New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by endlessgwing View Post
    wala pa ako pic, pero here goes anyway. crv with HID, katabi ko sya, and infront of him e passenger jeep, merong mga nakasabit sa jeep including yung kundoktor, kitang kita yung mga mukha nila sa sobrang glare, tsktsk, and to think na nakatayo yung mga nakasabit ha... hanep
    Err, no offense to CRV Gen2 owners, but the stock headlight assembly of the vehicle sure emits too much glare even on stock halogens. Parang naka-high na pag-sedan ka tapos kaharap mo mismo yung CRV Gen2. Observation ko lang naman for the CRV Gen2 vehicles I encounter on the road.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I would be interested to see pictures of car with OEM HID headlamp if it really looks bad.

I understand HID installed on a non projector type head lamp ang higher Kelvin rating is causing this much glare.

Can it be corrected with proper aiming?

* TS salute to you bro I hate this blinding HID's on the road

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    higher kelvin gives lesser glare po. hindi na kasi maliwanag yung super saturated color eh...

some OEM halogen projector to HID still glares... some I have seen like the late CRV and the Kia Karens... I think a little nudge will help...

last night, may nakasalubong ako na Seventh generation Civic. most of the time, these civics glare really bad but this car was decent...

sorry for the inconclusive pic. just compare it with the halogen in high beams on his rear...

Don't know if the HID he uses dim-sucks, or he was a responsible enough rider, all I know that the glare was even better than a fortuner with seperate low-high beams.

my rating:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    What I do pag naka-HID tsikot sa likod at or nakahigh beam, albeit wrong, I let them pass and when I'm behind them I turn my high beams on and susundan ko nang todo.

One time may nakasalubong akong Jazz na naka-HID, I flashed my high beams about 5-7 times and the Jazz driver turned-off his headlights kahit madilim yung street. I guess alam niyang nakakasilaw ang headlight niya kahit low beam lang.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    baka mas lalo kayong maaksidente dahil pinatay yung headlights. mas ok na yung masilaw kaysa walang makita

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Headlight lang naman ang pinatay, hindi yung park light.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    High powered Halogen vs. HID saan mas nakaka silaw?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Para bang lighthouse sa liwanang........
    nadali nyo sir, parang light house talaga

Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    Err, no offense to CRV Gen2 owners, but the stock headlight assembly of the vehicle sure emits too much glare even on stock halogens. Parang naka-high na pag-sedan ka tapos kaharap mo mismo yung CRV Gen2. Observation ko lang naman for the CRV Gen2 vehicles I encounter on the road.
    yes, gen2 crv nga po yun.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Just wondering if I'll pass the rating...

No HID on my 4 wheeler... sa 2 wheeler lang kasi ok lang sa akin yung stock halogen lighting sa 4 wheeler... pero sa 2 wheeler yung stock halogen is only 35w lang

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    yep, hindi rin po lahat. take the example of motorcycles with crystal lamps. there is not one of them that does not glare. and the glare is the most worst I have ever seen. talo pa dalawa o Apat (with fogs) na HID bulbs ng glaring cagers.
    Agree ako dito, but no matter how much I try to promote usage of projector lenses with motorcycle HIDs para ma lessen yung glare the responses I get is usually "ang mahal naman" ... ... well... in my opinion, if you can afford to get HIDs you can afford to get projector lenses as well... mas mura pa projector lenses eh compared sa HID.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
HID users Rating: