New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    headlight aiming lang yan eh.
    kaya hindi nakakabulag naman ang retro fitted/projectors is they are
    aimed properly.may boundery hanggang saan lang.

nga pala
    "VTEC WITHOUT TURBO IS NOTHING"
    kid,have you driven a vtec lately?
    ahahaha.guess no.

less talk less mistake na lang tayo dito ha.
    madami tsikoteers.baka mabara ka lang ng todo.

halatang galit ka sa hid eh.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Meh I smell sour grapes. Betcha once OP gets to drive something with proper, projector-enclosed HIDs the the tune here will change.

I used to think the same way too, having had a ride in a friend's car with retrofitted HID bulbs. There wasn't much useful light, and there was a lot of glare. After having a car with stock projector HIDs though, I changed my mind completely. There's very little glare, and the light is bright, much brighter even than pure-white halogens like Osram Silverstars (which I have on my other car).

On a side note, most cars that come with stock HIDs use them as low beams, so it's a bit hard to ban them only inside the metro (in case you're thinking HIDs are considered "brights"). Most cars come with HID low beams, and a very bright halogen high beam.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    truthfully, HID kits on reflector type housings are illegal. you cannot aim a reflector type housing with an HID kit PROPERLY. it WILL give glare to oncoming motorists.

this is why..

When designing the optics (lens and/or reflector) for a lamp, the characteristics of the light source are the driving factor around which everything else must be engineered. If you go and change the light source, you've done the equivalent of putting on somebody else's eyeglasses: You can probably make them fit on your face OK, but you won't see properly.
    from http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

there is an ongoing thread on HIDs at our car electronics forum:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20763

very useful information/links are:

http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

The problem is some of us generalize ALL hid users just because we get blinded by the uneducated and/or hard headed HID users on the road.

new cars with OEM hid lights do not give that glare because they are fitted properly with projector type headlamps. the only car with a reflector type headlamp with HID as stock is the new top of the line civic. it doesnt give glare as i assume the headlamp was designed for HID lights with a specific HID bulb (D2r type)

see http://www.hidbulbsource.com/

if you really want to use HIDs on your headlights, spend more for a projector type retrofit. may gumagawa na ganitong service (bri_g in the local forums)

i personally have been successful on doing an HID retrofit using mitsubishi delica projector lens and modifying the beam cutoff inside as it was designed for use on right hand drive vehicles.

this WAS my headlights (back to stock na ako, sold it because i needed money e. hehehe)

this was the cutoff..hindi yan nakakasilaw.

the cut off was not that clean but it worked for me. bri_g does a better job as he uses proper projector lenses

i have also observed that cars that have diffused headlights (older cars) with HID kits give lessglare than the newer cars with clear/crystal headlights with HIDs
    Last edited by caloyski5; November 14th, 2007 at 07:37 AM. Reason: added info
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5 View Post
    The problem is some of us generalize ALL hid users just because we get blinded by the uneducated and/or hard headed HID users on the road.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by caloyski5 View Post
    new cars with OEM hid lights do not give that glare because they are fitted properly with projector type headlamps. the only car with a reflector type headlamp with HID as stock is the new top of the line civic. it doesnt give glare as i assume the headlamp was designed for HID lights with a specific HID bulb (D2r type)
    Actually, you can add the later released Altis 'G' models. Toyota advertised them to have HIDs already. I've seen a few sporting 4300K kits. They didn't have any more glare than halogens when I came across these cars. Also, I've seen some Volvo XC90s with HIDs. Not sure if these were factory equipped. I have a feeling they were.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    to the OP. bitter much?

nothing wrong with HID as long as you aim it properly not just get them and forget them.

that VTEC comment was uncalled for lol. VTEC sucks haha

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FerioEG9Boi View Post
    hehehe... no replacement for displacement. Nissan SR20!!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Hahaha. siguro VTECleta yung kanya

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    huh??...!
    not a chance..
    most car manufacturers these days have already made most of their manufactured car with hid headlights.
    ano mangyayari? product recall??..
    at kung ipagbabawal o iban man, pwede sana bilhin nla muna sa akin mga hid's ko then il switch to stock.
    just stick to the road not on with incoming lights of cars.. ur safety first, alam mo nang nkakabulag(HID) or nka hi yung ilaw ng kasalubong mo malayo pa lang e bkt mo pa tititigan?? drive safe nga naman..

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    to the threadstarter. easy lang. theres nothing wrong with HID as most have already said, except for mis-aligned or improper installation or use to cars.
    as for HID. it has helped the car and the driver. for that reason. it is becoming a standard equipment for almost all new automobiles.

hid has helped drivers to see better at night. and if fog or rain is a problem. theres 4300 and below K's for fog lights. which is already yellowish in color. and for how it helped cars? well, it has lessen the electrical load to the automobile. by using lesser amperage load but still giving good lighting and visibility and thus making cars safer.

so how to fix those misaligned or wrongly installed hid? well the govt should enforce the law. if they dont. we will still be seeing those cars with bad alignments and those that are not using right equipments for the hid.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    to the OP. bitter much?

*ferioeg9 - na hurt ka ba sir ferio hehehe. naku, mukhang ang nasalubong ng threadstarter e H car na naka HID. kaya sya nag comment ng ganun.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Hid 3000-8000k+ Banned Sana!!!