieptuize na nila iyong mga goons na iyan

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yes, that's plain kidnapping and carnapping. Sueable and chargeable.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    but better is torture-able muna... ;)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailhook View Post
    this is one instance where i'd endorse the carrying and using of a gun - licensed or not. these people should be shot.
    sila dapat ang nakatapat ni Richard Ordonez instead of Cheryl Cosim's group. But I doubt these crooks are tough enough to do their dirty tactics if they see Ordonez' Cefiro sports an 8-plate. Kahit ibalagbag pa niya sa gitna ng driveway-tow-away zone ang sasakyan niya.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    dati na tow din kami same problem medjo di pukpok ang baterry bago umistart.. nung pupukpukin ko na eh biglang sumakay ang isa sa kanila..syempre nakipaghatakan ako bibatak ko siya pababa maya maya may dumating na mobile ng pulis at sumama na lang daw ako ng payapa dahil authorized daw mga g***ong yun! nung bayaran ko na ang towing fee tinicketan pa ko ng illegal parking!!! 500!! at babayaran daw sa metrobank.. di ko nga binayaran....

OT: lilitaw kaya yun pag nagrenew ako ng license?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    There is only one question to answer...are they authorised to tow? If not...I find no problem in shooting them down.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Funny, I remember when my fused tripped. Nasira kasi ung fuse (may car is 1yr old palang at that time) kasi may mga accessories ako basta ayun ung dating gumawa (C3 4x4) bobo ung tauhan pero no time na ko para magreklamo pa dun sa owner. So I called up the towing service na kilala ng family namin. Aba that was around 9PM and I already caused traffic on the first time nagloko (Guadalupe are) walang nagawa MMDA since may tinawagan ako. Biglang umandar, tawag ako ulit dun sa towing sabi on the way so pinasunod ko just in case.

Tapos nagstop ulit. Aba 3 sunod sunod na towing trucks ang dumating. Pinipilit ako. Nagkamurahan na nga kasi wala akong early warning device pero traffic talaga sa area (going down to Shaw underpass). Tumambay dun ung isang towing pinaalis ko. May dumating na PNP mobile. Sinita ako bakit daw walang early warning device tapos nagexplain ako, pinalayas ung towing truck (hindi pa flat bed to, eh pag pinilit nila sira ung sasakyan ko) Ayun, umandar ulit. Binayaran ko nalang ung friend ng mom ko sa abala.

Sa Makati ata nareklamo na yang ganyan. Ung pilit tinotow.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Hinayupak na Towing Service!!