New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It's an interesting read, especially for those with high tech keylock systems:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[SIZE=3]HOW TO LOCK YOUR CAR [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I locked my car --- as I walked away I heard my car door unlock I went back and locked my car again three times. I looked around and there were two guys sitting in a car in the fire lane next to the store. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]When I looked straight at them they did not unlock my car again.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]How to lock your car safely:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]While traveling my son stopped at a roadside park; He came out to his car less than 4-5 minutes later and found someone had gotten into his car, and stolen his cell phone, laptop computer, GPS navigator, briefcase..... you name it ...He called the police and since there were no signs of his car being broken into - the police told him that there is a device that robbers are using now to clone your security code when you lock your doors on your car using your key-chain locking device.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]They sit a distance away and watch for their next victim. They know you are going inside of the store, restaurant, or bathroom and have a few minutes to steal and run.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]The police officer said to be sure to manually lock your car door by hitting the lock button inside the car, that way if there is someone sitting in a parking lot watching for their next victim it will not be you.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]When you hit the lock button on your car upon exiting...it does not send the security code, but if you walk away and use the door lock on your key chain- it sends the code through the airwaves where it can be stolen, something totally new to us...and real...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Be aware of this and please pass this note on... Look how many times we all lock our doors with our keys...just to be sure we remembered to lock them.... and bingo someone have our code...and whatever was in the car ... can be gone forever.... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Be safe, especially at this time of year! [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The thieves we have here would just smash your window and grab whatever looks expensive at arm's length.

Best to keep laptop bags etc stored in the car's trunk.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Laptops are the hot item these days, and so many people make that mistake of leaving them in the car (kesho mabigat daw, saglit lang umalis ng kotse, etc.) I know of 3 of my colleagues who have lost company laptops to break-ins. Careless

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Scanners.

High Tech Security = High Tech Burglary